Newsletter from MaketheStand.com (Ed and Elaine Brown)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Newsletter from MaketheStand.com (Ed and Elaine Brown)

Post by Dezcad »

This just in. Check out Shaun's reply about his PayPal account being the subject of an IRS summons.
Dear Supporters,

I would like to remind you that the FALL FREEDOM FEST is coming up soon! It\'s only a week away! We\'ve been raising money, getting things organized, and are expecting a great turnout this time. Don\'t miss out! If you can find a way up there -- go go go :) It starts at around noon, although many people will be showing up early. Come whenever you can. It\'s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Meet people from all over the country who know what\'s going on and are doing something about it.

We\'ve raised almost $2,000 so far. There are plenty of courageous people who keep donating, despite scare tactics by the feds.

Sept 07 -- A new music video posted...excellent! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NvRTvmGKG0

Sept 04

IRS Subpoenas MakeTheStand.com PayPal Accounts!!!

I received the following email today. I contacted PayPal immediately to verify that this email DID come from PayPal -- it did. On August 1st, the IRS allegedly got a court-ordered subpoena (we\'re looking into it) for the PayPal account under the email fund@icarry.org. This was my private PayPal account -- it did NOT belong to MakeTheStand.com nor did it belong to Ed & Elaine.

I am assuming the action by the IRS (an off-shore corporation based in Puerto Rico that works for the Federal Reserve) arose from this post in our forum on July 26th. In this thread, I asked for financial assistance from our members and visitors to pay for the hosting of this website. In six days they allegedly had their subpoena, took it before the court, and then sent it off to PayPal.

I would like the private off-shore corporation INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE to provide evidence of jurisdiction, evidence that I am a taxpayer, a fully-disclosed contract that I have signed wishing to become a taxpayer (an unconscionable agreement), evidence and fully-disclosed contract that I am (also unconscionable) a U.S. person and/or a U.S. citizen (as opposed to an American Citizen or Citizen of the de jure united States). Put simply: show me your jurisdiction, and show me the law. Without that, I have no dealings with you. You may also be held liable under common law for the crimes you are commiting under COLOR of law (your corporate policies masquerading as law). SHOW ME :)

By the way, we received an entire $50 from our supporters. These guys are really greedy. They want that which they have no entitlement to. This money is OURS -- we earned it. Some people already paid taxes they didn\'t even owe on it. Why do we give these guys money so they can invade our privacy, harass us, steal from us, and kill us? We\'ve committed no crimes. We owe them nothing -- they have no law that requires us to do what they want. They raid our dental offices, fly helicopters over our houses, try to jail us, try to buy their way into our property to electrocute and kidnap us...

SHOW US YOUR JURISDICTION AND SHOW US THE LAW or leave us alone.

Dear Shaun Kranish,

PayPal has received a civil summons requesting information related to your PayPal account(s). The summons was issued by the Internal Revenue Service in relation to their investigation of Elaine and Edward Brown.

Your privacy is extremely important to PayPal. However, the law requires PayPal to turn over this information, as disclosed in PayPal’s Privacy Policy. If you have any concerns about the disclosure of this
information you should consult with your attorney. You may have rights
in connection with the summons, including the right to seek to prevent the summoning party from obtaining some or all of the information sought.

PayPal cannot provide you with legal advice. If you have questions concerning the summons, we encourage you to contact the summoning party, and/or your attorney.

Below is the contact information for the party that served us with the subpoena.

Revenue Officer Patrick Dillon
1250 Hancock St.
Suite 5035
Quincy, MA 02169
617-745-7212

Shaun and his wife have also been attacked by the locals a number of times. He\'s still fighting fictitious \"charges\" in his name in multiple states. For more info visit a section in the forums dedicated to their defense. There is also a blog that talks about their dealings with a corrupt Wisconsin county: http://walworthcorruption.blogspot.com
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

I've been frustrated with the authorities' continued reluctance to take action against Ed and Elaine and put an end to "the stand."

Now I'm starting to see that delay has considerable benefits. Ed and Elaine are like a giant net for people who flaunt the tax laws. Sooner or later, because of their general arrogance, various TPs pay their visits to Ed and Elaine and say a little too much in public about what they have done. All the DOJ/IRS has to do is catalog the evidence as it accumulates online and elsewhere. The IRS and DOJ probably have huge files on each of these people labeled, "admissible self-incriminating evidence."
Weathervane

Re: Newsletter from MaketheStand.com (Ed and Elaine Brown)

Post by Weathervane »

I am assuming the action by the IRS (an off-shore corporation based in Puerto Rico that works for the Federal Reserve)

:D :D :D I really needed a good Monday morning chuckle.
SHOW ME :)
He must be from Missouri!
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Shaun married his co-defendant? Isn't that romantic, and he's kind of young to get married.

As for Shaun claiming that all he tried to do was buy some ice cream with Liberty Dollars, that doesn't really explain why he's been charged with four counts of passing funny money on three different dates in Wisconsin (4/28/07, 4/29/07, and 5/6/07). There's also a concealed weapon charge for the 5/6/07 date.
The Defendant was charged with the following offense:
Count No. Statute Cite Description Severity Offense Date Plea
1 943.20(1)(d) Theft-False Representation <=$2500 Misd. A 04-28-2007 Not Guilty on 05-18-2007
Charge Modifier(s)
Statute Cite Description
939.05 PTAC, as a Party to a Crime
943.20(3)(a) Penalty-Theft if Value <=$2500

2 943.20(1)(d) Theft-False Representation <=$2500 Misd. A 04-28-2007 Not Guilty on 05-18-2007
Charge Modifier(s)
Statute Cite Description

3 943.20(1)(d) Theft-False Representation <=$2500 Misd. A 04-29-2007 Not Guilty on 05-18-2007
Charge Modifier(s)
Statute Cite Description

4 943.20(1)(d) Theft-False Representation <=$2500 Misd. A 05-06-2007 Not Guilty on 05-18-2007
Charge Modifier(s)
Statute Cite Description
939.32 Attempt

5 941.23 Carrying a Concealed Weapon Misd. A 05-06-2007 Not Guilty on 05-18-2007
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
I'll bet it is.

