UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by mufc1959 »

My guess is that this was a 'no notice' HCEO eviction warrant (as seen on 'Can't Pay, Won't Pay') rather than the normal County Court bailiff warrant of eviction. The County Court bailiffs have to come round and hand-deliver a notice giving the date/time of the eviction about a week or so before the actual date. If they'd done that, no doubt there'd have been either an application to the court to suspend the warrant because it was 'fraudulent' (given that Tom 'won') or rent-a-mob would've been there in force before the bailiffs turned up.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

vampireLOREN wrote:Here is Jon Dow's effort, He proves one thing he is one hell of a Drama Queen.

https://youtu.be/pkgmiNE3DEQ
Oh and the spitting "babe" I think is Monica? maybe something to do with Michael O'Deara :violin:
At 07:49 Jon tells us he is now an expert in micro expressions. At17:49 he tells the girls from the BBC he has noticed a flicker in her right eye!. You couldn't make this crap up.....ever noticed he has an annoying double blink of his eyes?.
At 22:08 a chap wearing a resplendent ENGLAND tee shirt standing next to Jon starts to do a Roy and fiddles about with his genitalia (his own not Jon's).
Wonderful. :thinking:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

FatGambit wrote:
Losleones wrote:Tom looked remarkably cool & unfazed in the video which makes one ponder how he managed to get arrested. As for taking advise from the likes of Ceylon (2 failed business ventures) & ex convict Guy Taylor beggars belief.

I particularly enjoyed our John's narration throughout the video. "Disgraceful". Reminded me of Haining in an earlier eviction video where he repeatedly threatened to arrest a Police Officer. :haha:
'I'm not sure of the geography around the house but in the video where he's arrested he's walking away from the property down the road talking on the phone while one copper is trying to read him the despersal notice, another copper stops him and starts pushing him back up the hill towards his house (iirc Ferne Close is at the top of hill), at this point more coppers pile in and start man handing him, then he lashes out at one and is arrested, that's how I understood what I was watching anyway.

I know you guys have a thinly veiled dislike for Tom and commend the coppers for keeping their cool, which is fair considering some of the abuse they were getting, but I find it a bit unsettling that Tom was effectively kettles and provoked into getting himself arrested when he was clearly walking away from the property as he'd been asked to, after all the only reason he started walking back towards his property was cos a copper had two hands in the middle of his back pushing him.

There's a very thin line between acceptable and not, and I'm not sure you can claim someone walking away as ordered to isn't complying. I'm only basing this on the video alone though.
Basic logic when dealing with crowd control in that if you can arrest the known instigators then who is left to whip up the crowd?

There is a level of piss taking police normally allow and Tom's actions from the moment he arrived was one of pure piss taking.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

True...
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

My operating assumption is that the arrest was for the car thing.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

vampireLOREN wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:Here is Jon Dow's effort, He proves one thing he is one hell of a Drama Queen.

https://youtu.be/pkgmiNE3DEQ
Oh and the spitting "babe" I think is Monica? maybe something to do with Michael O'Deara :violin:
At 07:49 Jon tells us he is now an expert in micro expressions. At17:49 he tells the girls from the BBC he has noticed a flicker in her right eye!. You couldn't make this crap up.....ever noticed he has an annoying double blink of his eyes?.
At 22:08 a chap wearing a resplendent ENGLAND tee shirt standing next to Jon starts to do a Roy and fiddles about with his genitalia (his own not Jon's).

Wonderful. :thinking:
:haha: This guy is a complete tosser. Is he trying to be a modern day Roger Cook i wonder? If he'd come up to my car filming me & then started insulting me he'd be hospitalised, where he would then require surgery to remove his filming equipment from where he generally talks from.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

#six wrote:Tom "supporters" really are showing their true colours now. Abusing and harassing the owner of the removals firm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I hope the police are taking this seriously
Can't work out whether this is the sender posting the photo or the poor bloke who's receiving it.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:My operating assumption is that the arrest was for the car thing.
Don't think so, that was well before he was arrested. From what I saw, and there was quite a bit of video, Tom was asked to leave, he didn't seem to be showing much inclination to do so and was ushered on his way. I don't think he was entirely unreasonable in his reaction to being pushed along but it gave them all the excuse they needed to arrest him. My feeling was that they just wanted him out of the way and I was surprised they kept him for so long and charged him but I don't think they'll have any problem getting a conviction. The power of YouTube, bit of a double edged sword really.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

The bit I find funny is they were pushing him towards his house, not away from it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

My theory is, they said he was under arrest when he was in the car at which point he responds "I'm placing YOU under arrest", he gets out of the car and the one cop goes after him to arrest him but they keep talking to him instead of immediately cuffing him.
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

Yes them filming most if not parts of stuff is a double edged sword as it is somewhat hard to put a time on all of the footage that has been released and it will be hard for Tom to contest the assault charge when there is footage in the public domain that is not from the police showing what they will claim was the assault and it should be common knowledge to everyone that in criminal court the police's word generally holds more weight than the accused.

What people contesting the eviction might not have noticed is that while yes they had camera's to film the police, the police also had camera's to film them. They might be able to do a FOI request once charges have been dealt for them to release the footage they have filmed.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
wanglepin wrote:I see that Tom and Guy Taylor had been in court earlier helping some one else lose there house.
I thought I read somewhere that they had been denied access to the court. Problem is that I read so much in the last 24 hours I can't remember where I saw it.
I would be interested to know more about this. What court was it at? They, according to Crawford, were representing a couple and "were winning because they had them on fraud" etc.
But I have trouble believing anything Crawford says. It could be that now we know that he did indeed knew after all the date of his eviction he could be just using this as an excuse for Taylor and the other members of his legal team not turning up.There may not have been any court case at all.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Losleones wrote:Reminded me of Haining in an earlier eviction video where he repeatedly threatened to arrest a Police Officer. :haha:
And from a long way off, I bet.
guilty

Post by guilty »

wanglepin wrote: I would be interested to know more about this. What court was it at? They, according to Crawford, were representing a couple and "were winning because they had them on fraud" etc.
This will be a landmark case that will send reverberations throughout the court system.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5311314 ... nref=story
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

wanglepin wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
wanglepin wrote:I see that Tom and Guy Taylor had been in court earlier helping some one else lose there house.
I thought I read somewhere that they had been denied access to the court. Problem is that I read so much in the last 24 hours I can't remember where I saw it.
I would be interested to know more about this. What court was it at? They, according to Crawford, were representing a couple and "were winning because they had them on fraud" etc.
But I have trouble believing anything Crawford says. It could be that now we know that he did indeed knew after all the date of his eviction he could be just using this as an excuse for Taylor and the other members of his legal team not turning up.There may not have been any court case at all.
The denied access to court might be referring to this topic.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ZaayUaFmiA
#six

Post by #six »

Origen wrote:Yes them filming most if not parts of stuff is a double edged sword as it is somewhat hard to put a time on all of the footage that has been released and it will be hard for Tom to contest the assault charge when there is footage in the public domain that is not from the police showing what they will claim was the assault and it should be common knowledge to everyone that in criminal court the police's word generally holds more weight than the accused.

What people contesting the eviction might not have noticed is that while yes they had camera's to film the police, the police also had camera's to film them. They might be able to do a FOI request once charges have been dealt for them to release the footage they have filmed.
Its also worth noting that there is, correctly in my opinion, a different standard to assault for members of the public compared to the police. For example, a member of the public pushing a police officer would almost certainly be assault but a police officer pushing a member of the public would almost certainly not be assault assuming it was done to prevent a possible crime being committed.

So...
police pushing public away from the removals van = No assault
public pushing police in order to get to the removals van = assault

That being said, I do not think the police are always in the right and I would argue against them where I think they are going beyond their remit. Unfortunately, people who claim assault when they are merely touched by the police are doing a great disservice to all people who have actually been physically assaulted by the police.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Well lookey here, no bailiffs, policey men, shills, infiltrators or general banking scum of the earth need apply. They don't want their storming Tom's castle schedule to leak out. Better late than never or shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted..?

Jay Brad Bradley
4 hrs
Ok we have knocked things up a step and added a group that is closed the only way in is by three other members verifying who you are we need to keep these trolls out the groups and also keep the Bailiffs out please add yourselves to the new group but when you do please ask 3 other current members to verify you if you cant get verification please be patient as we will be adding people daily
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bailiffwatch
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I am sure that in regard to the letters, it's being reported that they were distributed to residents at 9 in the morning on the actual day. I can believe this as I would doubt that the Police would commit so many resources to the operation and then risk blowing it by advertising the fact.

What is interesting is that the reaction from some of the more rabid mouthbreathers over on GOODF is that Tom won and the Guru's he followed were right, even though he is now of no fixed abode and his place is going up for auction (I'd think the most likely auctioneer would be Savills on the 3rd of September). Tom didn't win, if Tom won, he wouldn't have been evicted. If Tom won he wouldn't have been arrested. If Tom won he wouldn't be homeless. Those are all signs that say, quite clearly Tom didn't win.

He doesn't own that bungalow any more.
Warning may contain traces of nut
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Origen wrote:There may not have been any court case at all.
The denied access to court might be referring to this topic.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ZaayUaFmiA
Important request for assistance
by tommc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 pm
Hi all,This is a very important request for assistance on 2nd July at 2 PM at the County Court, St Mary's court, Regents Park Road, Finchley, Central London, N3 1BQ
Posted late Monday 29th at 8:44 PM, just a few days before Crawford’s eviction then, requesting assistance for a court date on the 2nd (the day of evction) in Finchley London.
Does anyone know if this was a “SUCCESS!!!1!!!! BOOM!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#”.
Did Taylor win it for this couple but they will still lose their home in a SUCCESS !!!1!!!!! BOOM !#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!# Ceylon kinda way?
Last edited by wanglepin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote:I am sure that in regard to the letters, it's being reported that they were distributed to residents at 9 in the morning on the actual day. I can believe this
I don't believe it. I reckon those residents where given ample warning on the Monday 29th. And I believe this is why the post by Crawford for assistance at the Finchley court London went up so late of goofers.