The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

wanglepin
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by wanglepin »

bagman wrote:here is the radio report about what the locals, the local MP think of the situation,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voB3fo1 ... e=youtu.be
has this been taken down. Whose video was it?
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

I've noticed quite a few posts on these pages becoming increasingly derogatory, referring to sue as sweaty sue, insulting certain people's intelligence etc.

One of the things I liked about this forum is how respectful it's members were. Yes we can all have a bit of a laugh at some of the stupid things some of the people were discussing have done, but personal comments like those serve no purpose. Except to lower our position.

We don't have to respect the people we discuss, or avoid some highlighting of their stupidity. But personal name calling is just petty and childish and only undermines us further.

I may be wasting my time asking other members to refrain from such behaviours, and I hope no one is offended I ask, it's simply that I feel we should be above the sagging matches and the insults we see in many of the sources were discussing. We don't want to turn in to the very thing we're discussing and comments that feel more at place on the school playground in no way advance our position or the respectability of this board.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Jeffrey wrote:Have to scroll backwards to see the Tom section on UK Column.
do you have a link Jeff?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfVWGUd7mw

It's live so you have to go back a few hours.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

hanlons razor wrote:I've noticed quite a few posts on these pages becoming increasingly derogatory, referring to sue as sweaty sue, insulting certain people's intelligence etc.

One of the things I liked about this forum is how respectful it's members were. Yes we can all have a bit of a laugh at some of the stupid things some of the people were discussing have done, but personal comments like those serve no purpose. Except to lower our position.

We don't have to respect the people we discuss, or avoid some highlighting of their stupidity. But personal name calling is just petty and childish and only undermines us further.

I may be wasting my time asking other members to refrain from such behaviours, and I hope no one is offended I ask, it's simply that I feel we should be above the sagging matches and the insults we see in many of the sources were discussing. We don't want to turn in to the very thing we're discussing and comments that feel more at place on the school playground in no way advance our position or the respectability of this board.
Good point. I've even noticed that some seem to think being "short" is of poor character. I'll have to assume they also make fun of the blind and the congenitally deformed perhaps...
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

hanlons razor wrote:I've noticed quite a few posts on these pages becoming increasingly derogatory, referring to sue as sweaty sue, insulting certain people's intelligence etc.

I for one hope you are not wasting your time but i look at it slightly differently.

I do agree with you about the adopted nicknames but it has to be said they do leave themselves wide open at times IMHO and people are simply staggered to the point they find it difficult to be serious when commenting on there latest ramblings.

The other problem is one of the mantels of Goofy land and other places seems to be remain polite and debate, until that is someone who does not follow your mantra disagrees with you. That is why there very good at describing anything they read on here as a personal attack and which allows them the leeway to respond "as they see it" in kind. Tit for Tat then seems to happen, yes we should rise above it but given some of the remarks we read, such as all trolls are facing a law suit and i want there names, is it any wonder people respond in the way they do.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Tom Crawford gets it all wrong again?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom mentions the Judge stated that the reason for changing the charges to affray is that the break in was "more serious" than conspiracy.
I thought the maximum sentence on the conspiracy charge was 5 years but affray was 3 years?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom also claims that the neighbors who are anti-protest consist of 1 couple whose son is in the police and an old lady with dementia.
And everyone else in the close except number 8?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom then goes on to claim that the security at the house are all Muslims and they are holding prayer meetings at the bungalow and get drunk at night.
Really Tom? Getting a bit close to Islamophobia aren't we? Ramadan was 18th June to 17th July this year so if any of the guards were practising Muslims they were especially likely to be at prayer at several times during the day. As for drinking alcohol and dog handlers, let's just for now say unusual.
Jeffrey wrote:Why doesn't Pike just sue Godsmark for defamation and libel. All the "trolls" are doing is quoting the judge, so sue the judge.
Yes, add HHJ Godsmark to the list, that will go down well. Meanwhile, in case I get dragged into all this, I am dusting off my Arkell v Pressdram response.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Tom Crawford gets it all wrong again?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom mentions the Judge stated that the reason for changing the charges to affray is that the break in was "more serious" than conspiracy.
I thought the maximum sentence on the conspiracy charge was 5 years but affray was 3 years?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom also claims that the neighbors who are anti-protest consist of 1 couple whose son is in the police and an old lady with dementia.
And everyone else in the close except number 8?
Jeffrey wrote:Tom then goes on to claim that the security at the house are all Muslims and they are holding prayer meetings at the bungalow and get drunk at night.
Really Tom? Getting a bit close to Islamophobia aren't we? Ramadan was 18th June to 17th July this year so if any of the guards were practising Muslims they were especially likely to be at prayer at several times during the day. As for drinking alcohol and dog handlers, let's just for now say unusual.
Jeffrey wrote:Why doesn't Pike just sue Godsmark for defamation and libel. All the "trolls" are doing is quoting the judge, so sue the judge.
Yes, add HHJ Godsmark to the list, that will go down well. Meanwhile, in case I get dragged into all this, I am dusting off my Arkell v Pressdram response.
Just watched it and Tom can't get anything right, His son was not throwing food up, Craig has stated he was throwing a blanket up because he was worried they were cold. Ginger was the one throwing food up. How the window got involved who knows, maybe it thought it had finally got rid of Tom, heard Craig and smashed itself in case Tom came back with him.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
guilty wrote:Ceylon is promising to tell the GOOFers what really happened:
got out last night so been a little busy but will try and catch up and share what happened
Out of context but "and may be used in evidence against you".
I'll warn you now Ceylon, be careful who you are talking to and remember your bail conditions.
No, go on Ceylon, the criminal banking courts have no jurisdiction over you as a flesh and blood man. You tell it like it is, don't hold back. Contempt? Of course you're full of contempt for their sham courts so let them know exactly how you feel.