Stupid sh!t.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Shaun married
Is she simple? A child-bride? Does she believe in tax-evasion pixie dust? We all know she's blind...I mean...well, look at him. Wait, a blind person can still tell if someone's attractive. Perhaps she's blind, deaf, and is lacking a sense of touch. Or has really low self-esteem. Or is in a coma.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Shaun married
Is she simple? A child-bride? Does she believe in tax-evasion pixie dust? We all know she's blind...I mean...well, look at him. Wait, a blind person can still tell if someone's attractive. Perhaps she's blind, deaf, and is lacking a sense of touch. Or has really low self-esteem. Or is in a coma.
Here is how she describes herself in the MaketheStand forum:
I was born and raised in Russia, and I always had a dream-to come to America and be free. What I have been dealing with for the last 3 months has totally broken my heart. Now I can't even continue with my immigration process because of these bogus charges I am facing. I have not seen my family for 3 years, and without this being dropped I am stuck here even though I am married to an American. Sad
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Holy crap, that poor mail-order bride! :(
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

You can help by calling!
We would ask that you take a minute or two out of your day and call the numbers listed on the left side. These are the three businesses that were allegedly "victimized" -- two of them freely accepted the Liberty Dollar and one of them called the police. None have sought a simple solution -- such as asking Shaun to give them federal reserve notes instead!!!

We ask that you be as polite as possible and simple ask them to look into this matter and try to resolve it in a simple way, by asking for paper instead of silver. They may also wish to post that they don't accept the Liberty Dollar or train their employees to let patrons know. Just like many stores don't accept credit cards -- Dari Ripple included -- they can simply let people know. Having them arrested and/or pressing charges is ludicrous!

Thank you for standing with us!!!
Another typical behavior of TPs - putting the responsibility of their actions onto an innocent party. Shaun thinks that the merchants should have been the ones to tell him that they wanted FRNs. Why couldn't have Shaun walked into the store and said up front that he had Liberty dollars and FRNs and ask the store which ones they wanted? Or is Shaun suggesting that he is so incompletely immature that he needs other adults to monitor him and correct his behavior? If so, we have a place for him where that can be accomplished - it's called prison.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dear Shaun Kranish,

PayPal has received a civil summons requesting information related to your PayPal account(s). The summons was issued by the Internal Revenue Service in relation to their investigation of Elaine and Edward Brown.
Ok, i don't believe this. I don't believe an FBI summons would mention the details of the case and i don't believe Paypal would share them.

It would be:

1. The FBI sends a summons to Paypal that just says hey we got a judge to agree that we need this information.

2. Paypal sends a notice to the user that just says hey the FBI wants your info and we have to give it to them.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:Ok, i don't believe this. I don't believe an FBI summons would mention the details of the case and i don't believe Paypal would share them.

It would be:

1. The FBI sends a summons to Paypal that just says hey we got a judge to agree that we need this information.

2. Paypal sends a notice to the user that just says hey the FBI wants your info and we have to give it to them.
I don't know how a FBI summons would read, but an IRS summons does name the taxpayer as the reason for the issuance of the summons. If the summons is issued to a third-party for the purpose of trying to collect assessed taxes, the taxpayer does not get the right to quash the summons in federal court. However, if the summons was issued by the IRS in order to secure information for the purpose of determining if the taxpayer would owe taxes, then the taxpayer would be noticed by the IRS regarding the summons and afforded quash rights.

And IRS summonses don't require approval by a judge prior to being issued and served.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:
Dear Shaun Kranish,

Ok, i don't believe this. I don't believe an FBI summons would mention the details of the case and i don't believe Paypal would share them.
Who said anything about the FBI?

I think that, mirabile dictu, what Shaun has described is actually what happened. Paypal got a summons from the IRS and notified the account holder.

The only thing that puzzles me is why the notice to Shaun came from Paypal and not the IRS. (See IRC section 7609(a) and Treas. Reg. section 301.7609-3(a).) The reason is probably that the IRS is not investigating Shaun, but the Browns, and Shaun just got caught in the net by accident.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

LPC wrote: The reason is probably that the IRS is not investigating Shaun, but the Browns, and Shaun just got caught in the net by accident.
I have a feeling that Shaun will get caught in a lot of nets, all by his own doing.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

There's also a concealed weapon charge for the 5/6/07 date.

I think the weapons charge was dismissed. He's a bit of a hero in the pro-gun community for that. He was carrying an unloaded pistol in a fanny pack. According to Illinois law, it is legal to "transport" a firearm if it is A) unloaded, and B) enclosed in a case.

It's very disappointing to me, a gun rights advocate, that too many in the gun community are also anti-government anti-tax kooks. They give the rest of us a bad name.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Blackbeard wrote:
There's also a concealed weapon charge for the 5/6/07 date.

I think the weapons charge was dismissed. He's a bit of a hero in the pro-gun community for that. He was carrying an unloaded pistol in a fanny pack. According to Illinois law, it is legal to "transport" a firearm if it is A) unloaded, and B) enclosed in a case.

It's very disappointing to me, a gun rights advocate, that too many in the gun community are also anti-government anti-tax kooks. They give the rest of us a bad name.
He has another weapon charge coming up in Wisconsin.
Demo.