Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by Pox »

AndyPandy wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... bj99oZ4WK0
On the post freelander says he is 'being treated like a criminal by the legal team'

Err... That's because passing a fraudulent cheque means that you are one - get used to it
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

What's the latest on the forum, is anyone actually posting anything ?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Deleted
Last edited by YiamCross on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Did I hear Action Fraud has gone bust today?

Not that they did anything much from what I can work out but does that mean that fraud is now completely risk free? PoE may yet get away with it, damn the man's lucky timing. He must be in league with the devil.
guilty

Post by guilty »

YiamCross wrote:Did I hear Action Fraud has gone bust today?

Not that they did anything much from what I can work out but does that mean that fraud is now completely risk free? PoE may yet get away with it, damn the man's lucky timing. He must be in league with the devil.
BSS, the call centre operatives, have gone into liquidation. Their contract to run the Action Fraud service was due to expire in December 2015. It hasn't proved very effective. There are many other reporting avenues and Peter has been reported to most of them.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

guilty wrote:
YiamCross wrote:Did I hear Action Fraud has gone bust today?

BSS, the call centre operatives, have gone into liquidation. Their contract to run the Action Fraud service was due to expire in December 2015. It hasn't proved very effective. There are many other reporting avenues and Peter has been reported to most of them.
So back to virtually risk free, then.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

AndyPandy wrote:What's the latest on the forum, is anyone actually posting anything ?
If you mean the private WeRe Bank forum, the following posts have been logged over the past 24 hours or so (plus a handful of "hello from new member" posts):

In "Personal debts", a member owes their brother about £15k, and wonders if that debt could be paid with a WeRe cheque. (The advice is "no".)

In "People saying Take Were bank to court", member 150180SW correctly points out that Peter's reading of BoE 1882 is wrong.

In "Clearence", a conversation illuminates the fact that Peter "clearing" a cheque means merely that the account is debited, not that the payee has been paid.

In "Bills of Exchange Act 1882", 020859DS regurgitates Peter's garbage about BoE.

In "Santander", 120175JR reports that Santander won't take his cheque (possibly to pay a entire mortgage).

In "Ticket system not working for me", members report exactly that. I particularly enjoyed:
020670KM wrote:I am still waiting for replies on 2 tickets raised, numbers #237770. and #711282. COULD ADMIN please do the right thing by members and reply to these? It seems that lack of communication is going to let this whole venture fall flat on it's face! Would be such a shame really.................
In "I give up", members complain about getting no cheque books or anything for their fiat money.

In "Council Tax - Bank states invalid cheque", another member reports the same.

In "Sending a WeRe cheque to pay of Buy to let Mortgage", a member advises another:
013157CB wrote:demand your check back, if they keep it, your mortgage has been paid off
Overall, I would say that morale has declined on the forum. There are now very few posts that display even a flicker of hope. Admin has been silent for over a week.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

littleFred wrote:
Overall, I would say that morale has declined on the forum. There are now very few posts that display even a flicker of hope. Admin has been silent for over a week.
I fear morale on that forum may be about to go into vertical free fall as it is now becoming apparent that Local Councils are not just returning WeRe bank cheques and removing the chance to pay by DD, but are also heading down the court, we want the full amount now route.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

But Jimmyw was so sure he'd successfully paid his council tax with a WeRe cheque. Chong too. Surely they won't be finding themselves with council summonses to ignore, will they?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Bones! At last! Recognition! That is you poking a tentacle out of the box, isn't it?

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... bksbvlVhBc
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

YiamCross wrote:But Jimmyw was so sure he'd successfully paid his council tax with a WeRe cheque. Chong too. Surely they won't be finding themselves with council summonses to ignore, will they?
As i mentioned before I have worked in a Council Benefits/Tax dept and thought the reason for the lack of further collection letters and stops being put on accounts (which is why they were claiming they had cleared) is because the cheques were going to the Fraud Departments. I got the time frame wrong though, I thought it would take longer, they must have got a fair few into the system. The Councils come down heavy on fraud, especially if it is easily proved.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I don't know who GOOFy Chong is on the private WeRe forum.

