Most Believable Story in the Annals of LostHorizons

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Most Believable Story in the Annals of LostHorizons

Post by Dr. Caligari »

In the midst of a thread about the (supposed) difference between a "lien" and a "notice of lien," someone called Mutter posted this story which, I am quite sure, happened exactly as he says:
The man who figured this out in 93 called in on the second hour of the radio interview and told this story.
when he figured it out he went to the S.E.C in Seattle. He said they had the entire 22 floor of the sky scapper. he asked the guy he spoke to if it was their job to stop securities fruad and the reply was yea thats what we do. he then gave the SEC the info. he was told by some guy to come back in a week cos this was big time stuff and it needed to go up the chain of command.
When he returned in a week the floor WAS EMPTY! THE ENTIRE FLOOR HAD MOVED WITHIN 1 WEEK! He could not find where they had moved too. Some time later he ran into the guy from the SEC on the subway or bus. the SEC guy recognized him and turned pal when he was confronted. Rushed off the subway saying send me a letter.
He did however convince the county recorder in his county to stop doing this.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Perhaps we need a little background. Either way, I take it that you're kidding?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

There is no SEC office in Seattle because it merged with the Pacific Regional Office in 1993.

San Francisco Regional Office
Helane L. Morrison, Regional Director
44 Montgomery Street, Suite 2600
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 705-2500
e-mail: sanfrancisco@sec.gov
Demo.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

There is no SEC office in Seattle because it merged with the Pacific Regional Office in 1993.
And now we know why. Imagine moving an entire office to another state just to maintain the conspiracy. It makes me proud to me an illuminatus.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:There is no SEC office in Seattle because it merged with the Pacific Regional Office in 1993.
Oh, and I suppose you are going to say that it was just coincidence that SEC moved at the same time they were confronted by the lien-waving TP?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Either way, I take it that you're kidding?
You think?

I mean, after all, everybody knows that the Securities and Exchange Commission has jurisdiction over IRS notices of lien.

And it's obvious that, if presented with "proof" that a NOFTL is not a "real lien," the SEC would have to close up shop rather than admit the existence of such a "massive fraud."

Who could ever doubt such a story?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Here's today's gem from mutter:
mutter

553 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 : 08:27:33 AM
I like the idea of sueing every state in the union for constitutional violation of making something other than silver or gold coin acceptable for paying a debt. That is our escape from the banksters clause. Thats why it was put in. So even if the banksters took over the federal government, via a national bank, the states would still remain free cos all states should only be accepting currency that is either gold or silver or backed by one or the other.
So lets have some ideas.
first off in what jurisdiction would this be?
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Either way, I take it that you're kidding?
You think?

I mean, after all, everybody knows that the Securities and Exchange Commission has jurisdiction over IRS notices of lien.

And it's obvious that, if presented with "proof" that a NOFTL is not a "real lien," the SEC would have to close up shop rather than admit the existence of such a "massive fraud."

Who could ever doubt such a story?
It occurs to me that I could have just read the thread you were referencing on LH. Having done that, I see, more clearly, the hilarity involved.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
silversopp

Re: Most Believable Story in the Annals of LostHorizons

Post by silversopp »

I believe it, because this posting leaves no question unanswered...except:
The man who figured this out in 93 called in on the second hour of the radio interview and told this story.
What man? Why isn't he named?
when he figured it out he went to the S.E.C in Seattle. He said they had the entire 22 floor of the sky scapper.
What sky scrapper?
he asked the guy
What guy? Why isn't he named?
he then gave the SEC the info.
What info?
he was told by some guy
What guy? Why isn't he named?
When he returned in a week the floor WAS EMPTY!
Returned where?
He could not find where they had moved too.
Why couldn't he look it up in the same place that told him which building to go to in Seattle?
Some time later he ran into the guy from the SEC on the subway or bus.
Which guy? There were two guys. And was it the bus or was it the subway?
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Quote:
What man? Why isn't he named?
Somewhere in the thread it's suggested the "man who figured it out in 93" was none other than Jim Shaver. Shaver had tried this same approach in the late '90s and failed.

It seems to be a recycling of an old idea, packaged for profit, as they want $99 to get the details.
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Similar story...

