The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by vampireLOREN »

bagman wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:Obviously the Crawford's have no understanding of what is meant by "kerbside delivery". It is their stuff it is down to them to stack it.
Why is it that everything they do they do wrong? Have they at some time in the past pressed the self destruct button?
Just born stupid......I guess :thinking:
NO-ONE CAN BE BORN THAT STUPID, IT TAKES YEARS AND YEARS OF WATCHING "FREE-TARD, GOODF, CEYLON" VIDEOS TO HAVE YOUR MIND THAT WIPED CLEAR OF ALL RATIONAL THOUGHT :snicker:
Sorry, nope They are the real deal All Natural Organic Stupid People! 8)
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
daveBeeston

Post by daveBeeston »

letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike They've had 3 helicopters over head so far lol
7 mins · Like · 1

Seriously that woman is deluded why would Nottingham Police go to the vast expense of putting up 3 Helicopters to oversee the delivery of a van full of belongings.

Just when you think they cannot get anymore ridiculous they pull this sort of thing out the hat....

PS..As i speak there are spookily a couple of Choppers(Chinooks) flying towards/over my house are the army after me/monitoring me.....Oh wait i live a few miles from Chetwynd barracks so nothing to worry about.

Edit
Colour me embarrassed the choppers were not Chinooks just very low flying regular choppers (in my defence i was in my man cave and normally the only chopppers that past by are Chinooks from the barracks).
Last edited by daveBeeston on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Obviously the Crawford's have no understanding of what is meant by "kerbside delivery". It is their stuff it is down to them to stack it.
Why is it that everything they do they do wrong? Have they at some time in the past pressed the self destruct button? There really should be a fly-on-the-wall documentary made of this family. It would be the funniest show on TV
Professional victims mate, even his cancer operation had " many mistakes"....there are issues over Sue's mums passing , the banks, the cops, security, delivery men have all got it in for them.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Amanda Pike Mum and dad ...... its hard for them to talk x
They have a problem with reading, writing, English comprehension and numeracy too.
I'll bet if he'd slipped the driver and his mate £10 or £20 each it would all have got unloaded without any fuss, but Tom, being a Crawford was probably going "That's marked" "That scratch wasn't there before" "That wasn't like that when I last saw it" etc. etc. In turn the delivery men were wishing they could unload everything with pitchforks.
As for the Police helicopter, paranoid much? I heard the Police helicopter - it must be keeping an eye on the Crawfords it serves no other purpose.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Why is it that everything they do they do wrong? Have they at some time in the past pressed the self destruct button? There really should be a fly-on-the-wall documentary made of this family. It would be the funniest show on TV

So when the movers show up without instructions to put the furniture and household goods in the storage Amanda's idea of problem solving is to try to call out to the goodfers to show up and help. It's not clear whether "help" meant they are being asked to haul the stuff into storage or come around and do the usual we-are-Tom thing and yell at the movers.

Never having seen a goodfer lift anything over 12 ounces I fear the latter was expected.

Effective problem solving would have been to have called the moving company a few days before delivery and get the details about the delivery? If the deal was that the movers weren't going to put the stuff in the storage then the Crawfords needed to have recruited or hired more help.

Failing that they could have done some on-site problem solving . . .try to get the movers to pitch in. . .or call some friends who need to train for their next encounter with the police.

But, let's be frank. . .the Crawfords are too busy whining about this and that and playing their dysfunctional role in the goodfer subculture to really get anything straight.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Amanda Pike Family on way home later tonight they'll update. Theres no way they could check it all right now but they can already see that stuff is missing. Shocker. Utter scum!

Amanda Pike ps, that ugly bird with the awful nose and gigantic bun was there again, hair down this time but theres no mistaking that mug of hers lol but its okay we know who she is now ( thanks to our whistle blower, you know who you are wink emoticon mawh!) so shes now on the top of our security list to prosecute first, shes been there at every turn so its only fair she be first lol!
Last edited by letissier14 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike Family on way home later tonight they'll update. Theres no way they could check it all right now but they can already see that stuff is missing. Shocker. Utter scum!
If they cannot check all their stuff right now, it would be premature to say stuff is missing, it just may be in with other things.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
guilty

Post by guilty »

arayder wrote:Never having seen a goodfer lift anything over 12 ounces I fear the latter was expected.
Guy Taylor lifts 20 ounces many times a day.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
NG3

Post by NG3 »

daveBeeston wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike They've had 3 helicopters over head so far lol
7 mins · Like · 1
Seriously that woman is deluded why would Nottingham Police go to the vast expense of putting up 3 Helicopters to oversee the delivery of a van full of belongings.
IIRC we only have one police helicopter, that I think we share with Derby, so I suspect she's either misspelt pigeon as helicopter, or she's been influenced by pork farms...
NG3

Post by NG3 »

letissier14 wrote: Craig Crawford If these actions over the past month aren't a call to rise up and kick some fucking arse.. I don't know what is!?!?!?!?
Given the current legal situation I hope no one reports that to the police...
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Amanda infers that the powers that be are so intent on messing up their lives that they conspired with the movers to lose and damage their household goods. And the the police were in on it too since, according to Amanda, they deployed helicopters in the event a goodfer riot broke out over missing end tables and broken lamps.

