The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...'t't

Post by Pox »

arayder wrote:
As long as he doesn't do a Dean Clifford and add to his woes by making senseless threats and cussing the judge, Caylon might be able to make this work for him.

This, of course, assumes that one would be so foolish as to make spitting up pointless anti-government bile a life long endeavor.
No, he wouldn't be that foolish, surely not! leopards, spots etc. He would lose so much street cred if he didn't spout some bile - unless he bottles it, of course ( in which case, he would put his own worthless spin on it).
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by bagman »

Mark Gillard the guy who took the photo in court, just posted this on facebook

Not been back long after our trip to Nottingham. I feckd up and take it on the chin about taking a photograph in court 2 hours before any hearings of the rooftop 6.

I only spent 2 and half hours sat in the custody suite. Went up to court and apologised. No charges and not convicted of any offence. I've just got home after leaving at 4am this

I'm off to bed as I'm up early in morning for court supporting Wesley Ahmed. I'll answer messages and comments tomorrow PM.

I fear that certain 'agitators' are jumping on the Crawford case and it is seriously discrediting it further.

Just for the record, I went down today to document ALL events including any potential misconduct of any police present.

I'll leave you with this though. The cat was well and truly out of the bag today on a couple of fronts.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Pox wrote:Affray - unlikely to receive a custodial sentence (sadly).

Seems that a defendant may receive a more lenient sentence if he/she were to enter an 'early guilty plea' - some may opt for this route, some won't. .
There are two possibilities.
1 - They've asked for a jury trial (Brits still have the right to this for serious charges, although UKGov is trying to reduce/abolish that) and/or
2 - The District Judge is sending them to the higher court because he does not think his sentencing powers will be sufficient (max of 6 months for one offence, or 12 months in total for multiple offences)

If they think they can sway a jury by sentimental appeals to common law and Old Granny Sweat, then they may come unstuck. Judges in E&W tend to be very strict with 'jury nullification' arguments. I cannot think of a time when 'protestors' have succeeded with that tactic.

Then again they may be stalling for time, because when UKAR have to give the house back they will be an heroes. Or they may not have elected jury trial but instead the DJ thinks they deserve a right old slapping if convicted of the-thing-they-are-legally-innocent-of-and-we-certainly-didn't-just-watch-them-doing-it.

Finally, Pox is correct that UK courts give a sentencing discount of about 1/3rd to a defendant who promptly pleads guilty and saves everyone a load of trouble.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Mark Gillard wrote:I feckd up and take it on the chin about taking a photograph in court
Credit to him for that.
Mark Gillard wrote:I fear that certain 'agitators' are jumping on the Crawford case and it is seriously discrediting it further.
Interesting comment. Those who know him, is he likely to say more?
Mark Gillard wrote:I'll leave you with this though. The cat was well and truly out of the bag today on a couple of fronts.
Very interesting comment. I assume he refers to unwanted truths emerging in the Crawfraud camp?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

JonnyL wrote:
I've been trying to find the shower scene, to no avail lol
Please private message this sort of thing if you have to send it. Anything NSFW audiences will get removed.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

PeterPan wrote:The text on the website has been written by someone with a moderate grasp of the English language and punctuation.... Not Amanda then!
And if the photographs on that website are truly representative of her work, why is everything graphic I've seen on any of their websites or publicity material so crap?

Something does not look right there.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

District judge Tom Devas told the defendants: "These are extremely serious matters. You might want to think about bringing just a few of your friends next time because I don't think the crown court would be overly impressed by such a large number of people. It's not going to do your cause any good whatsoever."

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... z3h7ytGFQW
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook
Okay guys, if I book a coach do you think we could get a crowd together????
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

YiamCross wrote:
District judge Tom Devas told the defendants: "These are extremely serious matters. You might want to think about bringing just a few of your friends next time because I don't think the crown court would be overly impressed by such a large number of people. It's not going to do your cause any good whatsoever."

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... z3h7ytGFQW
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook
Okay guys, if I book a coach do you think we could get a crowd together????
Don't forget your I'm Tom Crawford Hats, just so you're easily identifiable as with that group....
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Ok, Jay has been remanded, his past offences were given.

Ceylon played the whole mark of the family shit.

The judge didn't take too kindly to that so colon was told if you want to play that game you will be held until 2016 when this case will be held, at which point he walked off the stand and the judge said "unless you stop playing this nonsense". At which point Ceylon forgot the freeman crap and played on his strawman. He caved in. Lol.
So the big man can't practice what he preaches.

Tom was also present in the public gallery.
When jays previous was read out toms face hit the floor.

By all accounts all of them are remanded in custody until the 10th August. The judge said that the seriousness of the crimes is beyond the jurisdiction of the magistrate court so it has been escalated.
I can only assume that it has been escalated to the crown court.

Mark gillard will post tomorrow with the full story.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

letissier14 wrote:Ok, Jay has been remanded, his past offences were given.

The judge didn't take too kindly to that so colon was told if you want to play that game you will be held until 2016 when this case will be held, at which point he walked off the stand and the judge said "unless you stop playing this nonsense". At which point Ceylon forgot the freeman crap and played on his strawman. He caved in. Lol.
So the big man can't practice what he preaches. ....

By all accounts all of them are remanded in custody until the 10th August. ....
Shame they didn't have the live feed going for Colon's craven crawl.

Only Jay Brad is in custody, all the others are released on bail & 7pm-7am curfew with ban from the area around Castle Crawford.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Yes... I was just reposting what someone else had posted after speaking to Mark.

They meant only Jay remanded but obviously typed it out wrong
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Wait who is Jay Brad and what is this about priors.
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:
By all accounts all of them are remanded in custody until the 10th August.

Mark gillard will post tomorrow with the full story.
Wow - all in custody - if true , what a result!
Damn sure that I saw a smiley face on a post from Ceylon on GOOFY at about 7pm (their time) earlier but when I looked again, it had disappeared (hope I am not seeing things),

Can't wait for the full story from MG but how would he know the full story if he was in the cells for much of it?
Syf
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham

Post by Syf »

Moderated: See my reminder below. Also note that the local newspaper did not report what I have just deleted.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Mark Gillard wrote:I feckd up and take it on the chin about taking a photograph in court
Credit to him for that.
Mark Gillard wrote:I fear that certain 'agitators' are jumping on the Crawford case and it is seriously discrediting it further.
Interesting comment. Those who know him, is he likely to say more?
Mark Gillard wrote:I'll leave you with this though. The cat was well and truly out of the bag today on a couple of fronts.
Very interesting comment. I assume he refers to unwanted truths emerging in the Crawfraud camp?
Yes Mark will deffo say plenty, he doesn't get on with Jay Brad, they mutually hate each other, he attended today with an element of interest in Jay Brads demise.... Shame he never got to see it :haha:
'Putin's left hand man'
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I look forward to Mark's details tomorrow and may amend my timeline according to his comments.

And finally another reminder: No one posts any info or details of any of the eight accused's previous convictions if any of them have any. The law is such that a jury member is not influenced by the existence or non-existence of previous convictions and only takes account of the facts presented to them in the case they are considering.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

wanglepin wrote: Ceylon’s path has led him straight to Crown Court.
That's what you get when you follow crazy paving.
Looks like this could get serious. Serious for them, that is. Hilarious for us.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Syf
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Syf »

Mark was there for all of jays 2 appearances..
When Tom heard of jays pervious his chin hit the floor. :roll: :roll:

Ceylon played the whole lose the name until the judge called him out. Crumbled there and then.
The judge stated that the seriousness of the crimes are not within the magistrates jurisdiction so it has been escalated, I can only assume that all 6 are due before the crown court on the 10th.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Syf wrote:Mark was there for all of jays 2 appearances..
When Tom heard of jays pervious his chin hit the floor. :roll: :roll:

Ceylon played the whole lose the name until the judge called him out. Crumbled there and then.
The judge stated that the seriousness of the crimes are not within the magistrates jurisdiction so it has been escalated, I can only assume that all 6 are due before the crown court on the 10th.
Sounds like good news for us but, sadly, not for them. Let the show continue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:Wait who is Jay Brad and what is this about priors.
Yet again, I may be going OTT but we can't discuss any accused's prior convictions while they have a case sub judice, in progress as it were. Please don't ask as I will have to delete the responses. Just to help anyone as to why, again, you are risking contempt of court.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self