Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by littleFred »

I was thinking of a John Bull printing set. If Peter gets cheques unbound, perhaps he can feed them to a laser printer.

[EDIT: I retract what I said below about posts being deleted. I was mistaken. It turns out that there were two threads, with the same title, started at the same time, with the same first post. I read one thread then, at a later date, read the other thread, thinking it was the same thread I had read previously, after most posts had been removed and new posts had been added.

My apologies for my mistake. In feeble mitigation, I plead that WeRe forum moderator should have merged the two threads.]

The WeRe Bank private forum currently has 325 members. I expect a slow trickle of new members, and old members who get bored won't bother de-registering, so the total membership will keep increasing, slowly.

As far as I can see, only one member (in Australia) has expressed interest in exchanging labour for Re units. For the rest, the forum is a place to express frustration that the admin is totally hopeless, and what do we do when cheques bounce.

To my surprise, many posts have been deleted. Perhaps by the posters themselves. If someone has a problem, and they post about it, and Peter solves it, perhaps they simply delete the post. Maybe. Or Peter "solves" the problem by deleting the post.

As of a couple of days ago, a thread named "Promissory Note" looked like this:
160759PS wrote:I guess I may have been one of the few who signed up in the first batch of accounts, I have a cheque book with 50 cheques I signed and sent a Promissory note to Manchester and also made a payment for my account via Paypal, but Now I cant see any of this and want to know if the initial £10 will be credited to my new account and do I need to send a new Promissory note?
301156JM wrote:Hi - It appears crutial Admin duties & basic response communications are suffering delays of 'success'...
I have hardly received any direct contact by any means & am still awaiting cheques & my PM to be scanned into my account. .. and the balance to be indicated.
Patience is the term I constantly hear.... While the 'squeaky wheel', (or those assoviated to certain groups) do appear to get the oil ! !!
Steve Mac UK
020859DS wrote:Hi PS

I also was one of the first to sign up this year.

Did you add your Prom note to your werebank account? I didnt have to do this myself as it was done for me, it depends when you joined, others have to do it themselves, the instructions are on the site i believe.
On the ledger the £10 shows on the right hand side as Re and it should say 40 Re as its around double.

Your original prommisorry note should suffice, as mine has.
hopefully you sent it via recorded delivery so you have confirmation it was received..
People seem to have to wait a little longer for things to settle in if they engaged near the paypal hijack for obvious reasons.

Hope it all sorts itself out soon

Moi_33

Let the Victories continue
181057AS aka Peter Smith wrote:A brief history of banknotes
TEN SHILLINGS

The first recorded use of paper money was in the 7th century in China. [... many more paragraphs ...] The last private bank notes in England and Wales were issued by the Somerset bank, Fox, Fowler and Co in 1921.
160265SG wrote:I was also one of the early members ;)

ref: "Did you add your Prom note to your were bank account? I didnt have to do this myself as it was done for me, it depends when you joined"

Unfortunately when my WeRe account was set up the Prom Note was not listed :!:

I had sent an email to Peter sometime ago now asking if the Prom Note had been received, he confirmed it had been!!!!

I have now had to add the Prom Note to my account as a "loan" but it is still pending .................... how can it be pens=ding if it was confirmed weeks ago it had been received?
020859DS wrote:My guess is it needs a 'body' to actualise it, it will all come together.. to me its incedible what has been accomplished with so few in such a short time :mrgreen:
So Peter's response (now vanished) was an irrelevant copy-pasta about banknotes. Other posters ignored his post. Perhaps they didn't realise who wrote it. Now, all the posts apart from the first have vanished, but there are a couple of new posts with the same problems. Until they also get deleted.

In other threads, a number of members offer to help Peter with admin. There is no response.

Draw your own conclusions. I would say that Peter doesn't have the organisational skills to run even this fairly simple business venture. True, it isn't helped by having his banking facilities stripped away, but he seems incapable of keeping tabs on who has paid what, and keeping his customers happy. Worse still, he buries his incompetence by deleting posts.

I expect his upcoming talks will reveal more head-in-the-cloud ideas, and the audience will applaud while ignoring the inconvenient truth that he can't deliver even a basic service like: "Send me a promissory note and I will credit it to your account."

(I wouldn't condemn anyone for having wacky ideas but no ability to implement them. But someone of Peter's age should not pretend he can do things that he can't.)
Last edited by littleFred on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

What's revealing here is the level of dissatisfaction from those who have signed up, all of this is only just being kept from boiling over into the main forums.

It's the dying days as those who opted in are now already feeling conned but are using there unity to temporarily hold on to the false belief.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Prehaps it also isn't a good idea to have a forum where people use their account number as their ID. I would wonder what would happen if some unscrupulous WeRe member used someone elses account number on thier own check.

But these are all honest and forthright people right? They would never try to game the system...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

What would be funny is if the WeRe bank gets it's assets frozen by the powers that be with fine's levied against it and all those who've written ridiculous Prom Notes supporting this deluded mess are forced to come good on their PN's with REal money.
'Putin's left hand man'
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

AiusLocutius wrote:What's revealing here is the level of dissatisfaction from those who have signed up, all of this is only just being kept from boiling over into the main forums.

It's the dying days as those who opted in are now already feeling conned but are using there unity to temporarily hold on to the false belief.
I think that dissatisfaction might rise to new levels once the CCJs and possession orders start being issued against Peter's customers.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

NYGman wrote:Prehaps it also isn't a good idea to have a forum where people use their account number as their ID. I would wonder what would happen if some unscrupulous WeRe member used someone elses account number on thier own check.
In theory, cheques have unique numbers, and Peter knows which member has what numbers. The process of "clearing" includes him checking that the cheque number has been allocated to that member. So a member putting someone else's membership number on the cheque would result in Peter dishonouring the cheque (ie he wouldn't even debit the account). Of course, he dishonours it anyway (he doesn't actually pay it), so there is no practical difference.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Wait I think I missed something about the mechanics of this. John Doe writes a Were check to the council and mails it off, how does Peter know how much the check was for or that it was even written to write it off as cleared over on the website?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Jeffrey wrote:Wait I think I missed something about the mechanics of this. John Doe writes a Were check to the council and mails it off, how does Peter know how much the check was for or that it was even written to write it off as cleared over on the website?
If I understand the current rules the WeRe bank has to give the ReMember prior approval before they write out their worthless cheque. Just like real banks don't.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Jeffrey wrote:Wait I think I missed something about the mechanics of this. John Doe writes a Were check to the council and mails it off, how does Peter know how much the check was for or that it was even written to write it off as cleared over on the website?
It's all here in the user guide, you have to have the cheque pre-approved before you send it so it's deducted (paid, according to PoE) from your WeRe account before you've even sent it off!!

https://www.werebank.com/issues/upload/kb/faq.php?id=47
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

mufc1959 wrote:
AiusLocutius wrote:What's revealing here is the level of dissatisfaction from those who have signed up, all of this is only just being kept from boiling over into the main forums.

I think that dissatisfaction might rise to new levels once the CCJs and possession orders start being issued against Peter's customers.
Absolutely, we are witnessing the melt down live.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

This is becoming increasingly laughable with each post on goofy & WeRe forum It's clearly only a matter of time before our " hello there everybody" Peter is under lock & key & hopefully the promoters & all its members also. They all deserve to serve a term as they are common thieves. These freetards will only pay for a service in sterling if the result is that they will be better off financially even though they are committing fraud. How simple are these brainwashed idiots in parting with real money whilst maintaining the false belief a counterfeit cheque will magically clear their debts? The only service ( in the warped mind of Peter) that should accept sterling is Peter's fantasy bank via brown envelopes at meeting's designed to scam numbskulls. Wakey Wakey goofers!!!!1!!!! :brickwall:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Interestingly ...

£10 per month – Subscription to Re-Movement.

