UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

#six
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by #six »

Origen wrote:Just read a article on the evening post's website which states.
Police said a 64-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and a breach of the peace.

Two people were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, another for a breach of the peace and a fourth for a racially aggravated public order offence.

All remained in custody last night.
also fount this video which might have already been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.westbury. ... 092748468/
I'm watching all of these videos and I can say I'm very impressed with the restraint and professionalism of the police.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

#six wrote:
Origen wrote:Just read a article on the evening post's website which states.
Police said a 64-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and a breach of the peace.

Two people were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, another for a breach of the peace and a fourth for a racially aggravated public order offence.

All remained in custody last night.
also fount this video which might have already been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.westbury. ... 092748468/
I'm watching all of these videos and I can say I'm very impressed with the restraint and professionalism of the police.
Good..... he has his bed for the night, hopefully a trip in a private prison van to Magistrates Court in the morning. Gets to court in the afternoon......that'll do nicely! :snicker:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Jeffrey wrote:Think I've solved one of the arrests:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVWAb7kR3U
Woman spit on a cop and got arrested for it.
She was visible throughout as a nasty and abusive participant, the arrest was well-deserved.
#six wrote:I'm watching all of these videos and I can say I'm very impressed with the restraint and professionalism of the police.
Absolutely, they handled it very well. Big props to the Leicestershire Police. Didn't get the public order vans in (I assume they were nearby), and didn't draw batons or PAVA. No sign of tasers or firearms on the ground. Excellent use of a stolid, unflappable "Wall of Constables".

Actually a bit too restrained, if anything. I think they might've done better to pluck out 5-10 of the more abusive or aggressive 'ringleaders' earlier. Towards the end the mob was starting to think they could take liberties.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

To be fair, there was one shove that was probably excessive by the cops. Lest we be accused of bias.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

vampireLOREN wrote:[
Good..... he has his bed for the night, hopefully a trip in a private prison van to Magistrates Court in the morning. Gets to court in the afternoon......that'll do nicely! :snicker:
Given that Tom is homeless now, would that pose difficulty for him in getting bail? He might have a home for more than just the one night. Well done Tom!
Warning may contain traces of nut
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

vampireLOREN wrote: Good..... he has his bed for the night, hopefully a trip in a private prison van to Magistrates Court in the morning. Gets to court in the afternoon......that'll do nicely! :snicker:
No need for a van it's simply a 2m walk, the main custody suite in Nottingham is directly connected to the Magistrates, he should be out and giving a press conference about this latest misjustice by 11-11:30am at the latest unless he decides to act up and delay the process.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Tml69
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Tml69 »

I'm loath to either praise or criticse the police given I've only seen selected extracts of footage somewhat out of context.

What I can say though is given the tone of the crowd I think the police could have made many more arrests and I suspect they were briefed only to make arrests as a last resort.

I'm pleased to see there were no TASERS, batons or CS gas on display let alone used and that the police were not in riot gear.

As for Tom I'm never happy to see anyone evicted regardless of the circumstances. It's impossible to judge Tom's level of complicity in his own demise. What we do know for sure from the Court judgment is that he was given disastrously poor advice by Goodf and associates.

If we work on the basis him and his family can't afford to pay off the arrears and capital (although they claim they can) he could have arranged a much better solution by downsizing around the time of the first order for possession or indeed vacating the premises peacefully without the need for an eviction.

As it stands he is going to have a huge sum of costs added to the debt. Costs which would have escalated with every eviction attempt and his appeals. He'll also be paying interest on the capital and the costs all of which will be deducted from any equity he gets back.

Further the property will be sold at auction with steel blinds bolted to the windows, utilities disconnected and drained and will never raise as much as if he had sold it or the bank had sold it via estate agents. Everything him and his supporters has done has cost him money and dignity and he has still been evicted.
Last edited by Tml69 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#six

Post by #six »

Apologies if already posted. his is a video of Tom Crawford, from another angle, almost mowing down the row of police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5BvJ1KKbzE

And then he has the audacity to accuse the the Police Officer of assaulting him after he nearly ran the lot of them down. At the very least he could be charged with dangerous driving. I think the police handled themselves very well considering their lives had been put in danger through his recklessness
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Tml69 wrote:I'm loath to either praise or criticse the police given I've only seen selected extracts of footage somewhat out of context.

What I can say though is given the tone of the crowd I think the police could have made many more arrests and I suspect they were briefed only to make arrests as a last resort.

I'm pleased to see there were no TASERS, batons or CS gas on display let alone used and that the police were not in riot gear.

As for Tom I'm never happy to see anyone evicted regardless of the circumstances. It's impossible to judge Tom's level of complicity in his own demise. What we do know for sure from the Court judgment is that he was given disastrously poor advice by Goodf and associates.

If we work on the basis him and his family can't afford to pay off the arrears and capital (although they claim they can) he could have arranged a much better solution by downsizing around the time of the first order for possession or indeed vacating the premises peacefully without the need for an eviction.

As it stands he is going to have a huge sum of costs added to the debt. Costs which would have escalated with every eviction attempt and his appeals. He'll also be paying interest on the capital and the costs all of which will be deducted from any equity he gets back.

Further the property will be sold at auction with steel blinds bolted to the windows, utilities disconnected and drained and will never raise as much as if he had sold it or the bank had sold it via estate agents. Everything him and his supporters has done has cost him money and dignity and he has still been evicted.
I thought the police were very low-key, no helmets even.

We know, because Tom said (in the judgment somewhere, I think) that he could afford to pay the monthly repayment plus £30. So, unless he was telling another one of his famous lies, the only reason he didn't is because he chose not to.

Sad as it is that he's lost his house and probably all the equity in it plus is quite likely to come out still owing money, he has no one to blame but himself. He's a grown up, he's not mentally deficient, he just got suckered into believing he could get out of paying back his mortgage. A little greed goes a long way towards ensuring ruin.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

For those of you with yearnings to continue posting here;

UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10330

Forget it, I've locked the topic. Now that Crawford is evicted there is no need to keep the old discussion going and having two discussion running on exactly the same issue was just confusing.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hmm, top rated comment on the old Nottingham Post website.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... story.html

Maybe some sanity remains in the world.

Profile image for YiamCross
YiamCross | Thursday, July 2 2015, 9:58PM
Tom Crawford cashed in his endowment years ago. B&B offered to change him to a repayment mortgage when they realised he had no policy in force to pay it off. The courts gave him several chances to stay in his house, all he had to to was make his regular mortgage payments, but he refused. Anyone interested in the facts of this case need only refer to the recent judgment against Mr Crawford. Sadly the mob is not interested in facts and it's the taxpayer who has to pick up the bill for the selfish and greedy acts of one man. Having cancer does not excuse anyone from willfully making themselves homeless through a dishonest attempt to evade their debt.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... z3emnrFeXA
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Only made 18th in the Daily Mail mashup, I put that down to being a late poster and not blaming immigrants in some way.

Yiam Cross, London, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago
He was given every opportunity to prevent this, the courts bent over backwards to let him keep his house. He chose to go down another route in the misconceived hope that he could get out of repaying his mortgage. On two previous occasions he has called a rent-a-mob to keep the bailiffs out and the police have a duty to protect those who have a job to do no matter how unpopular it is. These protesters are there because they've been lied to and are wasting their sympathies on someone who doesn't deserve it. All the facts are in the judgement for anyone who really cares enough about the facts to read it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3empwz5j6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The GOODFers strike me has having bad cases of the "victim mentality" by which they habitually think of themselves as the victims of the negative actions of others, even when that is clearly not the case.