Popcorn!

Carry on
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

If one GOODF candidate reconsiders taking the path to ruining their life, we win.

Facts first. Mockery is secondary. We know they're watching.

To the watchers... How many victims have you made? Do you feel the pressing guilt? Do you even know you have led them to ruin?

Nobody in here has let their words of encouragement cause somebody to lose their home. You can't say the same. Every warner you've called a shill was a voice you silenced that could have prevented a loss.

Listen quietly at night. Perhaps you will hear the quiet crying of your concience.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Also to the watchers. Your leaders have fallen. Your biggest voices have left or switched sides out of disgust. While your shepherds have let you sleep, those you claim have been dreaming have lived productive lives. Only now do you learn that you were the ones asleep.

Wake up GOODF sheep and see the world. While you were out the rent was building up and is due now. Better go to work to pay for your dream.

Nothing is free, and your shepherd won't pay the bill.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

LordEd wrote:If one GOODF candidate reconsiders taking the path to ruining their life, we win.

Facts first. Mockery is secondary. We know they're watching.

To the watchers... How many victims have you made? Do you feel the pressing guilt? Do you even know you have led them to ruin?

Nobody in here has let their words of encouragement cause somebody to lose their home. You can't say the same. Every warner you've called a shill was a voice you silenced that could have prevented a loss.

Listen quietly at night. Perhaps you will hear the quiet crying of your concience.
brilliant
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bagman »

lister to this GUY TAYLER, gived all the info the procecution needs.....start at 1h 30mins, get a brew and a biscuit, and watch him grass all the "roof top toss-pots"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aQ-vhkd0s :violin:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

As a "new to the job" moderator I sort of missed this point, but I am in agreement with the above sentiments. It is always an awkward balance but I feel that references like the above to Mrs Crawford will be moderated in future.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

AndyPandy wrote: Are they going to pitch up at the Royal Courts of Justice with a 'Liable' Order in their sweaty mitts, only for Master McCloud to ask 'do you mean Libel' !!
No, it's a writ issued by a grand jury. It says "Shut up you muppet or your liable to get a slap".

See?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

bagman wrote:lister to this GUY TAYLER, gived all the info the procecution needs.....start at 1h 30mins, get a brew and a biscuit, and watch him grass all the "roof top toss-pots"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aQ-vhkd0s :violin:
Guy sounds half cut again & Vin always looks like he's about to piss himself at the Freetard antics. "We took back the house". No Guy you devalued by some 10-15k & your roof top crew where arrested & are due in court on the 10th.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Ole’ Gerrish; he never fails to report what Taylor or Goofer Freemen tell him as fact.
Brian Gerrish:
The judge has taken over the role and “acting as Judge, Jury and taken over the role of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)".

And Crawford looks more ill with every new video he puts out..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfVWGUd7mw
hobgoblin
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by hobgoblin »

Losleones wrote: Guy sounds half cut again & Vin always looks like he's about to piss himself at the Freetard antics. "We took back the house". No Guy you devalued by some 10-15k & your roof top crew where arrested & are due in court on the 10th.
Guy sounds increasingly inebriated as the interview progresses. Wonder how many pints he sunk while talking?
guilty

Post by guilty »

Two of the aggravating factors that are considered in an Affray charge are:
1) it was planned
2) it was in a group
What was that you just blurted out on the radio, Guy?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Thank you razor for raising this, I've been uncomfortable with the insults and some of the mock videos for a while.
While I have nothing to add in terms of investigation and the magnificent work done by others, its always been a pleasure to see freemen and the others dubunked with intelligence, logic and proof.
Let's not stray from that path ( with apologies, salli)