So, I guess, for the next several days we are going to be treated to forum messages, Facebook posts and threatened goodfer paperwork over Deliverygate.

I swear Tom and his family are the biggest whiners I have ever seen. I realize they are under pressure and aren't making good decisions. But this sort of blame-the-world-for-all-my problems thing seems to be learned behavior the family has been showing over the years.

I can't imagine the difficulty there would be in trying to work with or do any business with any of them. Missed calls and appointments, damaged goods, unexpected charges, cost over runs, misunderstandings and all the problems that the business world is heir to would, in the case of the Crawfords, arise to the level of a constitutional crisis.

One has to wonder if the goodfer world is going to eventually suffer "Crawford fatigue".
longdog

Post by longdog »

guilty wrote: My Mum and Dad are in their 80's (which might engender some sympathy from youthful delivery drivers) but Mum always gets her deliveries taken into the house by them. She makes a point of smiling and being grateful for their help. She offers cups of tea and biscuits, chats away, and tries to press fivers into their hands (usually given back to her with good humour). Delivery van leaves, with smiles and waves from the driver.
It's not difficult to be nice. Life is so much better that way.
Absolutely... I have been a truck driver, van driver and such like many times in my life and the majority of customers (and drivers) are polite, helpful and considerate. I would always be happy to give that little bit of extra customer service if they were civil. If they were obnoxious, impolite or worse still the pompous "I make the rules round here and I'll get to you when I feel like it" store-men I took the attitude of "F**k you... I'll take it back then".

Did it not occur to these idiots that if they had succeeded in calling out their lynch-mob the driver would have quite justifiably got back in the van and left with whatever was on the van still on the van and the storage company would refuse to deliver again.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Never having seen a goodfer lift anything over 12 ounces I fear the latter was expected.
You're just showing your ignorance of local custom and falsely disparaging the GOODF crowd with that comment Arayder. Beer in British pubs is sold in 20 ounce pints and they have frequently demonstrated that they can lift those with no difficulty whatever.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
biglee
Swabby
Swabby

Post by biglee »

Hi
this is my first post.
I would assume any loss/damage to Crawfords belongings,would be countered by the bill they will be getting for the cost of the eviction, storage, security.
and of course the storming and recapture of Crawford towers.
(Should reduce the bill by a tenner then!) :sarcasmon:
NG3

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote:If they were obnoxious.
I find that while polite is appreciated generally just not being obnoxious gets the job done. Most drivers I've known are used to most moods so it requires work to truly piss them off.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike Family on way home later tonight they'll update. Theres no way they could check it all right now but they can already see that stuff is missing. Shocker. Utter scum!

Amanda Pike ps, that ugly bird with the awful nose and gigantic bun was there again, hair down this time but theres no mistaking that mug of hers lol but its okay we know who she is now ( thanks to our whistle blower, you know who you are wink emoticon mawh!) so shes now on the top of our security list to prosecute first, shes been there at every turn so its only fair she be first lol!
Mrs Pike is very unpleasant .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

biglee wrote:Hi
this is my first post.
I would assume any loss/damage to Crawfords belongings,would be countered by the bill they will be getting for the cost of the eviction, storage, security.
and of course the storming and recapture of Crawford towers.
(Should reduce the bill by a tenner then!) :sarcasmon:
Welcome BigLee :D
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

arayder wrote: One has to wonder if the goodfer world is going to eventually suffer "Crawford fatigue".
I think the problem is going to be twofold, for one the Crawfords expect to be able to generate an army of supporters angry mob at the drop of a Panama although the supporters angry mob doesn't get anything for it's help.

This is going to raise a sense of entitlement in the Crawfords, making them feel and behave like gang bosses. One could easily imagine Tom standing up to the deliverymen telling them that they had better do as he says or he'll have thousands here to make them. Which is going to lead to their behaviour becoming all the more obnoxious.

At the same time individuals within the mob are likely to tire of constantly being asked to make time to help the Crawfords, especially when given short notice and may ask to be let in on details so they can plan out their days. This is likely going to lead to accusations and infighting, with the Crawfords removing supporters from their own ranks or other members of the mob chasing them out.

If they keep this up I would wager that they stand a very good chance of managing to lose their home and also piss off everyone who would be their friend through behaviour that is petulant, arrogant and childish. However in the meantime we have to remember that some people have shown themselves willing (or have been idiotic enough to fail to consider the consequences) to risk serious jail time for the Crawfords. That is evidence of a degree of power over the mob. People are harming themselves for the Crawfords and the Crawfords are enjoying their time in the limelight.
Warning may contain traces of nut
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

vampireLOREN wrote: Mrs Pike is very unpleasant .
What would Sgt Wilson say...
Warning may contain traces of nut
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
You're just showing your ignorance of local custom and falsely disparaging the GOODF crowd with that comment Arayder. Beer in British pubs is sold in 20 ounce pints.
Not if it's light ale :haha:

Kaboom-Tish...

I'll get me coat.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?