Brown arrests, continued

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: More lunacy from Fort Fairfield Journal

Post by Dezcad »

The Operative wrote:Presented for everyone's amusement. :lol:

Fort Fairfield Journal article on arrests
I liked this line:
.......the Internal Revenue Code, found at Title 27 of the U.S. Code ......
When did the IRC get moved?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Concord Monitor wrote: "The FEDS know that rules of engagement and have known since 1995," says the message, signed by "Sir David-Andrew, Brigade Commander." "If they arrest a militia commander, it will be consider an act of WAR. They have, once again crossed the line."
I'm warning you, you'd better not cross that line! Ok, but you'd better not cross *this* line!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:Listening to the archive of today's rasdio show. Elaine is very upset because someone stole the cardboard sign at the bottom of the driveway that told people about the 9/15 concert. She wanted to make it very clear that stealing such signs would be theft and criminal trespass. :roll:
And I wonder just how she plans on enforcing those laws (which shouldn't pertain to anyone but citizens of Guam, right?) :lol:
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
grixit

Post by grixit »

RyanMcC wrote:
Quixote wrote:And so begins the War on Blowhards.
Bill O'Reily, Lou Dobbs, Chris Matthews, Tucker Carlson, and other unnamed television pundits have been arrested by US Marshalls today. These arrests are the second round in a series of arrests relating to the US Government's 'War on Blowhards'. Charges range from disturbing the peace to being a public nusance.

Bill O'Reily could be overheard blaming the liberal media and mumbling about a vast left wing conspiracy. Tucker Carlson was found trying to hang himself with his bowtie. Chris Matthews was still conducting an interview with his guest seemingly unaware of what was going on. Lou Dobbs blamed illegal immigration and CAFTA for the whole mess.
The biggest problem with some of these people is they take legitimate issues and turn the indignation meter up to 11. There's no sense of proprtion. Child molesters, illegal workers, contaminated food, and people who talk during movies are all treated as equally apocalyptic.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

silversopp wrote:These reports sure like to focus on the guns. If the guns were legally owned and registered, what's the problem with owning a gun? (Other than the ones bought for the Browns).

Seems like the media wants to give the impression that gun owners are naturally dangerous and crazy.
Just to clear up a misconception. Most states (and definitely the Federal Government) do not have any requirement to "register" firearms. The right to possess firearms may be prohibited to certain people (such as convicted felons).

Guns frequently make nice press, particularly when the guns are evil black rifles. However, in this case, the fact that these people have supported the Browns in their threats to engage in an violent standoff with the .gov makes them relevant to the story.

Evil Black Rifle owners really hate being associated with these sort of nut cases.
grixit

Re: Brown arrests, continued

Post by grixit »

All four men were arrested Wednesday in various states after a federal grand jury in Concord returned indictments earlier that day on charges ranging from the supplying the fugitive couple with food, weapons and armed security to conducting counter-surveillance of federal agents.
Not just food, food for eating.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

grixit wrote:The biggest problem with some of these people is they take legitimate issues and turn the indignation meter up to 11. There's no sense of proprtion. Child molesters, illegal workers, contaminated food, and people who talk during movies are all treated as equally apocalyptic.
That reminds me of a line from a canceled T.V. show "Firefly".

Shepherd Book: "If you take sexual advantage of that girl, you will burn in a very special level of hell. A level reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Brown arrests, continued

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:Not just food, food for eating.
Well, it could have been fresh fruit that was delivered to the Browns and I doubt that the US Marshal's office has been trained in Self-Defence From Fresh Fruit.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Video: http://mfile.akamai.com/12878/wmv/vod.i ... 1.200k.asx

Standoff With Browns Forces Changes In Plainfield
School Bus No Longer Travels Up Browns' Road

POSTED: 6:02 pm EDT September 14, 2007

PLAINFIELD, N.H. -- Plainfield residents said that the months-long showdown between law enforcement and a couple convicted of tax evasion is forcing changes in the town.

The school routine has changed this year, thanks to Ed and Elaine Brown, residents said. A bus no longer travels up Center State Road, where the Browns live, holed up in their home with their supporters, who police said could be dangerous.

