Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Moderator: Burnaby49

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Post by LordEd »

Too bad. If we knew it specifically said don't move or attend when called I would use it.

It obviously does contain that, but wanted it on undeniable paper.
guilty

Post by guilty »

US takes action on fraudulent crowdfunding:
http://www.gizmag.com/ftc-kickstarter-c ... aud/38008/
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Would anybody care to correct my theory as posted to tpuc?
edofquatloos wrote:Now, on to one of your questions from back on page 23. I have not forgotten.
2) Do you see in the Nolan decision the term ‘or common law sources of authority’? If so can you tell us what those are? Also if so, why do you keep insisting on some statutory definition, or identifiable statutory source, for the public’s ability to preserve and maintain their own peace when that ability is a common law power?
I asked you about common law, so without your definition, I found my own. Its consistent with dictionary definitions as well:
Common law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Common law (also known as case law or precedent) is law developed by judges through decisions of courts and similar tribunals that decide individual cases, as opposed to statutes adopted through the legislative process or regulations issued by the executive branch.
It seems that common law and judge decisions are tied together.

So I bring you to this case: http://canlii.ca/t/1t1pq

A customs officer demanded a breath sample. Under the customs act (Part VI.1), only designated customs officers may enforce criminal offences outside of the customs act.
A customs officer is a “peace officer” for the purposes of the Criminal Code when performing any duty in the administration of the Customs Act (see para. (d) of the definition of “peace officer” in s. 2 of the Criminal Code). In R. v. Harvey (1979), 1979 ABCA 275 (CanLII), 18 A.R. 382 (C.A.), [1979] A.J. No. 626 (QL), the Court defines, at para. 7, the scope of the powers of customs officers as follows:
So this part of the decision generates common law that a peace officer is a peace officer under the context of their duty.

http://canlii.ca/t/6mjh
You will be happy to know that this case clearly states 'employed' not not mean paid.
"In any event should the word 'employed' be found to refer to constable or police constable the fact that the monetary remuneration was coming in the manner described would not affect [the cadet's] status as a peace officer. Employ does not necessarily involve actual monetary compensation although that is admittedly usually the case. See 30 Corpus Juris Secundum, p. 668:
'However, it has also been held that the term may embrace within its scope the idea of voluntary ministration as well as that which is performed under a contract; and that compensation, salary or wages may or may not be implied by the use of the term, and when the term is used in a broad sense it does not denote exclusively the formal relationship of employer and employee.'"
So under common law, the word 'employed' has been interpreted (you will probably be less happy that the common law is extensive in the definition on the word 'person' includes its ordinary meaning).

So to clearly answer the question, the common law source of authority is any authority where the judges has decided is consistent with the law. I identify statutes because as in the cases above, the common law says the source of authority is the duty or act being performed.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

I think Menard is reduced to arguing that it doesn't make any difference that his C3PO idea doesn't past constitutional muster since, in his mind, his C3PO status, badge, official fez and decoder ring are a private matter between him and the one other unknown Canadian who hired him as the J. Edgar Hoover of C3POs.

What Menard doesn't realize is that his whack a mole string of thought has brought him to a spot no self-respecting freeman would be in.

Specifically, J. Edgar Menard and the poor fool he bilked out of a loonie have decided they have the authority to enforce their brand of common law on Canadians who never consented to their lunacy.

Explain that, Bobby.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I was just watching a Menard video from a few years ago. It was taken in a real studio with a bevy of attractive young female reporters respectfully questioning him. He looks like a wreck now compared to those halcyon days and he's down to doing selfie videos in somebody's kitchen.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:I was just watching a Menard video from a few years ago. It was taken in a real studio with a bevy of attractive young female reporters respectfully questioning him.

That interview marked a period of relative sobriety and good grooming. Several months before that he made his infamous Moose Head video in which looked really bad and was drunk. In an interview a few days later he was sober but he looked just awful.
Burnaby49 wrote:He looks like a wreck now compared to those halcyon days and he's down to doing selfie videos in somebody's kitchen.
I suspect his isolation is not doing him any good.

----------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 144 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

[quote="arayder"]
I suspect his isolation is not doing him any good.

Cabin fever?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

No adoring fans and acolytes you mean, or is it suckups? I suspect it also means a shortness of funds and the involuntary periodic detox he must be subjecting himself to can be real rough on the system, and that is what it sounds like to me more than anything else.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
guilty

Post by guilty »

notorial dissent wrote: I suspect it also means a shortness of funds and the involuntary periodic detox he must be subjecting himself to can be real rough on the system, and that is what it sounds like to me more than anything else.
Mr Mitee appears to have purchased himself a gimbal set-up for his camera. I wonder where those funds came from - surely not from his C3PO crowdfunding?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
notorial dissent

You're assuming he actually bought it???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

guilty wrote:
notorial dissent wrote: I suspect it also means a shortness of funds and the involuntary periodic detox he must be subjecting himself to can be real rough on the system, and that is what it sounds like to me more than anything else.
Mr Mitee appears to have purchased himself a gimbal set-up for his camera. I wonder where those funds came from - surely not from his C3PO crowdfunding?
Or Menard could be using the proceeds from the failed ACCP effort, which generated around $200 per dupe in non-refundable membership fees.

