Brown supporters indictments

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Paul Garrity, Wolffe's lawyer, ... said that actions undertaken by Wolffe's wife ought not to reflect badly on his client.
Could this be the rare case of the wife being nuttier than the husband?

Valerie had the "how to kill" manual, and was the one packing the weapons in the car. Wolffe agreed to stay in custody before the prosecutor was going to play a tape of Wolffe talking to investigators and his wife talking to the radio host.

And Valierie cried "What!" when it was announced in court that Wolffe had agreed to stay in custody.

So it's possible that Wolffe was acting to protect his wife, and that Mr. Wolffe is more rational than Ms. Wolffe (who still doesn't seem to get it).
Last edited by LPC on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

McAuliffe recuses self from Browns' supporters' trials

By Beverley Wang, Associated Press Writer | September 18, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. --Citing previous threats against him, a federal judge has pulled himself from the trials of two men accused of aiding a pair of convicted New Hampshire tax evaders.

While declaring his confidence in maintaining impartiality during the supporters' trials, Judge Steven McAuliffe said he was aware some may question his objectivity because of the threats.

"Because those public statements included threats of violence and physical harm directed at me, a reasonable person, fully informed of the facts, might understandably question my ability to remain impartial in this case, were I to preside," McAuliffe wrote in memos dated Monday.

The cases of Cirino Gonzalez, of Alice, Texas, and Daniel Riley, of Cohoes, N.Y., have been reassigned to Judge Paul Barbadoro, who is handling two other cases of arrested supporters of Ed and Elaine Brown. The four supporters were arrested last week.

McAuliffe, the chief judge for the U.S. District Court in New Hampshire, presided over the Browns' trial in January, during which they were convicted of concealing $1.9 million in income to avoid paying federal taxes. The Browns believe federal tax laws are a fiction. They have refused to surrender to authorities and report to prison. Aided by supporters, they have engaged in a months long self imposed exile on their property in Plainfield.

Ed Brown has made numerous statements to the media promising violence to anyone targeting his property. On one radio broadcast, Brown warned lawyers and specifically named McAuliffe and New Hampshire U.S. Attorney Thomas Colantuono.

"This is massive. This is international. We are fed up with the Zionist Illuminati ... Lawyers, whatever they are, OK, it's got to stop. And if the judge is a member of that, I know that McAuliffe is, I know that U.S. Attorney Colantuono is, they'd better stop. This is a warning," Brown said in a Feb. 2 broadcast of the "Constitution for the Defense," an online radio show.

Brown continued, "once this thing starts, we're going to seek them out and hunt them down."

On Monday, authorities said a Vermont man charged with helping the Browns left a trail of evidence all over the Internet showing his allegiance.

Robert Wolffe showed his devotion to the Browns and his wish for an armed showdown with authorities via blogs and e-mail, even e-mailing a manual on how to kill government officials to his wife at work -- an employee in the Vermont division of the Federal Highway Administration -- a federal prosecutor alleged.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Arnold Huftalen also read from a blog with a supply list and instructions for sending packages to the Browns in care of Wolffe, an Army veteran. The list, giving Wolffe's name and address, sought items ranging from cardboard to night vision goggles and camouflage clothing, but the "number one most important thing" is "people to come and make a stand to their death if necessary."

The Browns insist there is no law requiring payment of federal taxes. Ed Brown has said he will resort to an armed confrontation if authorities try to take him and his wife by force.

Regardless of their views on taxes, "the supporters of the Browns ... have been energized by the desire to force the government into an armed confrontation," Huftalen said Monday as he argued for Wolffe to be jailed until a November trial.

Defense lawyer Paul Garrity at first disputed Huftalen's characterization of Wolffe as a dangerous flight risk with a potential for violence. He said federal authorities had mischaracterized earlier statements by Wolffe and asked that Wolffe be released under supervision to return to his job as a technician for a propane company.

Garrity said Wolffe wanted a peaceful end to the Browns' self-imposed siege. "(Wolffe's) not one who's going to outwardly lash out at anyone," he said.

But Garrity did not get far. Wolffe decided midway through the hearing that he would not contest authorities' wish to keep him in custody. The decision was announced just as the hearing was reconvening to play video of an interview between Wolffe and a deputy U.S. Marshal, and an Internet radio interview with his wife, Valeri Wolffe.

Valeri Wolffe appeared shocked by her husband's decision, exclaiming "What!" as the judge made the announcement.

She refused to speak to reporters at the hearing.

Robert Wolffe is one of four men arrested last week and charged with providing supplies and other help to the Browns, who each face prison sentences of more than five years following their conviction on federal tax evasion charges in January. His Web site, bobwolffe.com, was disabled Monday.

He is being held at the Strafford County jail.
Demo.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

So the wife is an employee of the federal government? What does she think she is, a spy in the home of the beast?

I'm curious. Do any of you suppose she might be terminated from her job for her comments, conduct, and the terroristic e-mail on her office computer?
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The FreeStateProject clowns:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-902g9wyYQ
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Judge Barbadoro is going to preside over the case. I do not predict a lot of slack being given to the defense. Particularly when it comes to sentencing.

I have not been before Judge Barbadoro in many years. He never struck me as the easy going type. :wink:
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Demosthenes wrote:The FreeStateProject clowns:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-902g9wyYQ
Is there some point to what they do? I can't find any.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Boston (AP) -- Citing previous threats against him, a federal judge has pulled himself from the trials of two men accused of aiding a pair of convicted New Hampshire tax evaders.

While declaring his confidence in maintaining impartiality during the supporters' trials, Judge Steven McAuliffe said he was aware some may question his objectivity because of the threats.

"Because those public statements included threats of violence and physical harm directed at me, a reasonable person, fully informed of the facts, might understandably question my ability to remain impartial in this case, were I to preside," McAuliffe wrote in memos dated Monday.

The cases of Cirino Gonzalez, of Alice, Texas, and Daniel Riley, of Cohoes, N.Y., have been reassigned to Judge Paul Barbadoro, who is handling two other cases of arrested supporters of Ed and Elaine Brown. The four supporters were arrested last week.

McAuliffe, the chief judge for the U.S. District Court in New Hampshire, presided over the Browns' trial in January, during which they were convicted of concealing $1.9 million in income to avoid paying federal taxes. The Browns believe federal tax laws are a fiction. They have refused to surrender to authorities and report to prison. Aided by supporters, they have engaged in a monthslong self imposed exile on their property in Plainfield.

Ed Brown has made numerous statements to the media promising violence to anyone targeting his property. On one radio broadcast, Brown warned lawyers and specifically named McAuliffe and New Hampshire U.S. Attorney Thomas Colantuono.

"This is massive. This is international. We are fed up with the Zionist Illuminati ... Lawyers, whatever they are, OK, it's got to stop. And if the judge is a member of that, I know that McAuliffe is, I know that U.S. Attorney Colantuono is, they'd better stop. This is a warning," Brown said in a Feb. 2 broadcast of the "Constitution for the Defense," an online radio show.

Brown continued, "once this thing starts, we're going to seek them out and hunt them down."

On Monday, authorities said a Vermont man charged with helping the Browns left a trail of evidence all over the Internet showing his allegiance.

Robert Wolffe showed his devotion to the Browns and his wish for an armed showdown with authorities via blogs and e-mail, even e-mailing a manual on how to kill government officials to his wife at work -- an employee in the Vermont division of the Federal Highway Administration -- a federal prosecutor alleged.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Arnold Huftalen also read from a blog with a supply list and instructions for sending packages to the Browns in care of Wolffe, an Army veteran. The list, giving Wolffe's name and address, sought items ranging from cardboard to night vision goggles and camouflage clothing, but the "number one most important thing" is "people to come and make a stand to their death if necessary."

The Browns insist there is no law requiring payment of federal taxes. Ed Brown has said he will resort to an armed confrontation if authorities try to take him and his wife by force.

Regardless of their views on taxes, "the supporters of the Browns ... have been energized by the desire to force the government into an armed confrontation," Huftalen said Monday as he argued for Wolffe to be jailed until a November trial.

Defense lawyer Paul Garrity at first disputed Huftalen's characterization of Wolffe as a dangerous flight risk with a potential for violence. He said federal authorities had mischaracterized earlier statements by Wolffe and asked that Wolffe be released under supervision to return to his job as a technician for a propane company.

Garrity said Wolffe wanted a peaceful end to the Browns' self-imposed siege. "(Wolffe's) not one who's going to outwardly lash out at anyone," he said.

But Garrity did not get far. Wolffe decided midway through the hearing that he would not contest authorities' wish to keep him in custody. The decision was announced just as the hearing was reconvening to play video of an interview between Wolffe and a deputy U.S. Marshal, and an Internet radio interview with his wife, Valeri Wolffe.

Valeri Wolffe appeared shocked by her husband's decision, exclaiming "What!" as the judge made the announcement.
She refused to speak to reporters at the hearing.

Robert Wolffe is one of four men arrested last week and charged with providing supplies and other help to the Browns, who each face prison sentences of more than five years following their conviction on federal tax evasion charges in January. His Web site, bobwolffe.com, was disabled Monday. He is being held at the Strafford County jail.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

ASITStands wrote:Is there some point to what they do? I can't find any.
Sure, they protest against the IRS, illegally distribute fliers in a government office, interfere with people trying to do their lawful jobs, get themselves arrested, and then complain about their first amendment rights which were never violated. What I'm curious about is what do these people do for a living?
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The Operative wrote:
ASITStands wrote:Is there some point to what they do? I can't find any.
Sure, they protest against the IRS, illegally distribute fliers in a government office, interfere with people trying to do their lawful jobs, get themselves arrested, and then complain about their first amendment rights which were never violated. What I'm curious about is what do these people do for a living?
The tall guy in the orange jumpsuit, black hood, earphones, and face mask used to be an accountant. Now he mows lawns.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Did he just bail out of the system or pull a VanPelt and get decertified?
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Demosthenes wrote:The tall guy in the orange jumpsuit, black hood, earphones, and face mask used to be an accountant. Now he mows lawns.
Ah, a classic, all cash business so he can probably under-report his income. It makes me want to go to Keene, find all of his clients and convince them to send him and the IRS 1099s.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Demosthenes wrote: The tall guy in the orange jumpsuit, black hood, earphones, and face mask used to be an accountant. Now he mows lawns.
Demo,

The amount of stuff you know is scary. The Illuminati fu is strong with you.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The FSP clowns make good color for the book.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I was listening to some of the radio show archives from August from when I was out of the country, and Ed described rereading the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. He even cited a passage as proof that the pure crap he spouts is true. When Fred tried to point out that Protocols may be a hoax, Ed dismissed that with the comment that they wouldn't have lasted this long if they weren't the truth. :roll:
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Danny the Dog Walker Riley stipulated to detention this morning. That's two for two.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Any update on when Reno and Jason are expected in NH?
Last edited by Dezcad on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Any update on when Reno and Jason are expecting in NH?
They're having a baby? :shock:
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Truthstalker wrote:
I've corrected my verb tense......thanks for your help.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Dezcad wrote:
Truthstalker wrote:
I've corrected my verb tense......thanks for your help.
I can't comment on the baby business, but the latest I heard is they'll be here sometime tomorrow.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Scoop wrote:I can't comment on the baby business
It would certainly explain why Ed kicked Reno out of the house...
Demo.