The bus now picks up students at the bottom of the hill. Parents said that it wasn't worth the risk to keep the route the same.

"You never know who you're going to meet on the road," parent Paula Wehde said. "Is it going to be a fed? Is it going to be a supporter? You just don't know."

While many Plainfield residents said they do their best to keep their distance, the Browns are planning a third party for their supporters. A BYOB jamboree has been publicized on several Web sites.

Police said one cruiser with two officers will keep watch on the road leading to the Browns during the concert.

"There are officers assigned to the road to make sure the road stays open, so fire and ambulance crews can get through to the neighbors," Chief Gordon Gillens said.

Officials said they hope the recent arrest of four of the Browns' supporters will make others think twice about lending aid.

"People know that they're now at risk of being arrested if they're seen as helping Ed and Elaine," Plainfield Town Administrator Stephen Halleran said. "I think that's a positive development."

Gillens said that it has been a difficult summer for him and other law enforcement officials who have been publicly threatened by Ed Brown and his supporters. He said that it's his duty to keep everyone in the town safe, including the Browns.

"We've made no indication that we want to harm him or his people, and yet they're constantly threatening us and our families," Gillens said.

The concert, planned for Saturday is called Live Free Or Die 3: the Fall Freedomfest. Web sites advertising the event said that it's open to all, but police are discouraging anyone from attending.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Tax protest suspect trained as combat engineer

BY ROBERT E. KESSLER | robert.kessler@newsday.com

6:19 PM EDT, September 14, 2007

A Brookhaven man, on whose property federal agents found a pipe bomb and three rifles after he was indicted for aiding tax protesters, had recently enlisted in the U.S. Army to become a combat engineer, according to a source familiar with the case.

Combat engineers specialize in the use of explosives.

The man, Jason Gerhard, 22, who was arrested Wednesday while at basic training at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri, faces a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison if convicted of conspiracy to prevent federal marshals from arresting two New Hampshire tax protesters and supplying weapons to the couple.

The two protestors, Edward and Elaine Brown, who claim the federal income tax is illegal, have fortified themselves for the past nine months within their 100-acre property in rural Plainfield, N.H. They said they would use violence to prevent their arrest. The Browns were convicted in January of evading federal income tax on almost $2 million.

A search of the sprawling Brookhaven property on which Gerhard lives starting late Wednesday by federal agents and members of the Suffolk Police bomb squad did not turn up any further explosives and has been completed, Tim Hogan, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service in Brooklyn, said yesterday.

Gerhard is being taken by marshals to New Hampshire to be arraigned on the conspiracy and weapons charges, including the supplying of at least five rifles to the Browns, according to an indictment. Two of the rifles are capable of piercing armor plate.

An attorney for Gerhard could not be reached.
Demo.
rachel

Post by rachel »

Demosthenes wrote:Tax protest suspect trained as combat engineer

BY ROBERT E. KESSLER | robert.kessler@newsday.com

6:19 PM EDT, September 14, 2007

A Brookhaven man, on whose property federal agents found a pipe bomb and three rifles after he was indicted for aiding tax protesters, had recently enlisted in the U.S. Army to become a combat engineer, according to a source familiar with the case.

Combat engineers specialize in the use of explosives.

The man, Jason Gerhard, 22, who was arrested Wednesday while at basic training at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri, faces a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison if convicted of conspiracy to prevent federal marshals from arresting two New Hampshire tax protesters and supplying weapons to the couple.

The two protestors, Edward and Elaine Brown, who claim the federal income tax is illegal, have fortified themselves for the past nine months within their 100-acre property in rural Plainfield, N.H. They said they would use violence to prevent their arrest. The Browns were convicted in January of evading federal income tax on almost $2 million.

A search of the sprawling Brookhaven property on which Gerhard lives starting late Wednesday by federal agents and members of the Suffolk Police bomb squad did not turn up any further explosives and has been completed, Tim Hogan, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service in Brooklyn, said yesterday.

Gerhard is being taken by marshals to New Hampshire to be arraigned on the conspiracy and weapons charges, including the supplying of at least five rifles to the Browns, according to an indictment. Two of the rifles are capable of piercing armor plate.

An attorney for Gerhard could not be reached.
Its funny how the government plays the media to scare frenzy the public into thinking that Gerhard is a bad guy by supplying a gun thats capable of armor piercing!
Thats simply a false statement.
Its the ammo thats capable of armor piercing, not the gun!
A simple little 410 shot gun or a .223 are capable of armor piercing as well. So can a sling shot for that matter!
A broadhead tipped arrow from a bow will penetrate a bullet proof cevlar vest with very little resistence.
And furthermore, theres no mention of Gerhard supplying the Browns with the actual concern of armor piercing ammo.
And you people have the nerve to talk about TP's drinking the cool-aid?
You're being played and didnt even realize it!
Last edited by rachel on Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

rachel wrote:Thats simply a false statement.
I'm picturing Rachel throwing a large caliber bullet just as hard as she can, yelling, "Guns don't kill people, bullets do. Take that you evil fed. Your armor can't withstand the force of my wickedly fast thrown big bullet."

:roll:
Demo.
rachel

Post by rachel »

Demosthenes wrote:
rachel wrote:Thats simply a false statement.
I'm picturing Rachel throwing a large caliber bullet just as hard as she can, yelling, "Guns don't kill people, bullets do. Take that you evil fed. Your armor can't withstand the force of my wickedly fast thrown big bullet."

:roll:
From judging your post you probably thought that by throwing an "armor peircing gun" the gun itself would magically penetrate 3in thick plate!
lol.....
What ever!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I wanna see the slingshot that is capable of not only launching armor piercing bullets, but launching it at the necessary velocity to make the projectile pierce armor.

Or maybe I'll just submit it to Mythbusters. They like playing with guns.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
rachel

Post by rachel »

webhick wrote:I wanna see the slingshot that is capable of not only launching armor piercing bullets, but launching it at the necessary velocity to make the projectile pierce armor.

Armor piercing bullets dont look any different from the non armor piercing bullets.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

rachel wrote:
webhick wrote:I wanna see the slingshot that is capable of not only launching armor piercing bullets, but launching it at the necessary velocity to make the projectile pierce armor.

Armor piercing bullets dont look any different from the non armor piercing bullets.
You said a slingshot could pierce armor. I want to see the slingshot that can fire armor piercing bullets effectively. Who cares what the bullets look like.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
rachel

Post by rachel »

webhick wrote:
rachel wrote:

You said a slingshot could pierce armor. I want to see the slingshot that can fire armor piercing bullets effectively. Who cares what the bullets look like.
Wow! What a retard.
No demonstrated ability to think reasonably.
Hahaha...what creditability!
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

webhick wrote: You said a slingshot could pierce armor. I want to see the slingshot that can fire armor piercing bullets effectively. Who cares what the bullets look like.

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?na ... &sid=10234

Okay, it doesn't technically exist..
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

rachel wrote:

Actually, they do.

Target bullets are blunt, almost square on the ends with relatively sharp edges to cut the paper cleanly and make a definite hole.

Normal hunting bullets are, to some degree, hollow-pointed so they expand (or mushroom) inside the target. This causes much more internal damage.

Military bullets are steel-jacketed so they do NOT expand on entry. That's one of the rules of war.

Armor-piercing bullets are hardened and extremely sharp-tipped. Sometinmes they have a Teflon jacket so they can slide through Kelvar more easily. Often, they have a plastic wrapping which they shred on firing so there's just a very slim bullet.

Most of the top-of-the-line armor piercing ammunition requires a special license to buy or to own. Police forces, for some strange reason, dislike the idea of the genreal public using ammunition which can go through their car doors and their protective vests like they were paper.
rachel

Post by rachel »

webhick wrote:
rachel wrote:

For starters since you are to stupid to see what was right in front of your eyes.
I mentioned a bow (slingshot) with a broadhead tipped arrow.

In my field of work we use brittal ceramic sissors that shatter very easily if you are not careful to cut the cevlar strength membrane (same material used in armored vests) of the cable like its paper when terminating/splicing fiber-optics.
Last edited by rachel on Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.