WeRe Bank is FREE to use for all Re-Movement members.
There is an one off setting up charge of £25
Your first payment will therefore need to be £35, thereafter £10.
These costs will be converted to Re and credited to your account 1:2.

Unfortunately the only current method of payment is via secure Special Delivery Post, which will ensure your item is tracked and insured.

The cost of this can be credited to your account.
You can pay up to 12months subscription to reduce costs.

Until further notice please send payments to along with your signed promissory note to;

WeRE Bank, 83 Ducie Street, Manchester. M1 2JQ

There's nothing to say you have to send cash. I wonder how many people will send cheques from their real banks to WeRe Bank? After all, if Peter says payees have to accept WeRe cheques, how can Peter possibly refuse a cheque drawn on an account which has actual money in it?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Because Petey boy's bent Bank convienently does not accept cheques. His revolutionary Bank is totally unique in that it doesn't accept cheques, issue debit/credit cards & all the rest of the services a normal bank offers, clear funds (sterling), register with the BoE, have a licence & ermmm ........work!!!!1!!!! :naughty:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

mufc1959 wrote:Interestingly ...

£10 per month – Subscription to Re-Movement.

WeRe Bank is FREE to use for all Re-Movement members.
There is an one off setting up charge of £25
Your first payment will therefore need to be £35, thereafter £10.
These costs will be converted to Re and credited to your account 1:2.

Unfortunately the only current method of payment is via secure Special Delivery Post, which will ensure your item is tracked and insured.

The cost of this can be credited to your account.
You can pay up to 12months subscription to reduce costs.

Until further notice please send payments to along with your signed promissory note to;

WeRE Bank, 83 Ducie Street, Manchester. M1 2JQ

There's nothing to say you have to send cash. I wonder how many people will send cheques from their real banks to WeRe Bank? After all, if Peter says payees have to accept WeRe cheques, how can Peter possibly refuse a cheque drawn on an account which has actual money in it?
Why shoould Peter accept a check from a FAKE bank, afterall, are not all banks Frauds to Peter? Except WeRe that is...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

I do wonder if Roger "the Dodger" Hayes has been paying close attention to the storming success that is WeRe Bank.
Should serve as a good model for how not to do it when it comes to his bank, which it is...but isn't, but he is involved with really but he isn't.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AiusLocutius wrote:
mufc1959 wrote:
AiusLocutius wrote:It's the dying days as those who opted in are now already feeling conned but are using there unity to temporarily hold on to the false belief.
Absolutely, we are witnessing the melt down live.
Well, not quite. LittleFred's edited highlights are very good, but I wish I could watch the whole game. Hopefully as the weremugs start to realise they've been scammed, they'll come back into public forums to air their grievances.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

From what I can gather John Doe is expected to go onto the WeRe bank website and update his account with the amount of the cheque, which deducts it from a total stored on the computer. It would be very simple to code up something that does this automatically and wouldn't be at all taxing on a server or if it was run client side.

This would strike me as being the only way in which, as was reported earlier in this thread, that a person could or would see a deduction being applied to their account before it had been received.

The beauty of this is that Peter doesn't have to DO anything.
Warning may contain traces of nut
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

AiusLocutius wrote:I do wonder if Roger "the Dodger" Hayes has been paying close attention to the storming success that is WeRe Bank.
Should serve as a good model for how not to do it when it comes to his bank, which it is...but isn't, but he is involved with really but he isn't.
I would think that bankrupt Roger is sitting their full up with the green eyed monster about how WeRe bank has stolen his idea, fleeced his marks on the back of some other nutjob spouting even crazier woo. I do wonder if Roger will make a play when WeRe collapses to try and get the suckers to join his lawful bank and get their hands on some RogerDollars!
Warning may contain traces of nut
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Well, not quite.... Hopefully as the weremugs start to realise they've been scammed, they'll come back into public forums to air their grievances.
Doubtful since that would entail admitting the 'shills' were right all along.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Would be interesting to get in touch with Hayes, I too suspect he craves a cut of the £10 subscription fees.