I was walking past United States Tax Court last week. A man approached me demanding to know where United States Tax Court had moved to. I pointed at the building and said that it hadn't moved--he was standing right next to it. He told me that I had to be wrong--the building was empty and locked. So where had they moved Tax Court to? He had to file something right away.

It was 8:30 p.m.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grammarian44 wrote:Similar story...

I was walking past United States Tax Court last week. A man approached me demanding to know where United States Tax Court had moved to. I pointed at the building and said that it hadn't moved--he was standing right next to it. He told me that I had to be wrong--the building was empty and locked. So where had they moved Tax Court to? He had to file something right away.

It was 8:30 p.m.
I bet he was referring to Night Tax Court.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

No, no, no - I said "Night Tax Court." You know, that marginally silly court room where the judge is a part-time magician, the prosecuting attorney is over-sexed, the bailiffs are almost human and the people being hauled in for trial actually resemble most of the TPs out there.

Investor

Post by Investor »

That story was meant as a joke, right? The guy who posted that to LH is just a troll there, making fun of the TP's? I have dealt with some thick people in my life, but I find it hard to believe someone really thinks that the SEC moved their entire operations to cover up his tax lien.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Investor wrote:That story was meant as a joke, right? The guy who posted that to LH is just a troll there, making fun of the TP's? I have dealt with some thick people in my life, but I find it hard to believe someone really thinks that the SEC moved their entire operations to cover up his tax lien.
He's a frequent and longtime poster at LH and this is just one of the types of posts he makes. If you look through his posts, you can find out that he is George Mutter who one time lived in Delaware.

Rumor has it that he's a relative of David VP Merrill....
Investor

Post by Investor »

Then the guy is certifiable, right? Does he realize that he is one of 300 million people living in this country? Does he think every government agency just moves whenever one of those 300 million people feels he's been treated unjustly? This is truly a sign of delusions of grandeur--and a serious mental disorder.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Investor wrote: This is truly a sign of delusions of grandeur--and a serious mental disorder.
In the words of Walter Kerr - he has delusions of adequacy....
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Investor wrote:Then the guy is certifiable, right? Does he realize that he is one of 300 million people living in this country? Does he think every government agency just moves whenever one of those 300 million people feels he's been treated unjustly? This is truly a sign of delusions of grandeur--and a serious mental disorder.
They all think they're so very special.

You know, someone from "Acquisitions and Torture Techniques" once owed me $15. I went up to the 52nd floor to collect it from him and he told me that he'd have it the next day and to come back then. So the next day, I tried to go up to the 52nd floor, but the elevator buttons no longer had a 52. So I got off on the 51st floor, determined to take the stairs up the last flight. Well, I climbed the stairs and opened the door to exit the stairwell and there was...nothing. They removed the entire floor overnight! There were no walls, no floor, just the demolished remnants of electrical and plumbing and the underside of the 53rd floor. Before I could behold the spectacle in its entirety, a hawk chased me back into the stairwell.

Several months later, I saw that same guy working at McDonalds. I ordered a #1 with fries and coke and told him to use the $15 he owed me to pay the bill. He replied with a smile, pulled out an AK-47 and shot up a bus full of nuns. Over the hail of gunfire, you could hear Ronald McDonald laughing maniacally.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Investor

Post by Investor »

You know, someone from "Acquisitions and Torture Techniques" once owed me $15. I went up to the 52nd floor to collect it from him and he told me that he'd have it the next day and to come back then. So the next day, I tried to go up to the 52nd floor, but the elevator buttons no longer had a 52. So I got off on the 51st floor, determined to take the stairs up the last flight. Well, I climbed the stairs and opened the door to exit the stairwell and there was...nothing. They removed the entire floor overnight! There were no walls, no floor, just the demolished remnants of electrical and plumbing and the underside of the 53rd floor. Before I could behold the spectacle in its entirety, a hawk chased me back into the stairwell.

Several months later, I saw that same guy working at McDonalds. I ordered a #1 with fries and coke and told him to use the $15 he owed me to pay the bill. He replied with a smile, pulled out an AK-47 and shot up a bus full of nuns. Over the hail of gunfire, you could hear Ronald McDonald laughing maniacally.
You serious, Clark?

[anyone know the reference?]
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Investor wrote: You serious, Clark?

[anyone know the reference?]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie