Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by Gregg »

littleFred wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Does England not have a central clearing house for checks and financial transactions, and is not each bank assigned a separate unique id that goes on their checks along with the actual account number of the issuer?
"Yes" to all those. The bank number is six digits, formatted like "12-34-56".

The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrKwhPXtK1E at 1m39s has a reasonable image of a cheque. The bank number (top-right) looks like "00-00-00", which I suppose isn't a valid bank number. But this might be a specimen cheque.

I can't read the address of the "WeRe Bank" top-left, but it may be the Manchester address I quoted above.

Does the clearing house ensure the bank really exists? I don't know. In theory, they merely pass on all the cheques each day to the correct banks. The bank itself (such as WeRe) either accepts the cheque (and sends money accordingly) or dishonours it. Peter of England may be quite wealthy, and able to pay out tens of thousands of pounds as seed money for a scam. I have no inside-knowledge of banking procedures, so I don't know if this would work, or for how long, or what offences might be committed. Perhaps someone with inside knowledge could pull it off, for a while.

Banks seem to be regulated by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the Banking Act 2009, and probably many others. But to Peter of England, regulations like car insurance are ignored.

He doesn't say what eventually happens to the promissory notes. (The video says £100,000 but the more recent PDF has £150,000.) A sucker would only get value if they bought a house or something. But I expect Peter would put a limit on the amounts for cheques: monthly mortgage payments are okay, but paying off a mortgage isn't.

Sure, it may all be kosher. Peter may be a secret billionaire who is happy to pay off the debts of loads of people. But then he wouldn't need the promissory notes.

Nope, I'm afraid something is very rotten with this scheme.

I'm replying to this having not read the entire thread, so it may have been explained earlier, but the process is:

In the UK, when you deposit a check the bank you deposit it into at the end of the day sorts out all the checks they have accepted and send an electronic notice to the issuing bank. The issuing bank will the next day transfer funds for all the checks written on its accounts the previous day to the banks to which they were deposited. This is a conditional payment, it depends upon verification that the check is genuine, not stolen or such. The WeRe checks would bounce at this point if the bank code at the top was not a genuine bank, as the bank that took in the check would do their daily sort and have check they couldn't find bank matching the code, because the bank does not exist. The code is assigned by the BofE, and a lot of verification happens before one is issued.
The physical check is sent to the bank it is issued from, and their accounts verification department looks at the check, verifies it is genuine and they transfer their money to the receiving bank who then credits the account of the depositor, the issuing bank at the same time debits the account on which the check was written. Their is a 5 day rule, meaning, if you deposit a check and it turns out to be no good, your bank has 5 days to remove the money back from your account, if they don't catch it in 5 days, they have to absorb the loss, BUT this rule is not applied in cases of fraud or stolen checks. For that they get 10 days after the statement period of the bank, this allows a customer to look at his statement and say "I didn't write a check for that amount to that person, this is a stolen or forged check"
The big difference between the UK and the US is that in the UK, the banks works amongst themselves to sort it all out and send parcels containing the checks back and forth to each other every day, and settle up amongst themselves every day. In the USA, most (not all, some banks still don't participate but its rare) checks are cleared by the local branches of the Federal Reserve Banks, who take in the physical check, make an electronic image of it, store it themselves for a period before returning it to the issuing bank and do all the accounting and settling up between the different banks for them, each member bank gets a daily report and credit/debit of their account at the Federal Reserve Bank. The banks do not for the most part communicate amongst themselves, they deal with the Federal Reserve Clearing System. The US banking system is an order of magnitude larger than the UK and the sheer size of the USA compared to England is, well, its a lot bigger and more complicated to send the actual checks back and forth here than over there.

Anyhow, if WeRe is taking member funds into a real bank and using that money to cover the checks they issue, it'll last as long as the Ponzi scheme it is holds out, if he's just majiking up his accounts, even in England the banks will figure it out in a day or two.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by mufc1959 »

The big difference between the UK and the US is that in the UK, the banks works amongst themselves to sort it all out and send parcels containing the checks back and forth to each other every day, and settle up amongst themselves every day.
I think that might be because we have far fewer banks in the UK than in the States. It always surprises me when I'm in the States, particularly in the 'middle', that there are so many small local banks. I suppose these are the equivalent to the smaller building societies we have in the UK, which used to be prevalent in every town, your 'local' building society, until they started to be swallowed up by larger ones.

I think this is all going to come crashing down soon - WeRe Bank was sold as a means to discharge debt with WeRe cheques. That's why people signed up - I'd bet good hard cash that 99.9% of those who joined have only a peripheral interest in bartering time or skills in return for Re. They thought they'd found an easy way out of their debts, but instead they've created more problems for themselves. Questions are being asked about the lack of support for existing members, yet there is a continuing drive for new people to join. Of course, anyone with half a brain cell knows the reason for that, but it seems to be taking a long time for the penny to drop amongst the people who are dutifully lining PoE's pockets with gold.
Last edited by mufc1959 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

The drive for new recruits seems to have hit the buffers if membership of the Were Bank Forum is any guide.

I think the St Annes meeting will have been largely attended by the same people who went to Ashton, there is no mention anywhere of the Birmingham meeting taking place, there are no further meetings planned, Bertie Bert who "sold" WeRe on GOODF has died.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bones wrote:It says a lot about Peter's real character as a human being that after everything Bertie did for him and WeRe bank, Peter can't even make a comment about his passing on his facebook page.
Posted about an hour ago :

BERTRAM BERT [BERTIE]

MY HEART & REsolve IS STRENGTHENED NOW BY THE DEMISE OF MY MOST LOVED AND CHERISHED FRIEND BERTI BERT- HE WAS MY STAUNCHEST DEFENDER AND WAS LIVING AGAIN BECAUSE HE ENJOYED PROMOTING WHAT BOTH I AND HE STOOD FOR....A BETTER WORLD FOR EVEN THE SHILLS AND TROLLS, WHO WERE HOUNDING HIM, TO LIVE IN. WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO NOW IS ASK "THE TROLLS & AND SHILLS" HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM? ARE THEY STILL FULL OF HATE, ANGER AND VITRIOLIC ATTACKS? ARE THEY HAPPY NOW TO SEE SOMEONE....LEAVE?

BERTI BERT AWAYED 11th July 2015 - A most inauspicious number (11) to depart on
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Bert is dead?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Jeffrey wrote:Bert is dead?
Was posted on GOOFy this morning. I am truly sad by his passing, I listened to his canning talk on one of those strange radio shows (from a post somewhere here) and he seemed a really passionate farmer and canner. While I disagreed with his support of WeRe bank, and any of that other Freman stuff he spouted, it is never a happy moment, when someone passes. Bertie had his good side, and he probably meant well, he just had no clue on finance or the law, and should have stayed clear of it all, sticking to farming and canning.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Bones wrote:It says a lot about Peter's real character as a human being that after everything Bertie did for him and WeRe bank, Peter can't even make a comment about his passing on his facebook page.
Posted about an hour ago :

BERTRAM BERT [BERTIE]

MY HEART & REsolve IS STRENGTHENED NOW BY THE DEMISE OF MY MOST LOVED AND CHERISHED FRIEND BERTI BERT- HE WAS MY STAUNCHEST DEFENDER AND WAS LIVING AGAIN BECAUSE HE ENJOYED PROMOTING WHAT BOTH I AND HE STOOD FOR....A BETTER WORLD FOR EVEN THE SHILLS AND TROLLS, WHO WERE HOUNDING HIM, TO LIVE IN. WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO NOW IS ASK "THE TROLLS & AND SHILLS" HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM? ARE THEY STILL FULL OF HATE, ANGER AND VITRIOLIC ATTACKS? ARE THEY HAPPY NOW TO SEE SOMEONE....LEAVE?

BERTI BERT AWAYED 11th July 2015 - A most inauspicious number (11) to depart on
Peter lost his number one defender, going to be hard to replace. Wonder who will take up the position of full time WeRe defener now that Bertie is gone?

