The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

wanglepin
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by wanglepin »

They were originally charged with a combination of criminal damage and threatening behaviour offences but these were changed to affray.......
They will next appear at Nottingham Crown Court on Monday, August 10.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... story.html
I mentioned over page the seriousness of affray and the fact that this charge has gone directly to crown. There also may be the fact that there will also be other aggravating factors such as criminal damage by the time it comes to court on August. 10. There is also the nuisance Haining has been making of himself in and around Nottingham along with his new project Micky Summers i.e. Making defamatory allegations toward Council staff.
This could bump up the sentence no end where the max is 3 years in prison.>
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... al/affray/
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

We had a revolutionary war just so your silly sub judice rules wouldn't apply here.

Don't tread on me. USA! USA! USA!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

wanglepin wrote: There is also the nuisance Haining has been making of himself in and around Nottingham along with his new project Micky Summers i.e. Making defamatory allegations toward Council staff.
That's irrelevant to this case. However, I suggest anyone interested to read the aggravating factors and consider which, if any, apply and whether we are missing part of the story as to why the charges were changed to Affray.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

And just to add aggravating circumstances include >
Group Action (✓)
Threats (?) maybe
Lengthy Incident (✓)
Vulnerable persons present
Injuries Caused
Damage to property (✓)
Weapons used/throwing objects (✓)
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... al/affray/
Last edited by wanglepin on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syf
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Syf »

Understood..
Jays previous was only allowed as evidence as it is pertinent to his character. He also has an alias, which was also brought up.
His previous was only argued against his bail, they did want to put him on curfew but the prosecution said that he could easily break his conditions during the day, as the curfew would only be for night time, so it was upheld that he should remain in custody.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Yet again, I may be going OTT but we can't discuss any accused's prior convictions while they have a case sub judice, in progress as it were.
Deffo not OTT. Previous should not be discussed.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:That's irrelevant to this case.
That would depend on any character reports the court may ask for, it will certainly have a baring on his (Hainings) sentence of that I am sure.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Threats (?) maybe
There were absolutely threats.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Jeffrey wrote:
Threats (?) maybe
There were absolutely threats.
5 out of 7 ain't a bad start then. :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
wanglepin wrote: ...whether we are missing part of the story as to why the charges were changed to Affray.
Having read the description on what constitutes violent disorder I rather had my doubts they'd make it stick. Affray, however, seems to tick most of the boxes and I suspect stands a realisitic chance of being prosecuted successfully. Only the jury can say and I look forward to hearing their verdict on the day.

Sadly I thnk Craig and ginger nuts will have their charges dropped once the fuss has died down around Fearn Chase. Can't see the CPS fancying that one has enough legs for a conviction but who knows, we can only live in hope.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

and I don't think any of them will qualify any of these as any type of defense.

Factors indicating lower culpability
Did not start trouble (they did).
Provocation (there was none).
Stopped as soon as Police arrived (they didn't).
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

YiamCross wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
wanglepin wrote: ...whether we are missing part of the story as to why the charges were changed to Affray.
That is not my quote YC
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Pox wrote: Wow - all in custody - if true , what a result!
Damn sure that I saw a smiley face on a post from Ceylon on GOOFY at about 7pm (their time) earlier but when I looked again, it had disappeared (hope I am not seeing things),
There was this >
Re: The Aliens have landed Ceylon
by ceylon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 pm
well said

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... bazXjTF98E
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:We had a revolutionary war just so your silly sub judice rules wouldn't apply here.

Don't tread on me. USA! USA! USA!
I htought it was something to do with the price of tea????
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

hanlons razor wrote:
Don't forget your I'm Tom Crawford Hats, just so you're easily identifiable as with that group....
Surely we should wear sombrero's or pirate hats. Or Pirate themed Sombrero's.
Warning may contain traces of nut
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Wait who is Jay Brad and what is this about priors.
Yet again, I may be going OTT but we can't discuss any accused's prior convictions while they have a case sub judice, in progress as it were. Please don't ask as I will have to delete the responses. Just to help anyone as to why, again, you are risking contempt of court.
As a technicality should we even be mentioning that someone *has* prior convictions. As far as I can recall from my own, limited experience of jury trials (as a Juror), the Jury wasn't told if the accused even had any convictions. For all we knew at the start of the trial the accused could have been as innocent as a boy scout.

Of course at the end of the trial he was a guilty feck and we only then found out he had quite a considerable amount of previous.
Warning may contain traces of nut
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

PeanutGallery wrote:The question would be whether the warrant, being a decision made by the courts, would be considered personal information, or if it would be considered to be like a Judgement and part of the public record.
I've never heard the argument that a warrant is a public document. I don't think the argument would stand up (in the UK).

Some warrants need to be shown. For example, search warrants under PACE 1984 s16:
(5)Where the occupier of premises which are to be entered and searched is present at the time when a constable seeks to execute a warrant to enter and search them, the constable—

(a)shall identify himself to the occupier and, if not in uniform, shall produce to him documentary evidence that he is a constable;

(b)shall produce the warrant to him; and

(c)shall supply him with a copy of it.
Possession warrants are different. I can find no rules that say Tom is entitled to see any warrants of possession. See:
CPR 83.26
Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980
Courts Act 2003
Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007
Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants etc) Act 2010 s2
The Dwelling Houses (Execution of Possession Orders by Mortgagees) Regulations 2010
A warrant of possession is an instruction from the court to the enforcement officers. The validity of a possession warrant stands or falls according to the validity of the underlying possession order and notice of eviction. In that respect, it is quite different to a search warrant which is a standalone document and not reliant on previous court decisions.

If Tom seriously believes there was no possession warrant, he could take legal action against the enforcement officers. If they then show it to the court, the legal action will fail. But Tom doesn't seriously believe this. He just wants to show the warrant doesn't comply with rules that he (or Guy or Mr Ebert) have invented.

I think there is a general principle that we should not be entitled to see warrants that are against other people. I might ask to see any warrants against my neighbour, but the courts, enforcement officers and police should deny my request. (I admit this is a somewhat socio-political principle that some may disagree with.)

The argument for not yielding to Tom's demand for the warrant is that it is a blind alley. If the pre-conditions were fulfilled, which they were, the possession warrant was a mere formality. If the court or enforcement agents show him the warrant, he will then demand a fingerprint analysis to prove that no judge ever touched the paper or some other spurious nonsense. There has to be a limit to how far the courts will accommodate SovCit fantasies.

And we all know the warrant was a fabricated excuse for the actions. If the warrant ticked all the SovCit boxes, another excuse would have been found.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

PeanutGallery wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:
hardcopy wrote:There are suspicions in paranoia land that ginger is a shill.
No, definitely not. I would know. He's for real - a major threat to the establishment, and we need to bring him down. I would be grateful if you could emphasise that in any other forums you may use.
Yes he's definitely not an agent of the powers that be, everyone knows the powers that be don't exist and don't have any agents. ...snip
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

It's nice that TPTB have chosen affray as a charge because it's going to f**k up any attempt to employ the freeman "statutes aren't laws without individual consent, I demand a common-law court" bullshit.

Judge: "Mr Feeman Moron... You have been convicted of affray contrary to The Public Order Act 1987 and I sentence you to six months in prison".

Freeman Moron: "I do not consent to or stand under The Public Order Act 1987 and demand to be tried under common-law".

Judge: "Very well... Mr Feeman Moron... You have been convicted of affray contrary to common-law and I sentence you to life imprisonment".

Freeman Moron: "Oh f**k!"

:snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

longdog wrote:It's nice that TPTB have chosen affray as a charge because it's going to f**k up any attempt to employ the freeman "statutes aren't laws without individual consent, I demand a common-law court" bullshit.

Judge: "Mr Feeman Moron... You have been convicted of affray contrary to The Public Order Act 1987 and I sentence you to six months in prison".

Freeman Moron: "I do not consent to or stand under The Public Order Act 1987 and demand to be tried under common-law".

Judge: "Very well... Mr Feeman Moron... You have been convicted of affray contrary to common-law and I sentence you to life imprisonment".

Freeman Moron: "Oh f**k!"

:snicker:
that's because they are geniuses, Ceylon was meant to of tried the of the family crap, till the judge said ok, will keep you locked up till trial, soon became mark again, nothing like sticking to your morals