The Brown appellate case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

The Brown appellate case

Post by Demosthenes »

is officially closed.
9/17/07 JUDGMENT entered by closing case by default.(fee) [1288499-1] [07-1724] On June 29, 2007, and July 27, 2007, this court issued orders directing the appellant to either pay the filing fees of $455.00, or to file a motion and compliant financial affidavit for in forma pauperis status in the district court. Appellant was notified that failure to take any action would result in this appeal being dismissed in accordance with Local Rule 3.0(b). A review of the district court docket does not reflect the payment of the filing fees, nor did the appellant respond to this court in writing regarding the outstanding fee issue. This appeal, therefore, is dismissed for lack of prosecution in accordance with Local Rule 3.0(b). (dona) [07-1724]
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: The Brown appellate case

Post by LPC »

9/17/07 JUDGMENT entered by closing case by default.(fee) [1288499-1] [07-1724] On June 29, 2007, and July 27, 2007, this court issued orders directing the appellant to either pay the filing fees of $455.00, or to file a motion and compliant financial affidavit for in forma pauperis status in the district court.
Of course, the appellants (Browns) never received copies of those orders, because the post office had stopped delivering mail.

One of the many problems in trying to maintain an appeal pro se while a fugitive from justice.

(Not that it really makes any difference, when the Browns had decided not to appeal and didn't actually file the appeal at issue.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:Of course, the appellants (Browns) never received copies of those orders, because the post office had stopped delivering mail.

One of the many problems in trying to maintain an appeal pro se while a fugitive from justice.

(Not that it really makes any difference, when the Browns had decided not to appeal and didn't actually file the appeal at issue.)
But after the Browns end up in prison, I could see them filing an appeal based on that fact that the US government prevented them from receiving court notices.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The Observer wrote:
LPC wrote:Of course, the appellants (Browns) never received copies of those orders, because the post office had stopped delivering mail.

But after the Browns end up in prison, I could see them filing an appeal based on that fact that the US government prevented them from receiving court notices.
Ah...the old "Kill-Your-Parents-And-Then-Throw-Yourself-On-The-Mercy-Of-The-Court-Because-You're-An-Orphan" dodge.

Didn't the Menendez Brothers try that ploy once?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros