Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Bones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by Bones »

rogfulton wrote:
Bones wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:If it helps, I believe JimmyW is 41 years old.
I think you may be confusing his age with his I.Q
Today's winner of the Internet!
What do I win ? Let em guess, a life time supply of WeRe Cheques ?
guilty

Post by guilty »

Yes. Started to watch, but got bored and began skipping through. Peter reveals that the printer of the dud cheques was Communisis - I mention it on the off chance that the Fraud Squad are also reading Quatloos.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Bones

Post by Bones »

Funny quote on the film "ask questions, no one minds questions", "if you have questions ask"

Well you can ask Peter as much as you like how he clears cheques, he will not answer, just gives blows his top and blames everyone else - Peter hates questions

Peter confirms that his website was taken down - I thought I read somewhere that it was implied he did it himself to move to a new host. Appears that wasn't true after all, the powers that be took it down.

He has lost his paypal account and his nationwide account. Peter should have made himself familiar with POCA before starting this adventure
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Tm169 wrote:Made a short and hastily written blog post about Peter and to record some of his Facebook posts in case his Facebook disappears.
Excellent summary of the saga. I would just make one point:
Tm169 wrote:It is equally unclear if he intends to pay in pounds or in his own Re Unit currency.
It was initially unclear, but Peter clarified on or before 9 April 2015, by adding this to his WeRe Bank FAQ page ( http://www.werebank.co.uk/faq-3/ but link now broken).
Peter wrote:Also you should be fully aware that any cheque signed off in STG £ is honoured, to the PAYEE, not in STERLING [£] but in Re units – which are “monetary units of account” “cheque book money” or “bank ledger money of account”.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Quatloos is discussed by Peter at about 1:08:00 in the latest video.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ad#p384365
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
guilty

Post by guilty »

Apparently, 'clearing' of the WeRe cheque can be done over the phone or by fax. :haha:
Bones

Post by Bones »

guilty wrote:Quatloos is discussed by Peter at about 1:08:00 in the latest video.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ad#p384365
Thanks I will take a look, I got bored within the first 5 mins and I could not stomach anymore irrelevant analogies that were just smoke and mirrors
Bones

Post by Bones »

guilty wrote:Apparently, 'clearing' of the WeRe cheque can be done over the phone or by fax. :haha:
Does he mention the requirement to sprinkle them with fairy dust before attaching the allonge's ?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

arayder wrote:Bones, I would suggest you get in touch with the GOOFs internet provider and the company who sold them the software for the forum. I am sure their use policies prohibit using their materials to threaten others.
Wow, that's nasty abuse. Anyone who dares to tell the authorities about their scam will get visited and have their bones broken? I agree with ayrader, I think this should be reported.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
GaryBale
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by GaryBale »

https://youtu.be/etrELNU5vkY

48min - Nationwide
1:08 - Quatloos and Paypal
1:35 - Alien monkeys
2:08 - Talking about PNs and money is in the accounts
2:28:30 - Talking about paying off debts with Re not GBP, then some ????
2:33 - Mistakes with the cheques
2:37.30 - He's moving!
2:48 - The plan after the cheques come back.

Edit: might as well go straight to 2:48. It seems he believes clearing a cheque is as simple as saying "it's cleared" over the phone, and suggests threatening legal action for returned cheques.
Last edited by GaryBale on Tue May 12, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

If anyone and I direct this to the GOOFer's has an interest in the history of cheques and the actual clearly process please read this

http://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk/files/ ... y11%29.pdf

Peter has a very unique and misunderstood view of this process
Bones

Post by Bones »

GaryBale wrote:
Because he does not want to expose the people he lives with to "this" as they are normal people, normal people, salt of the earth normal people that wouldn't come to a meeting like this

Shows what he really thinks of the people that do go to those meetings and his customers - you dropped the ball there Peter. What is in darkness, comes in to light - :haha:
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

i have just watch that vid from 2.48, and to me, the reason the chq don't get paid is because the bank isn't presenting them to get paid to him, so therefore, until its presented it can be classed as unpaid as the money is waiting there,

is my thinking right
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

GaryBale wrote:https://youtu.be/etrELNU5vkY

48min - Nationwide
1:08 - Quatloos and Paypal
1:35 - Alien monkeys
2:08 - Talking about PNs and money is in the accounts
2:28:30 - Talking about paying off debts with Re not GBP, then some ????
2:33 - Mistakes with the cheques
2:48 - The plan after the cheques come back.

Edit: might as well go straight to 2:48. It seems he believes clearing a cheque is as simple as saying "it's cleared" over the phone, and suggests threatening legal action for returned cheques.
You watched the whole thing? That's really taking one for the team.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

fat frank wrote:i have just watch that vid from 2.48, and to me, the reason the chq don't get paid is because the bank isn't presenting them to get paid to him, so therefore, until its presented it can be classed as unpaid as the money is waiting there,

is my thinking right
No, the reason why the check isn't being paid, is that Peter has no money to pay them, and no means to transfer the non-existant funds to the bank in question. The presentation of a physical check is not the hold up here. If WeRe bank were real, it would have an account with BoE, through which the checks would settle. Money due WeRe would flow in, and money WeRe owes would flow out. I am not an expert of the UK Clearing process, but I am guessing the clearing center will aggrigate these debits and credits, and figure out how much each bank is owed and Due, and then these amounts are settled on a daily basis, using funds on deposit. Answering a phone and saying it is cleared, send me the check, is not how a check clears today.

So the simple answer is the correct answer, Peter has no Money to pay the Check, therfore the checks can never clear. Never, ever, never, never!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

ok cheers
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Bones wrote: Peter confirms that his website was taken down - I thought I read somewhere that it was implied he did it himself to move to a new host. Appears that wasn't true after all, the powers that be took it down.
Yes - implied by PoE himself on his Facebook page when he reported back on the meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9179700768
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Looks like he has a new providor:

https://www.lcn.com/whois/search?s=WeRebank
http://www.werebank.com/

Are there not laws preventing fake banks creating web sites? If so, who can this be reported to?

EDIT: I wonder how he is paying for these Domains, WeRe Check?

Edit 2: I see the following:

Domain Name: WEREBANK.COM
Registrar: WEBFUSION LTD.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1515
Whois Server: whois.123-reg.co.uk
Referral URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk
Name Server: NS1.JUSTHOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.JUSTHOST.COM

http://www.webfusion.co.uk/support/answ ... -host-999/
How do I report illegal activity on a site that you host?
If you need to report any illegal activity such as phishing, spamming or fraud being carried out by a site that we host, please contact our abuse team at abuse@webfusion.com and provide as much information as possible. Our abuse team will fully investigate all reports and take appropriate action where necessary
Can someone drop them a line... I will not be able to do so for several hours...
Last edited by NYGman on Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

NYGman wrote: No, the reason why the check isn't being paid, is that Peter has no money to pay them, and no means to transfer the non-existant funds to the bank in question. The presentation of a physical check is not the hold up here. If WeRe bank were real, it would have an account with BoE, through which the checks would settle. Money due WeRe would flow in, and money WeRe owes would flow out. I am not an expert of the UK Clearing process, but I am guessing the clearing center will aggrigate these debits and credits, and figure out how much each bank is owed and Due, and then these amounts are settled on a daily basis, using funds on deposit. Answering a phone and saying it is cleared, send me the check, is not how a check clears today.

So the simple answer is the correct answer, Peter has no Money to pay the Check, therfore the checks can never clear. Never, ever, never, never!
I think we have to go back a couple of weeks to PoE's first Facebook post about the £120k cheque to the Co-op bank.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9179700768

After telling the woman that WeRe Bank were not part of their monopolist cartel and that he would send electronic funds (presumably an e-mail) or have the debt "dishonoured for non-acceptance" I would imagine a clear message went round all the banks in the UK - beware - scam - do not even bother processing - pass to your fraud people.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

fat frank wrote:i have just watch that vid from 2.48, and to me, the reason the chq don't get paid is because the bank isn't presenting them to get paid to him, so therefore, until its presented it can be classed as unpaid as the money is waiting there,

is my thinking right
The banks can't present the cheques to Peter, because the cheques don't have a valid sort code. They have Peter's made up sort code (his date of birth backwards apparently). Without a valid sort code they don't know where the cheque should be sent on towards.

Now even if the banks were to get the cheques to WeRe bank, they still wouldn't clear because Peter wouldn't send the funds to cover the balance on the cheques. He says they have cleared funds, but this is a lie, their aren't any funds being held by Peter (he has a bunch of Promissory Notes that in my opinion are not even worth the paper they are printed on - given they cannot be traded and therefore hold no liquidity), and he cannot release what he doesn't have.

To an extent you are sort of right, but even if the banks did present the cheque they still wouldn't clear, simply because Peter is charlatan.
Warning may contain traces of nut