UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

daveBeeston
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by daveBeeston »

New article up on the Nottinghapost about how the residents are glad its all over.
Trevor
An elderly man, who gave his name only as Trevor, had lived in Mr Crawford's home many years ago.

He said: "It is so sad to see the house as it is – and especially sad for me because I used to live there.

"But we have had so many big protests here in the last few months, it has been frightening for some of the elderly residents who live in the area.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Police-as ... story.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
longdog

Post by longdog »

He's saying they are going to use an upcoming act of parliament to arrest these evil policy-men but what will he do when they refuse to give their consent to the statute or send the summons back as addressee not recognised return to sender? :lol:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:One Cell has just posted one of the stupidest things I have ever read on the internet:
The judgement was written in gibberish and could've been interpreted any which way.

the question to be asked is why couldn't godsmark, give a judgement that was clear? isn't that his only job ?
One Cell's remark confirms that he has absolutely no reading comprehension skills.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 94#p398994
I would suggest that J(? - I've forgotten his title, drat.) Godsmark spends most of his working time being a judge and having a sideline in brain transplants for morons is unlikely.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Hi all, my name is hardcopy.
Going back to the infamous judgement , would it be helpful to ordinary people if the judgement had some sort of indication on it to highlight whether it was written in "plain English" or legalese ?.
A simple embossed capital "L" or "P.E." would suffice ?
ArthurWankspittle

hardcopy wrote:Hi all, my name is hardcopy.
Going back to the infamous judgement , would it be helpful to ordinary people if the judgement had some sort of indication on it to highlight whether it was written in "plain English" or legalese ?.
Why? How would this help people's lack of reading comprehension?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Welcome at last hardcopy. I was wondering if, what with your DIY expertise, you might be tunnelling into Tom's house because I knew how outraged you would be by this week's events.

I think the annotation of any legal document would be a good idea. Perhaps they could also add further annotations to say "this document does not need to be signed" and "this is a seal" (beneath the seal).
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
#six

Post by #six »

Looks like Tom tried to arrest a police officer. Looks like that went well then

From facebook:

Tracy Henson:Got video footage of your dad's arrival, where he placed this scumbag under arrest. If you let me have an email addy, I'll get it to you xx
ArthurWankspittle

#six wrote:Looks like Tom tried to arrest a police officer. Looks like that went well then

From facebook:

Tracy Henson:Got video footage of your dad's arrival, where he placed this scumbag under arrest. If you let me have an email addy, I'll get it to you xx
Go for it Tracy. I'd like to see False Imprisonment added to the charges against Tom Crawford.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Jeffrey wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny8_i-tBDmY

Hot off the press: "How Tom Crawford lost his house"
I am a fan of his video's but I can't wait for Ceylon and his bald friend / partner / significant other's next video from the dogging graveyard
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Because some people "read between the lines" believing the judgement was in legalese.
Any easy mistake to make , there was nothing to indicate it should be read as "plain English"
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

wanglepin wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:I am sure that in regard to the letters, it's being reported that they were distributed to residents at 9 in the morning on the actual day. I can believe this
I don't believe it. I reckon those residents where given ample warning on the Monday 29th. And I believe this is why the post by Crawford for assistance at the Finchley court London went up so late of goofers.
Hi wanglepin, I got barred from Goodf around the same time that you did, I believe I used a couple of suspect words one of which was "watertight" which brought me under suspicion.
You have to tread very carefully over there.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

the people who live in the close, must be sick of all the people outside
Bones

Post by Bones »

hardcopy wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Because some people "read between the lines" believing the judgement was in legalese.
Any easy mistake to make , there was nothing to indicate it should be read as "plain English"
Hardcopy

I will break this one down for you

Legalease

language containing an excessive amount of legal terminology or of legal jargon.

Now not only was there very little legal terminology in the judgement - the judge went so far as to say

100. Mr Crawford has raised a number of points which he says should ground an appeal. I have scrutinised the points made by Mr Crawford in this hearing with care. Due to the public interest I have attempted above to set out as simply as I can the law which applies in this case and my analysis of Mr Crawford’s legal submissions.

Where is there any legal terminology in the conclusions ?

101. The points made by Mr Crawford are either without foundation or legally misconceived. Factual assertions about changing the terms of the mortgage are misplaced; both sides agree that the mortgage terms were not changed. The legal challenges raised are misconceived and I have set out in detail above why that is so.

102. None of the points raised by Mr Crawford have any substance in terms of potentially defending the possession claim. None of them can be described as a point with a real prospect of success on appeal.

103. I have considered separately whether there is some other compelling reason why an appeal should be heard. Although this case is unique to Mr Crawford it is sadly one of many similar cases with which the courts deal all the time. It raises no new point of principle.

Legalese it not a foreign language, it is legal terms written in english (or whatever county the judgement is from)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Mr Ebert, Guy Talylor, Mark Teflon Haining, the two Michael's and co, spoke of legalese to try and hide the fact that none of them had a clue what they were talking about and that Tom had lost.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

hardcopy wrote: Hi wanglepin, I got barred from Goodf around the same time that you did, I believe I used a couple of suspect words one of which was "watertight" which brought me under suspicion.
Hi there hardcopy. Nice your here.
Yes I do remember. You were using too many nautical words for their liking I believe. These freeman goofers over in goofsville seem to recoil at any words that appear to refer to the sea or water come to that.
Odd though isn't it, that Brian Gerrish and Roger Hayes are both ex seamen and are accepted with open arms.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

wanglepin wrote:
hardcopy wrote: Hi wanglepin, I got barred from Goodf around the same time that you did, I believe I used a couple of suspect words one of which was "watertight" which brought me under suspicion.
Hi there hardcopy. Nice your here.
Yes I do remember. You were using too many nautical words for their liking I believe. These freeman goofers over in goofsville seem to recoil at any words that appear to refer to the sea or water come to that.
Odd though isn't it, that Brian Gerrish and Roger Hayes are both ex seamen and are accepted with open arms.
Hi, yes, I also enquired about Mr. Ebert's eviction which brought a warning and then ban from the dreaded ponytail.
I joined again recently but my IP address was rumbled, apparently this is classed as stalking and is a criminal offence, according to the moderator.
I'm still waiting for the court summons.
longdog

Post by longdog »

It's all very well and good marking judgements as Legalese or Plain English but what does plain English mean in legalese?

I'll look it up in my 1805 copy of Black's and get back to you.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

hardcopy wrote:I joined again recently but my IP address was rumbled,
I had a few more names after I (Wanglepin) was banned but I would even bother now. They are doing enough damage on their own without me asking inconvenient probing questions. :lol:
Last edited by wanglepin on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

hardcopy wrote:... apparently this is classed as stalking and is a criminal offence, according to the moderator.
I'm still waiting for the court summons.
Just ANRRTS it when it arrives :haha:
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

wanglepin wrote:
hardcopy wrote:I joined again recently but my IP address was rumbled,
I had a few more names after I (Wanglepin) was banned but I would even bother now. They are doing enough damage on their own without me asking inconvenient probing questions. :lol:
Anyone who joins now is immediately under suspicion.
Anyway, some outstanding work and investigation over here, I am mightily impressed by the effort, backed up with proof and evidence .Toms case panned out as predicted on here, despite him having "paid enough". I do recall a few of you giving him good, sensible advice, but he believed he could get out of debt FREE... That word has an irresistible ring to it.