The GOODFer's desire for sympathy (the sole reason for the videos) is central to their thinking since in order to be victims they must perceive the harm as undeserved, unjust, immoral and something they could not have prevented. The GOODFers believe their invented harm constitutes an injustice that violates their rights.

But the reality is that in the videos of them acting out at Tom's eviction we can clearly see that they invented instances of "harm" so as to have something to film. They have been doing this for years and the GOODFer who can best invent an injustice gets a pat on the back from his/her fellow victims.

We can see that despite having spat on the police, endlessly shouted threats and, in Crawfords' case, nearly running down several police officers they believe they were not in any way responsible for the what happened at the eviction and were under no obligation to keep the peace.

They are whiners.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

The first 12 minutes of yesterday's edition of UK Column accuses the police of "assisting the criminal action of the bailiffs". Brian Gerrish talks to Mike West about Tom Crawford, saying the police are acting beyond their authority. They seem entirely ignorant of the Courts Act 2003 sch 7 para 5:
It is the duty of every constable, at the request of—

(a)an enforcement officer, or

(b)a person acting under the officer’s authority,

to assist the officer or that person in the execution of a writ or warrant.
They claim Tom hadn't received an eviction notice. Oh, yes, he has. Guy Taylor, sitting next to Tom, showed it in The JUDGEMENT EXPLAINED!!!!!!!!! at 16m 25s.

Mike West made an earlier solo whinge to camera in the video Tom Crawford - Police State - Help Expose Police Corruption, covering the same ground.

Aren't there enough real things in the world to complain about? Why do Brian and Mike invent things that are untrue to complain about? Perhaps arayder's theory of "victim mentality" explains it.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

after driving the car at the police, they should of dragged him out of the car, smashing windows if need be, for attempted murder with a car,
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
#six wrote:I'm watching all of these videos and I can say I'm very impressed with the restraint and professionalism of the police.
Absolutely, they handled it very well. Big props to the Leicestershire Police. Didn't get the public order vans in (I assume they were nearby), and didn't draw batons or PAVA. No sign of tasers or firearms on the ground. Excellent use of a stolid, unflappable "Wall of Constables".
This ^. Where's the like button?
fat frank wrote:after driving the car at the police, they should of dragged him out of the car, smashing windows if need be, for attempted murder with a car,
Try that in some places in the US and his car would have 100+ bullet holes in it.

I'm actually glad he's been arrested as it will serve as a reminder to the general public as to what sort of morons the Goodfers are.

Back to Tom's house. Yes it will go to auction almost certainly. That used to be B&B's policy and I see no reason for it to have changed. Auction is an arms length, open transaction and gets the (auction) market price in as short a time as practicable. Now that it is boarded up it will be worth less (I guess about 5-10%) than what it would fetch empty but unboarded. See my old posts about the prices in that street if you want but I think he will still come out with some money but not enough for another house. Unless his children buy him somewhere he can't borrow anywhere, so he'll be left with about £30k - enough for a caravan or motorhome.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Losing your court case, declaring victory and subsequently losing your house are the essential ingredients to obtain the required qualification to become an established guru who can travel up and down the country to advise others on how they too can lose their homes. Tom has achieved this at last and it can be said he has now been elevated to the status of an official guru and is on an equal par with the likes of Michael Waugh, Guy Taylor and Mr Ebert. Now that Tom is fully qualified to assist other people in ensuring that they lose their homes he can, like the others, charge the suckers for his advice.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Tml69 wrote:....

Any thoughts on whether the policing costs will be added to the debts? The police described it as supporting a civil action which I guess falls outside their normal remit. Just as football clubs have to pay for police attending football matches, would they expect to bill someone for their costs?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Any thoughts on whether the policing costs will be added to the debts? The police described it as supporting a civil action which I guess falls outside their normal remit. Just as football clubs have to pay for police attending football matches, would they expect to bill someone for their costs?
No, they are attending to prevent a breach of the peace which is within their normal remit.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self