Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

guilty
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by guilty »

We have seen this video before - the one where Peter invents a new meaning for 'finality of settlement' - but now........ With added pin badges!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5PQknEb2Y
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

From that video:
Peter wrote:If you need to be wealthy, you need to control the money supply.
These days, suckers who want to write cheques have to get them pre-approved by Peter. So Peter is controlling their money supply. Draw your own conclusion.
guilty

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote: So Peter is controlling their money supply. Draw your own conclusion.
Their MONEY??????? When did real money enter the equation?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

New WeRe bank thread. 20 Re it doesn't last the night.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... WtP1DTF98E
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

wanglepin wrote:New WeRe bank thread. 20 Re it doesn't last the night.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... WtP1DTF98E
I can "varify" the password. "INeeDYouRCasHRetardS".Hope this helps any goofers reading this thread in any way possible to access this banking revolutions abundance of services :sarcasmon:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

daveBeeston wrote:Maybe someone should inform the local constabulary that a meeting is taking place at that pub and that at that meeting a person shall be taking payment for a service that provides dodgy cheques.

It might help put a stop to his schemes.
To add....breathalyse the incoherent intoxicated guru mods spouting waffle to suckers.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Losleones wrote:
daveBeeston wrote:Maybe someone should inform the local constabulary that a meeting is taking place at that pub and that at that meeting a person shall be taking payment for a service that provides dodgy cheques.

It might help put a stop to his schemes.
To add....breathalyse the incoherent intoxicated guru mods spouting waffle to suckers.
Didn't know Guy was going :whistle:
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

The meeting is at 'The Fleece'.

You couldn't make shit like this up.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

IDIOT wrote:The meeting is at 'The Fleece'.

IIRC somebody on the PoE FB page did ask for a meeting in Lancs and they did mention Ashton in Makerfield as a venue.

Now I hope people on Quatloos! show some decorum and do not contact PoE via his FB page as he suggests
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9179700768
and set up bogus meetings in the likes of the "Struggling Monkey" in Hartlepool.......

Perhaps we could go international and wanglepin could set up a meeting in Wang le Pin, that exclusive jet set resort next door to Juan les Pins 8)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Setting up fake meetings in Hartlepool? That's just cruel. I spent a night there a few years ago. The most depressing British town I've been to and I speak as one who has spent a lot of time in Hull.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Burnaby49 wrote:Setting up fake meetings in Hartlepool? That's just cruel. I spent a night there a few years ago. The most depressing British town I've been to and I speak as one who has spent a lot of time in Hull.
Take it you've not visited East Lancs Burnaby? Dear me :thinking:
#six

Post by #six »

slowsmile wrote:

IIRC somebody on the PoE FB page did ask for a meeting in Lancs and they did mention Ashton in Makerfield as a venue.

Now I hope people on Quatloos! show some decorum and do not contact PoE via his FB page as he suggests
and set up bogus meetings in the likes of the "Struggling Monkey" in Hartlepool.......

Perhaps we could go international and wanglepin could set up a meeting in Wang le Pin, that exclusive jet set resort next door to Juan les Pins 8)
Shame there was a recent "meeting" in Nottingham. As I hear the "Vat and Fiddle" in Nottingham is quite a nice pub!
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Losleones wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Setting up fake meetings in Hartlepool? That's just cruel. I spent a night there a few years ago. The most depressing British town I've been to and I speak as one who has spent a lot of time in Hull.
I take that vile ignorant accusation to mean that you have absolutely no idea to whom you are addressing your comment. While I was born and grew up in Vancouver I have spent much of my life in Lancashire and know it well. Very well. Too well. So when I say that Hartlepool is the saddest dump I've been to in Britain I don't speak out of uninformed ignorance, I've had a vast experience in British dumps. Well, to be blunt now that I've been challenged by an uninformed commentator, British shitholes. I've been pubbing in Burnley. And Nelson.

Have you ever been to Nelson? Go and have a drink at the Lord Nelson hotel then mock me about my ignorance about Lancashire. Good luck getting past the thugs congregating around the entrance. I found it a challenge. But then I'm a Canadian so what do I know about local customs?

