UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by littleFred »

Just suppose Magna Carta 61 [EDIT: the 1215 version] was valid law today. Suppose a judge doesn't turn up for a hearing. Would MC 61 give a mob the authority to take over the court? No, it wouldn't. Any authority would need to go via the 25 barons elected by the other barons. It was a concession to the barons, not to unruly mobs.
Last edited by littleFred on Sat May 09, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

I would say that if a judge keeps you waiting you would be best advised just to sit and wait patiently.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
guilty

Post by guilty »

As already pointed out the 1215 Magna Carta was repealed by the Pope. The accepted version of the MC is the one reissued in 1225.
Section 61 of the accepted Magna Carta, the one that became law, is about building bridges across streams.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

Of course the 1215 version isn't current law. And we have modern laws to prevent mobs from invading courts. I suppose the threat of invasion is what brought the first row of police, and subsequent jostling brought the second.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Tom Crawford has received the promised email from Justice Godsmark giving his judgement on the hearing of Tom's appeal against the Order of Possession. He is forbidden to communicate the outcome in any way until it is communicated in person at a court hearing tomorrow. Unusually, people seem to be taking this seriously and there is absolutely no indication of the result. The only possible signal is that the hearing is not expected to take more than 5 minutes!
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Tom Crawford has received the promised email from Justice Godsmark giving his judgement on the hearing of Tom's appeal against the Order of Possession. He is forbidden to communicate the outcome in any way until it is communicated in person at a court hearing tomorrow. Unusually, people seem to be taking this seriously and there is absolutely no indication of the result. The only possible signal is that the hearing is not expected to take more than 5 minutes!
Anyone of a sporting nature care to lay some odds?? :whistle:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom wrote:He is forbidden to communicate the outcome in any way until it is communicated in person at a court hearing tomorrow.
vampireLOREN wrote:Anyone of a sporting nature care to lay some odds?? :whistle:
10/1 (Re's) Tom Crawford will have told many people the out come before tomorrow.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

wanglepin wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:He is forbidden to communicate the outcome in any way until it is communicated in person at a court hearing tomorrow.
vampireLOREN wrote:Anyone of a sporting nature care to lay some odds?? :whistle:
10/1 (Re's) Tom Crawford will have told many people the out come before tomorrow.
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET HE HAS TOLD THEM ALREADY.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Can you please post a link

Thanks
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Come on VL spill the beans. I do love a good court room drama. This is edge of the seat stuff this.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

exiledscouser wrote:Come on VL spill the beans. I do love a good court room drama. This is edge of the seat stuff this.
Its just a guess........ :whistle:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

wanglepin wrote:
Well he's allowed to tell his family and his legal advisers. His daughter knows - it was she who posted the message about the embargo https://www.facebook.com/groups/5311314 ... 6/?fref=ts

I assume that Michael O'Bernicia, Guy Taylor et al know too.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

I assume that Michael O'Bernicia, Guy Taylor et al know too.[/quote]
That was my thoughts..... the post was actually quite funny as Jon Dow jumped on the band wagon and poor Amanda got in quite a tizz.
Normal......how many Re's are you prepared to Gamble and at what odds??? :thinking:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

wanglepin wrote:
That is now "EVENS" :?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Because they have said this

We anticipate the hearing should last no longer than 5 minutes therefore it is not necessary for folks to attend court.

I have a suspicion that he has won his application to appeal and that the judge has bottled it.

Sadly the SovCit's will take this as a victory (especially the two Michaels, Guy, Ceylon) forgetting that this was just an application to appeal it is not a judgement to say that Tom or the other idiots are right. If I am right, there will be another case in a few more months, sending the legal bill through the roof meaning Tom loses even more equity in the house.

He could have sold up and downsized and not have to worry about a mortgage but because he has been sucked in by the SovCit's, in the end he will be left with just a pot to piss in
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Bones wrote:Because they have said this

We anticipate the hearing should last no longer than 5 minutes therefore it is not necessary for folks to attend court.

I have a suspicion that he has won his application to appeal and that the judge has bottled it.

Sadly the SovCit's will take this as a victory (especially the two Michaels, Guy, Ceylon) forgetting that this was just an application to appeal it is not a judgement to say that Tom or the other idiots are right. If I am right, there will be another case in a few more months, sending the legal bill through the roof meaning Tom loses even more equity in the house.

He could have sold up and downsized and not have to worry about a mortgage but because he has been sucked in by the SovCit's, in the end he will be left with just a pot to piss in
I would think he has already reached the point in which it is doubtful he has any equity to speak of, I imagine every step
the Lenders have taken goes in to serious money. The Judge can only grant him leave to appeal if he feels he has a chance of success however slight. If the judge does take this step it does feel like kicking it upstairs. Maybe in their minds they feel that the Lender will just go %&*$ it keep the bloody thing!!!!and walk away. For them to give up would open the gates.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

A couple of points. If Tom Crawford is given leave to appeal, won't he need a barrister to represent him at court?
The lender won't give up, partly because of the floodgates it would open and partly because they can still go after the money for 10 or 12 years. This has caught people in the last couple of decades where they have lost a house to repossession, bought somewhere several years later then been caught up with by their first lender. Two cycles of the housing market and the borrower now has a property with some equity in it, so along comes their first lender looking for the costs and arrears they didn't get the first time. The borrower is now worth catching up with.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bones wrote:He could have sold up and downsized and not have to worry about a mortgage but because he has been sucked in by the SovCit's, in the end he will be left with just a pot to piss in
Yes, it's not a good outcome for him whatever the GOOFy's say. I'm glad that the courts allow every possible opportunity to defend something so serious as the loss of one's home, but I fear it prolongs the inevitable in this case. And the bank will be recovering their massive legal costs from the equity, as you say.

For sheer entertainment, I hope TC gets permission to appeal - the longer it's drawn out, the more amusing the eventual crash will be. But the kindest thing would be to end it now, while he still has a chance of taking some money from the proceeds of sale.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:If Tom Crawford is given leave to appeal, won't he need a barrister to represent him at court?
If you mean, is it a legal requirement to have a barrister, I think the answer is no, it isn't. He can run his own appeal, as far as I know, if he wants.

But I think Tom's best chance of winning would be by taking proper legal advice, at the very least. A solicitor experienced in this field could find arguments the court would recognise. A barrister might be better that Tom at presenting the case at court.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
Well he's allowed to tell his family and his legal advisers.
I take it that will be Ebert & Taylor Barristers at Law :haha: