Brown arrests, continued

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

RyanMcC wrote:
webhick wrote: You said a slingshot could pierce armor. I want to see the slingshot that can fire armor piercing bullets effectively. Who cares what the bullets look like.

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?na ... &sid=10234

Okay, it doesn't technically exist..
That's ok, linear accelerators are so cool!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I haven't seen someone that confused about applied mechanics since Ted Holden.

But let me help rachel out. There is a device that is much closer to a slingshot than a bow is and that's an atatl. An atatl is shaped like a "L" and is used to throw spears.

As for the fragility of individual threads when cut across with a sharp knife, that goes for hemp, spider silk, gut, leather, and steel as well as kevlar. There's a big difference between that and the toughness of woven fabric.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

rachel wrote:Release the slingshot and the projectile move forward. Release the bow string and the arrow moves forward.
Release the brakes and the plane moves forward. Release the leash and the dog moves forward. Release the floodgate and the lake moves forward.

The world is slingshots.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

A couple of pages ago, I was thinking of asking Rachel where one can purchase a slingshot with capabilities that would duplicate the result of a projectile fired through a rifled barrel.

Since then, the general concept has been brought up, but she obviously still doesn't grasp it. She'll now think that I'm trying to spin something.

She also continues to spel reel gud while simultaneously demonstrating her inability to recognize her incompetence because she is incompetent.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

rachel, the mental midget wrote:
RyanMcC wrote:
rachel, the mental midget wrote: Heres your sign!
(4) “Bow” means a device for shooting arrows and includes a long bow, reflex bow, compound bow and a cross bow; and

(5) “Sling Shot” means a framed mechanical catapult, for propelling a projectile.

http://www.oromocto.ca/UserFiles/File/B ... law407.pdf

Here's your sign..
What do the by laws of nowhereville have to do with this sign waving boy?
A sling is what holds the projectile. Its no different in principle than the tip of the arrow which holds the arrow to the bow string.
Release the slingshot and the projectile move forward. Release the bow string and the arrow moves forward.
I don't care who ya are, that right there's funny. Ah, nothing like a little humor in the morning.

Demo, quit messing with Rachel's mind. It's not a fair fight.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Imalawman wrote:Demo, quit messing with Rachel's mind. It's not a fair fight.
[Hangs head] I know. It was late on a Friday night and the melon helmet is getting a little moldy...
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

kevlar
That's CEVLAR. Rachel said so. She knows everything.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Geez, I take a couple months off of Quatloos to hang out at my firearms forum -- I come back to find Quatloos has turned into "Gun Talk".

Couple of points:

First, any gun is capable of firing armor piercing ammunition. I believe it's illegal to buy ammuntion designed as "armor piercing" in many states. That said, pretty much any type of rifle round including .50BMG, is going straight through normal body armor. Of course, the press likes to make like they're nuts just for owning this weapon. Forget the fact that they're just plain nuts to begin with.

Second, I also find it amusing that the six weapons seized at one of the supporters' houses constitutes an "arsenal". At my firearms website they call guys like that "lightweights".

Lastly, did these guys buy the weapons for the Browns or for themselves? I believe that since the Browns are now convicted felons (?) they are not allowed to possess firearms, and anyone who knowingly transfers firearms to them is also committing a felony.

I'll leave it to the attorneys on the site to correct any legal errors I made.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

They bought the guns, delevered a few to the Browns, stayed on the property with said weapons and made statements they would resist any Federal authorities trying to take the Browns into custody.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

The 50 caliber rifle (such as the ones referenced above) are intended and useful for only three purposes:

(1) Long range shooting. A fifty caliber rifle is used for 1000 yard target shoots. It is extremely accurate at ranges that many guns will barely reach.

(2) Anti-material shooting. While a fifty is not useful for anti-tank work, it will stop a car or other normal vehicle.

(3) Coolness factor. Nothing says bad-*ss like a fifty. Lots of noise, flash and whomp. :twisted:

If I were defending Ed Brown's place, the only real use I would have for a fifty caliber rifle is anti-material (vehicle). The property is too wooded for long range shooting (except from the "meditation tower", which I would not want to be in because it is too easy a target for an FBI sniper). I suspect that Reno suggested Ed get one because of #3 above though.

BTW, there are other types of fifty caliber weapons, including black powder rifles designed for hunting. The above is regarding rifles that are intended to shoot the 50 BMG round.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Thread is too long, and has drifted off topic, so it's history.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.