The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by longdog »

PeanutGallery wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote: Mrs Pike is very unpleasant .
What would Sgt Wilson say...
"Gently Mavis" :D
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

biglee wrote:Hi
this is my first post.
I would assume any loss/damage to Crawfords belongings,would be countered by the bill they will be getting for the cost of the eviction, storage, security.
and of course the storming and recapture of Crawford towers.
(Should reduce the bill by a tenner then!) :sarcasmon:

Welcome BigLee, To be honest I think there is little they can probably do. Had they been cooperative during the eviction, they would perhaps have had the opportunity to document the goods while being packed up. I am not sure now that everything is unloaded, how they would be able to show when the damage happened, and who caused it. Not saying they did, but I would not put it past them to destroy some of their own items to claim compensation. So I really doubt they will have any claim against the movers or banks, or would have a difficult time proving their case.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

NYGman wrote:So I really doubt they will have any claim against the movers or banks, or would have a difficult time proving their case.
It was a "goodwill" delivery. The deadline had passed, the goods could have been destroyed, so anything is better than nothing, and the court would dismiss.

Once again the Crawford's lack of cooperation and common sense has undermined nobody but themselves.
biglee
Swabby
Swabby

Post by biglee »

Thanx for the welcome
Just because they won't have a claim, or the ability to prove liability it won't stop their cracking legal team from coming up with some argument
don't forget there is a chicken still missing!! :snicker:
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote:So I really doubt they will have any claim against the movers or banks, or would have a difficult time proving their case.
During my brief stint as a removals driver back in the 80s our contacts had a lot of get-clauses which essentially came down to the customer agreeing to the fact that things will inevitably get broken in a move and we weren't liable for breakages unless we had been grossly negligent. We had no way of knowing what was in the boxes we shifted and whether or not it was broken before we even walked through the door.

We also specifically stated that high value / sentimental value items had to be individually listed and insured (at their expense) or the customer should carry them themselves.

Or we would list pack, move, unpack and insure everything but that was horrendously expensive.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bagman »

biglee wrote:Thanx for the welcome
Just because they won't have a claim, or the ability to prove liability it won't stop their cracking legal team from coming up with some argument
THE CHICKEN IS IN THE GUARD DOG :Axe: :haha:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

But, but, but, they will have told their insurers what was happening and where the goods were being stored, surely. :sarcasmon:

Separately, yes I can see a split between Crawford hangers-on and other GOODFers and similar activists. It's started already. I can see a lot of activists being interested in causes like stopping repossessions and evictions but not turning out because the Crawfords can't carry some furniture 20 yards. We still have plenty of entertainment to come, although it will be in fits and starts. For instance, I can't see all the people currently involved being able to keep their mouths shut and for those concerned, to stick to bail conditions, current or future.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
biglee
Swabby
Swabby

Post by biglee »

bagman wrote:
biglee wrote:Thanx for the welcome
THE CHICKEN IS IN THE GUARD DOG :Axe: :haha:
I hope the guard dog is under protective custody. awaiting an appearance in front of a common law grand jury in a back room of a seedy pub :violin:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

PeanutGallery wrote:
arayder wrote: One has to wonder if the goodfer world is going to eventually suffer "Crawford fatigue".
I think the problem is going to be twofold, for one the Crawfords expect to be able to generate an army of supporters angry mob at the drop of a Panama although the supporters angry mob doesn't get anything for it's help.

This is going to raise a sense of entitlement in the Crawfords, making them feel and behave like gang bosses. One could easily imagine Tom standing up to the deliverymen telling them that they had better do as he says or he'll have thousands here to make them...
Which is, of course, exactly what he said to the police during the eviction. He also threatened to put the carrier out of business by organising a boycott of the company.

Tom increasingly appears to revel in his notoriety within the FoTLer community.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
whitehat
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by whitehat »

I have been on secondment so spent today catching up, a lot of catching up. The entertainment value is priceless.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Which is, of course, exactly what he said to the police during the eviction. He also threatened to put the carrier out of business by organising a boycott of the company.

Tom increasingly appears to revel in his notoriety within the FoTLer community.
I wonder if there is a mathematical formula that can express how the larger his threats become the less power he has to deliver on them?

When he was poor humble Tom thousands did actually (misguidedly) care, but Führer Tom has an ever dwindling support base (about 30 at court including 6 defendants and their families?)
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

PeanutGallery wrote:
arayder wrote: One has to wonder if the goodfer world is going to eventually suffer "Crawford fatigue".
PeanutGallery wrote:. . .the Crawfords expect to be able to generate an army of supporters angry mob at the drop of a Panama although the supporters angry mob doesn't get anything for it's help.