JimmyW, member 310574JW, has posted only twice on the WeRe forum, both in "PN not showing on MY Re MOVEMENT HISTORY", on 30 June, asking how to add the promissory note to his account. Perhaps he is a contented customer, with no further need to post on the forum. But on GOODF he enthusiastically supports WeRe, so why doesn't he add to the very short threads of "success stories" on the WeRe forum? A cynic might think all his cheques have now bounced, but he is too embarrassed to report it.

Doubtless morale will improve when Peter starts issuing gold notes this Saturday. Doubtless he has been too busy with his John Bull printing set to respond in the forum.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

It would be helpful to non-UK readers if somebody could explain what the "council" is and what council taxes are. I have a UK background so I have a vague idea but most North American readers probably have no clue whatever about what you are discussing.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Council = Local government.

In effect you pay Council Tax to pay for local services and the money gets divided up between any or all of the county, city, town, borough and parish depending on how the local government in your area is arranged.

The amount you pay depends on the nominal value of the place where you live and the level of taxation in your area. It is paid by the occupier of the premises rather than the owner, unless the property is unoccupied in which case the owner pays a reduced rate, and there are various reductions, exemptions and benefits that apply to single occupiers, full time students, the poor and so on.
Last edited by longdog on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Burnaby49 wrote:It would be helpful to non-UK readers if somebody could explain what the "council" is and what council taxes are. I have a UK background so I have a vague idea but most North American readers probably have no clue whatever about what you are discussing.
The council is the local government in the area where you live. Council tax pays for local services such as planning, transport, highways, police, fire, libraries, leisure and recreation, garbage collection and disposal, environmental health and trading standards. It's a local property tax, and the amount you pay is based on a notional valuation of your property.

The GOOFYs want to have the benefit of all the services, but not pay for them. Personally, I wish it would work for them so that their bins aren't emptied, they aren't allowed to use the library or the local swimming pool or leisure centre, nothing is done if their neighbours are dumping rubbish on their land, and if their house is on fire it's left to burn down.
longdog

Post by longdog »

PS: Because Council Tax is a tax and not a contract like the footlers think / hope / pretend it is you can be jailed for wilfully refusing to pay as happened to Roger 'Lawful Bank' Hayes.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

longdog wrote:Council = Local government.
I think over your way you refer to them as municipal taxes.
Warning may contain traces of nut
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

YiamCross wrote:Bones! At last! Recognition! That is you poking a tentacle out of the box, isn't it?

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... bksbvlVhBc
Is that meant to be funny, because I don't see the joke, then again maybe I'm not as a hip a cat as watsonsdog.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

longdog wrote:Council = Local government.

In effect you pay Council Tax to pay for local services and the money gets divided up between any or all of the county, city, town, borough and parish depending on how the local government in your area is arranged.

The amount you pay depends on the nominal value of the place where you live and the level of taxation in your area. It is paid by the occupier of the premises rather than the owner, unless the property is unoccupied in which case the owner pays a reduced rate, and there are various reductions, exemptions and benefits that apply to single occupiers, full time students, the poor and so on.
Council Tax for the old timers who have long ago emigrated replaced the old rates system, the occupier as mentioned above is responsible for paying it, but unlike the old rates system every adult over the age of 18 is liable for Council tax, so the amount you pay depends on the number of adults you have in the house.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

littleFred wrote:I don't know who GOOFy Chong is on the private WeRe forum.

JimmyW, member 310574JW, has posted only twice on the WeRe forum, both in "PN not showing on MY Re MOVEMENT HISTORY", on 30 June, asking how to add the promissory note to his account. Perhaps he is a contented customer, with no further need to post on the forum. But on GOODF he enthusiastically supports WeRe, so why doesn't he add to the very short threads of "success stories" on the WeRe forum? A cynic might think all his cheques have now bounced, but he is too embarrassed to report it.

Doubtless morale will improve when Peter starts issuing gold notes this Saturday. Doubtless he has been too busy with his John Bull printing set to respond in the forum.
I cant make up my mind where he is or when or if he will re-appear. The way there talking on the other forums about being contacted by legal teams instead of Collection Depts and the speed that has happened suggests that maybe his cryptic "laying low" message on FB was indeed code for sticking to my bail conditions.