The finance guy for the ACCP is the same guy who's handling the funds for the C3PO gofundme drive, Wilfred Leger, of Quebec.

My guess is that Wilfred is getting a cut of Bobby's action and may well be providing him with his hideout.

-----------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 144 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

arayder

My guess is that Wilfred is getting a cut of Bobby's action and may well be providing him with his hideout.
If so it's slim pickings. I'm assuming that the ACCP is dead and Rob hasn't had a GoFundMe donation in 11 days. It's three weeks today since he started begging for cash and he has a grand total of $728. Most of that might well be faked. That's not going to go far to meet the rent.

Tomorrow it will be two weeks since he posted his last video although I assume he has little else to do. He seems stalled.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:
arayder
If so it's slim pickings. I'm assuming that the ACCP is dead and Rob hasn't had a GoFundMe donation in 11 days. It's three weeks today since he started begging for cash and he has a grand total of $728. Most of that might well be faked. That's not going to go far to meet the rent.

Tomorrow it will be two weeks since he posted his last video although I assume he has little else to do. He seems stalled.
This could get interesting. Bobby has a way of wearing out his welcome wherever he goes.

Unless Robert of the Family Dirt has changed his ways his filth and demanding ways are eventually going to wear poor Wilfred out.

With no skills, daddy's money likely gone down the toilet, an awful reputation and restricted access to family who live in Ontario Bobby's options and prospects are growing more limited with each passing day.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Which reminds me, all the ACCP videos appear to have been deleted.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:Which reminds me, all the ACCP videos appear to have been deleted.
Here you go;

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/tgh1q395 ... 80_MP4.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/dv7a8n1y ... 80_MP4.mp4

notorial dissent

arayder wrote:This could get interesting. Bobby has a way of wearing out his welcome wherever he goes.
You do have a thing for understatement don't you??
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The question at hand is the status of the ACCP and funds that went toward its development.

Menard may claim that this is a private matter. But I contend that as soon as he opened subscriptions to the public he began using fraud and mischief in his contracts. By the standards of freeman thought doing so breaks the law.

Specifically, I don't think Menard had any real intention of completing the project. On several occasions during "the pitch" of the ACCP Menard talked about getting the effort under way by gaining the cooperation of merchants, banks and regulatory agencies.

There is no documentation that Menard or Wilfred Leger did anything to advance the project, or did anything at all to gain the cooperation of the three groups above.

I would entertain any posts or private messages detailing what steps ACCP subscribers might take to hold Menard and Leger to account.

----------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 145 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
slowlyslowly
Swabby
Swabby

Post by slowlyslowly »

Burnaby49 wrote:I was just watching a Menard video from a few years ago. It was taken in a real studio with a bevy of attractive young female reporters respectfully questioning him. He looks like a wreck now compared to those halcyon days and he's down to doing selfie videos in somebody's kitchen.

He will be dead soon, his decline has been rapid of late, he looks like a chronic alcoholic, hes likely blown all the money he got from his dad and is now downing lighter fluid no doubt.

No one will care, not even his immediate family who I will wager see him as an embarrassment.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

slowlyslowly wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:I was just watching a Menard video from a few years ago. It was taken in a real studio with a bevy of attractive young female reporters respectfully questioning him. He looks like a wreck now compared to those halcyon days and he's down to doing selfie videos in somebody's kitchen.

He will be dead soon, his decline has been rapid of late, he looks like a chronic alcoholic, hes likely blown all the money he got from his dad and is now downing lighter fluid no doubt.

No one will care, not even his immediate family who I will wager see him as an embarrassment.
Yeah, here he is in all his drunken glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHUaJ85Q2yI This may be a recent video since in it Bobby is spouting his latest version of C3PO theory in which he says any other Canadian can hire him as a C3PO. If it is recent it would seem Bobby got out of the basement and found a sympathetic venue for yet another restart of his comedy career.

He's not funny. He makes me cringe and want never to pick up another bourbon and soda as long as I live.

The video was posted by Steve Bates a former Menard supporter who has turned against Menard in the last several months. So it may be an older video of Bobby made during their bromance. Or somebody in Bobby's new crowd having had enough of his drunken, filthy ways turned a copy of the video over to Bates knowing full well he'd post it to discredit Bobby.

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 157 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Bull-baiting

You may remember this blood sport from centuries past.

I would suggest that Quatloos reinstate this form of entertainment.

I recommend Scott Duncan be chained by the leg to a stake in a pit and Menard, Johnson, Clifford and others be thrown into said pit and we should then watch them throw liens at one another, hefty fee schedules and the odd notices of mistake.

It would be horrid and funny at the same time.....