This is going to raise a sense of entitlement in the Crawfords, making them feel and behave like gang bosses. One could easily imagine Tom standing up to the deliverymen telling them that they had better do as he says or he'll have thousands here to make them. . . .
That's sort of what Tommy did at the eviction. When the moving van showed up he walked up to the cab and shouted that his minions were going to boycott their business. What a blow to business, eh? In reality Tom's making business for them by going around telling folks they can stop paying their mortgages.
PeanutGallery wrote:. . .the mob are likely to tire of constantly being asked to make time to help the Crawfords,. . .This is likely going to lead to accusations and infighting, with the Crawfords removing supporters from their own ranks or other members of the mob chasing them out.
There are rumors of former Tom-hangers-on who are already falling out with the family. It doesn't sound like Amanda is one to mend fences.
PeanutGallery wrote:If they keep this up I would wager that they stand a very good chance of managing to lose their home and also piss off everyone who would be their friend through behaviour that is petulant, arrogant and childish.
At this point everything the Crawfords touch turns to shinola. I understand they are living in the deceased mother-in-law's house. My money is on them finding a way to lose that too.
PeanutGallery wrote:However in the meantime we have to remember that some people have shown themselves willing (or have been idiotic enough to fail to consider the consequences) to risk serious jail time for the Crawfords. That is evidence of a degree of power over the mob. People are harming themselves for the Crawfords and the Crawfords are enjoying their time in the limelight.
The biggest mistake freemen gurus (Tom is now playing that roll) make is dissing one of their followers who, upon following their instructions to the letter, ends up in trouble. Tom's going around telling folks to follow his example. He can get away with them failing as long as he blames it on the powers that be and the "corrupt courts".

But as soon as he starts blaming the "client" he'll go the way of Eldon Warman, Robert Menard and Peter of England who all made the mistake of exclaiming that the failures of their methods where due to their ignorant clients.

Tom's just dumb enough to do so.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

And Amanda going the same way. Anyone else reminded of Miranda Richardson's Elizabeth I?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NG3

Post by NG3 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I can't see all the people currently involved being able to keep their mouths shut and for those concerned, to stick to bail conditions, current or future.
Whilst Ceylon has claimed his phone and laptop are bugged, and the police are so out to get him that they actually tried to murder him when he was causing his affray, the truth is they are low level wasters that the police have little interest in.

Look at Craig's quoted comment from earlier. Clear violent incitement by someone on bail for a crime related to an affray, breach of bail and an easy remand to custody, if they wanted it, but I bet they don't even bother to speak to him about it.

They know it's endgame now, and the Crawford's have lost.
whitehat
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by whitehat »

I'm sure the mathematical formula for the doubling time of his stupidity would be easier to work out.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Never having seen a goodfer lift anything over 12 ounces I fear the latter was expected.
You're just showing your ignorance of local custom and falsely disparaging the GOODF crowd with that comment Arayder. Beer in British pubs is sold in 20 ounce pints and they have frequently demonstrated that they can lift those with no difficulty whatever.
I stand corrected. But this might explain why the goodfers didn't show up to lift Tommy's furniture. . . too busy doing 20 oz. curls?

Frankly, I think the crowd of whining pansies (my apologies to real pansies) needs to get some physical training before their next shoving match with the police. The video of the July 2 eviction showed them to be badly over matched by the police.

They need to lift a lot of couches and do some road work before the rematch.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote:
This is going to raise a sense of entitlement in the Crawfords, making them feel and behave like gang bosses.
Yes we have already seen signs of that Peanut. When the removal men turned up at the eviction Crawford warned them;
"touch one stick of furniture and I will have 600 people here in minutes".
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike They've had 3 helicopters over head so far lol
7 mins · Like · 1

Really ???? :snicker:
As far as I can tell there is only one police helicopter covering both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire constabularies.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Amanda Pike They've had 3 helicopters over head so far lol
7 mins · Like · 1

Really ???? :snicker:
As far as I can tell there is only one police helicopter covering both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire constabularies.

It's all done with mirrors :)
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

I've just uploaded my first video to YouTube. In fact it's the first video that I've ever made. According to YouTube, it's still saving the thumbnail but it's been saying that for over and hour so I may have to give up. Anyway, see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69znTP ... e=youtu.be