Some background, My parents met in a private home in Barrowford Lancashire in WWII. He was a private in the Canadian infantry, she was a Yorkshire weaver from Hull. That's why I know a lot about Hull, I've spent a lot of time there too. The home belonged to a relatively affluent aunt and uncle of my mother and, after my brother and I were born in 1949 (hence Burnaby49) they paid for us to go to Barrowford every other summer for years. In those days the trip took a week across Canada on a train and another week on Cunard liners to Liverpool. So, with that amount of travelling time, they were not short trips. We'd spend all summer in Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I started my CAMRA real ale quest with a life-long friend in 2002. Since then we have been pubbing in Britain six times. We've had at least one beer in over 1,000 different pubs and spent a very significant part of our time in Lancashire. We've scoured Lancashire and Yorkshire and have expectations of doing more yet. Our tentative plans for our next trip focus on the north and include Preston and Wigan. Maybe even the Fleece now that I know it is favoured by Peter! Scratch that, no real ale.

So if you want to debate east Lancashire dumps vs Hartlepool go for it! I'm ready to rumble.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Losleones wrote:
I take that vile ignorant accusation to mean that you have absolutely no idea to whom you are addressing your comment. While I was born and grew up in Vancouver I have spent much of my life in Lancashire and know it well. Very well. Too well. So when I say that Hartlepool is the saddest dump I've been to in Britain I don't speak out of uninformed ignorance, I've had a vast experience in British dumps. Well, to be blunt now that I've been challenged by an uninformed commentator, British shitholes. I've been pubbing in Burnley. And Nelson.

Have you ever been to Nelson? Go and have a drink at the Lord Nelson hotel then mock me about my ignorance about Lancashire. Good luck getting past the thugs congregating around the entrance. I found it a challenge. But then I'm a Canadian so what do I know about local customs?

Some background, My parents met in a private home in Barrowford Lancashire in WWII. He was a private in the Canadian infantry, she was a Yorkshire weaver from Hull. That's why I know a lot about Hull, I've spent a lot of time there too. The home belonged to a relatively affluent aunt and uncle of my mother and, after my brother and I were born in 1949 (hence Burnaby49) they paid for us to go to Barrowford every other summer for years. In those days the trip took a week across Canada on a train and another week on Cunard liners to Liverpool. So, with that amount of travelling time, they were not short trips. We'd spend all summer in Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I started my CAMRA real ale quest with a life-long friend in 2002. Since then we have been pubbing in Britain six times. We've had at least one beer in over 1,000 different pubs and spent a very significant part of our time in Lancashire. We've scoured Lancashire and Yorkshire and have expectations of doing more yet. Our tentative plans for our next trip focus on the north and include Preston and Wigan. Maybe even the Fleece now that I know it is favoured by Peter! Scratch that, no real ale.

So if you want to debate east Lancashire dumps vs Hartlepool go for it! I'm ready to rumble.
Wow! I think you got the wrong meaning of my post. My father was born in Nelson & it's particularly grim. I was born in Preston & my advice would be to swerve it as that is the champion of shitholes in NW England which i don't believe has many decent CAMRA ale houses.Sorry for any confusion in my post
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

So Burnaby, as a former CRA employee as well as an expert on interesting parts of Northern England, can you offer any insights on the beauty of Hull vs the City Formerly Known As Hull?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Losleones wrote: Wow! I think you got the wrong meaning of my post. My father was born in Nelson & it's particularly grim. I was born in Preston & my advice would be to swerve it as that is the champion of shitholes in NW England which i don't believe has many decent CAMRA ale houses.Sorry for any confusion in my post
Don't take it personally, Burnaby's posting was possibly the result of some mishap in which he mistook good beer for Molsons. That stuff can do crazy things to Canadians (a bit like the fire water did to Injuns in those mildly racist old timey movies my Dad likes).
Warning may contain traces of nut
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

As well as PoE next weekend, it appears the Fleece is also hosting Michael O'Bonkers later in the month.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1571870029740143/

Is there something in the water in that part of Lancashire?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Perhaps someone could offer to meet Peter at the Fungus Belly Tavern in Slogging-On-The-Mire.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Well, well, well ...PoE has already done the Fleece as recently as 10 May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etrELNU5vkY

although on his FB page he refers to it as "Haydock Park" (which is just down the road).

So he must be a tad short of venues - and I suspect he'll be pretty short of new marks for his "chequebooks".

He must be going back to hear all the success stories :haha:
Last edited by slowsmile on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

As well as PoE next weekend, it appears the Fleece is also hosting Michael O'Bonkers later in the month.
Just, to use text-speak, PMSL on the train to that quip. Excellent Slowsmile.