Ed Brown Violence Quotes

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
silversopp

Ed Brown Violence Quotes

Post by silversopp »

I've run into someone (online) who believes that Ed Brown never threatened to be violent.

Is there a convenient place to find all the relevent quotes? I've dug two out of the forums here, but figured I'd ask in case someone has a more detailed list.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I don't have a list of quotes on Brown's threats in one place, but I would note the following which could be interpreted as including threats.

Here is an excerpt from an article dated Oct. 9, 1994, in the New Hampshire Sunday News:
He [Edward Brown] said the militia has declared New Hampshire a ''free zone,'' neutral territory in which the federal government has no authority. ''All we're looking for is as many people get warned as possible, to protect as many lives as we can before this thing goes down.''

''Freedom is not free. Thomas Jefferson told us every 20 years a little patriot blood must be shed to kill some of the tyrants and keep them in line. We have not done this since the Civil War.''

Brown said he sees no way the conflict will end except in violence. ''Because these people will not quit. The window of oppportunity for them as it approaches is closing because people like me are rising. And the hope is we can open our window more than theirs, so we can swallow them before they swallow us.''
--from: http://www.unionleader.com/pda-article. ... 22d450aee1

And this:
Brown, who asserts that the federal government has no jurisdiction in New Hampshire and no authority to charge him under a non-existent law, said the activity surrounding his properties in Plainfield and West Lebanon yesterday was a "Zionist, Illuminati, Free Mason movement."

[ . . . ]

"Your time is coming up pretty soon," he said. "If you don't go along with the Free Masons, they'll attack you too." Brown, who says he now adheres only to the laws of the creator, sharply criticized state and local police officers, calling them "candy a----" who don't think for themselves.

"They really are babies," he said. "They're mindless little ... They're nothing like the police we had 15 years ago."

[. . . ]

Brown said he doesn't care about warrants or court orders, because he doesn't believe he's a criminal. If he committed a crime, he said, he would turn himself in.

"This is just paper," he said. "This is fiction. The entire American government is fiction. We created it, didn't we?" Brown said he does not plan to surrender to authorities.

"We're a very reciprocal people. You do us good, we're going to do you good. You do us bad, we're going to do you bad," he said. "... This whole thing is a joke, but they'll kill me because of this joke."
--from: http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 2ea693ee4b

I will look around as time permits and see what else I can find.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Ed Brown Violence Quotes

Post by webhick »

silversopp wrote:I've run into someone (online) who believes that Ed Brown never threatened to be violent.

Is there a convenient place to find all the relevent quotes? I've dug two out of the forums here, but figured I'd ask in case someone has a more detailed list.
No matter what evidence you give this person, they simply will not believe it. See, Ed says he never threatened violence. To him, it's an eye for an eye. And that's not a threat (to Ed).

But it's not eye for an eye at all. Marshals want to take E&E into custody (not kill them) and he threatens to kill them. If it was eye for an eye, he would threaten to prosecute and imprison the Marshals. E&E's supporters will never understand the distinction because they don't want to.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Scoop

Here's a start

Post by Scoop »

I did these two articles after Ed said he'd never threatened anyone. There are more recent examples, but here are a few anyway.

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /OPINION01
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 0/BUSINESS
ErsatzAnatchist

Re: Here's a start

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Scoop wrote:I did these two articles after Ed said he'd never threatened anyone. There are more recent examples, but here are a few anyway.

Scoop, I assume that you are the author of the articles. If so, I have found your reporting to be extremely fair and non-judgmental. I particularly liked your piece of a few weeks ago when you described your experiences reporting on the Brown case. Excellent journalism.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Here's a start

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Scoop wrote:I did these two articles after Ed said he'd never threatened anyone. There are more recent examples, but here are a few anyway.

Scoop, I assume that you are the author of the articles. If so, I have found your reporting to be extremely fair and non-judgmental. I particularly liked your piece of a few weeks ago when you described your experiences reporting on the Brown case. Excellent journalism.
I completely agree with Ersatz and would like to commend you as well for your fine and informative articles.

Thanks.
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

Thanks everyone, especially Scoop, this is just what I wanted!
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Thanks so much for all your kind words. It's nice to hear you've been enjoying the coverage! As you can imagine, much of the feedback I receive is significantly less complimentary!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

As a former reporter myself (broadcasting, not print media), I say: Hats off to Scoop for public service in reporting on this case!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick

Post by webhick »

Does anyone else think that Scoop deserves a title? Lord knows she's deserved it for putting herself out there and taking so much flak for reporting the facts as reality sees it. Which, of course, is a different plane of existence than E&E and their ilk, thanks to the power of their heads being filled with Silly Putty. (That's what I was doing this weekend. It was lots of fun. And after that, I ran around E&E's property naked chasing after the supporters with a hatchet. They never knew what hit them.)
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

webhick wrote:Does anyone else think that Scoop deserves a title?
FWIW, I do.
ErsatzAnatchist

webhick wrote:Does anyone else think that Scoop deserves a title? Lord knows she's deserved it for putting herself out there and taking so much flak for reporting the facts as reality sees it.
Voice of Quatloosia?

Hmmmm?????
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Radio Free Frickentardistan.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Webhick, your suggested title for Scoop?

There's a 37 character limit.
Demo.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Webhick, your suggested title for Scoop?

There's a 37 character limit.
I was thinking Distinguished Sentinel of Tangibility and Champion Headbutter of Frickentardistan...but that's nearly twice as long as allowed. I'll come up with another.
ErsatzAnatchist

CaptainKickback wrote:Lord (or Lady) of the Fifth Estate

Minister of the Fifth Estate
Fifth Estate is kind of anti-establishment, isn't it?

Perhaps Minister of the Sixth Estate (representing the media who watch over the Fifth Estate)?
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

:oops:

You guys really are too much.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Monitor of the Frickentard Chronicles
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Illuminati Minister of Propaganda
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:Monitor of the Frickentard Chronicles
Hmmm. That kind of fits the picture of Scoop I found online...

Demo.