On a positive note, At least they can now point to Bertie as being a successful user of WeRe checks. He was able to pass a few of them, and he never has to pay another dime, The first confirmed Victory.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

PoE wrote:
WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO NOW IS ASK "THE TROLLS & AND SHILLS" HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM? ARE THEY STILL FULL OF HATE, ANGER AND VITRIOLIC ATTACKS? ARE THEY HAPPY NOW TO SEE SOMEONE....LEAVE?
This comment really does expose PoE's ignorance. He obviously believes that if someone disagreed with bertie and expressed that disagreement it must automatically follow that individual is "full of hate" is "angry" and is "attacking" bertie. I am truly sorry that bertie has died but that does not alter my opinion that bertie's posts regarding the WeRe bank were a load of old bollocks.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

On a positive note, At least they can now point to Bertie as being a successful user of WeRe checks. He was able to pass a few of them, and he never has to pay another dime, The first confirmed Victory.
I wonder if his family will try to collect the balance of the £150K in his WeRe account. After all, it forms part of his estate. This could be interesting. The Executors are duty bound to collect all the assets of his estate and so Peter will have to explain why there isn't, in fact, any actual money in Bertie's WeRe account, despite the account statement showing a six-figure sum ... or pay up. In sterling.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

mufc wrote:... it seems to be taking a long time for the penny to drop amongst the people who are dutifully lining PoE's pockets with gold.
I can only assume that's because anyone who signs up for were bank is unlikely to have a penny to drop in the first place.
rumpelstilzchen

mufc1959 wrote: I wonder if his family will try to collect the balance of the £150K in his WeRe account. After all, it forms part of his estate. This could be interesting. The Executors are duty bound to collect all the assets of his estate and so Peter will have to explain why there isn't, in fact, any actual money in Bertie's WeRe account, despite the account statement showing a six-figure sum ... or pay up. In sterling.
Hmm.....I'm not so sure. bertie lodged a promissory note with the WeRe bank. He promised to pay the WeRe bank £150000. Maybe Peter has a claim against bertie's estate.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Hmm.....I'm not so sure. bertie lodged a promissory note with the WeRe bank. He promised to pay the WeRe bank £150000. Maybe Peter has a claim against bertie's estate.
That'd be an interesting question for someone to ask on the WeRe Bank forum.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Bert insists that Peter cleared the checks he wrote, so it's up to his family to honor their end of the bargain and pay off the promissory note.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

in theory the prom note, is just a promise to pay in the future, POE can take them to court and make them pay up the prom note
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Did BB ever claim to have had a WeRe account or claim to have paid anything with a WeRe cheque? I know he was PoE's biggest fanboy on GOODF - but I'm pretty certain a number of his biggest promoters haven't signed up to a WeRe account - I'm thinking of gremlin on DIF, SalliNae, Ceylon, Rob Swift on GOODF.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Jeffrey wrote:Bert insists that Peter cleared the checks he wrote, so it's up to his family to honor their end of the bargain and pay off the promissory note.
Again, another interesting situation, because Bertie's creditors who were sent WeRe cheques will expect to be paid out of Bertie's estate. No doubt Peter will be able to demonstrate to the Executors exactly how and when he paid those creditors in sterling.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:PoE wrote:
WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO NOW IS ASK "THE TROLLS & AND SHILLS" HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM? ARE THEY STILL FULL OF HATE, ANGER AND VITRIOLIC ATTACKS? ARE THEY HAPPY NOW TO SEE SOMEONE....LEAVE?
This comment really does expose PoE's ignorance. He obviously believes that if someone disagreed with bertie and expressed that disagreement it must automatically follow that individual is "full of hate" is "angry" and is "attacking" bertie. I am truly sorry that bertie has died but that does not alter my opinion that bertie's posts regarding the WeRe bank were a load of old bollocks.
Peter is one step away from putting Berti's death off on his critics. How typical.

The best information we have is that Berti was hospitalized with kidney stones after having complained to collegues that he wasn't feeling well. Reports are that it is suspected he died of an aneurism.

So, Peter, I am talking to you!

Where were you when Berti was feeling ill, off giving a rambling three hour presentation?

Did you take him to a doctor, or did you just not pay attention?

Did you over the years ask him about his blood pressure?

Did you ever ask him to cut back on his hours peddling the WeRe Bank?

Do you feel any guilt at all?
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

As far as I can see, BertieBert (071258RW) never claimed to have written any cheques.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

I can't believe POE terminated one of his fake accounts. Just watching 'Humans' on C4 and it seems so wrong.
'Putin's left hand man'
rumpelstilzchen

littleFred wrote:As far as I can see, BertieBert (071258RW) never claimed to have written any cheques.
bertie writing a WeRe cheque would be like a Three Card Monte shill thinking he could play the dealer for real.
BHF wrote: