Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Slightly disappointed that it's only a community order so I thought i"d check why this might have been deemed appropriate:

From Gov.UK: https://www.gov.uk/community-sentences/overview

You may get a community sentence if:
the court thinks you’re more likely to stop committing crime than if you go to prison - don't think so
it’s the first time you have committed a crime - definitely not
you have a mental health condition that affects your behaviour - ah, ok then
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bungle wrote:
Hot off the press and from a 'very reliable' source:

This morning at Hereford Magistrate Court Guy Taylor had the following sentence imposed against him:

12 month Community Order

150 hours of community work

Restraining Order not to go near Bodenham Manor or its owner (Mr Davies
Looks like the legal consultant could have done with a legal consultant.
£1,000 Fine
WeRe cheque?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
£1,000 Fine
WeRe cheque?
Nah, this is Guy Taylor. He'll probably send them a 'true bill' for his hours of community service and ask them to deduct the £1,000 and give him the rest.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Slightly disappointed that it's only a community order so I thought i"d check why this might have been deemed appropriate:

From Gov.UK: https://www.gov.uk/community-sentences/overview

You may get a community sentence if:
the court thinks you’re more likely to stop committing crime than if you go to prison - don't think so
it’s the first time you have committed a crime - definitely not
you have a mental health condition that affects your behaviour - ah, ok then
Me thinks that the real reason why he wasn't sent down was because the Magistrates know that those in prison become martyrs and possibly even heroes.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

="Bungle"
Me thinks that the real reason why he wasn't sent down was because the Magistrates know that those in prison become martyrs and possibly even heroes.
Not to mention while he is out he can continue with his eviction legal member stuff and that can only help the courts. In fact he maybe could claim it as his Community Service.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

None payment of the fine could still lead to a (woefully short) stay at her majesty's pleasure...

And ours too.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
guilty

Post by guilty »

Skeleton wrote: Not to mention while he is out he can continue with his eviction legal member stuff and that can only help the courts. In fact he maybe could claim it as his Community Service.
He can't choose what to do for Community Service. Court officers will decide.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

guilty wrote:
Skeleton wrote: Not to mention while he is out he can continue with his eviction legal member stuff and that can only help the courts. In fact he maybe could claim it as his Community Service.
He can't choose what to do for Community Service. Court officers will decide.
I know where some garden tidying needs doing.....
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

They wouldn't dare........ but it would be bloody funny if they did. :)
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

150 hrs of Community work eh. If he's a member of the Re movement he could pay down the Note more swiftly. :haha:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

PeanutGallery wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:
£1,000 Fine
WeRe cheque?
Nah, this is Guy Taylor. He'll probably send them a 'true bill' for his hours of community service and ask them to deduct the £1,000 and give him the rest.
He has put himself in the position, what else can he do? climb down? just accept it? Nope the boy is going to be himself .
For myself....I say good, let him.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bungle wrote:
Hot off the press and from a 'very reliable' source:

This morning at Hereford Magistrate Court Guy Taylor had the following sentence imposed against him:

12 month Community Order

150 hours of community work

Restraining Order not to go near Bodenham Manor or its owner (Mr Davies
Looks like the legal consultant could have done with a legal consultant.
£1,000 Fine
WeRe cheque?
It is an interesting verdict, and is actually quite severe. The DJ handing that down must have been considering Custody, it shows that if an advocate represented Guido he/she must have made a decent representation for their client. If Young Guido acted for himself well done, Community work is set by the Probation service and in most cases involves weekend working. The hours are usually between 08:00 to 16:00 one day at a time, it involves physical work and a standard is expected and monitored. Failure to complete one session involves an interview with the Probation service failure to complete two or more books you up an appointment in court. 150 hours is going to take up a lot of time usually spent "righting wrongs" and "saving homes"........assuming he actually intends to do it?. £1000 fine?? now that shows the level of a problem the Court judged various actions. I will be interested to see how this progresses. :thinking:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hey, maybe while he's doing his community service, he can make friends with a bunch of foul mouthed young people in a diversionary program. And then maybe there'll be a big storm that'll give them all super powers. While others will gain the ability to defy the laws of physics, he'll simply defy the laws of Parliament.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Apart from being Tom Crawford's legal consultant does Guy Taylor have a regular income?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Apart from being Tom Crawford's legal consultant does Guy Taylor have a regular income?
Doubt that given his criminal record. I wonder when he starts his Community Service coz that would be hilarious if someone uploads a video of Guy doing something worthwhile for a change. So he's about to build up a sweat scrubbing away at graffiti & other arduous tasks.......better hope there's a nearby boozer on his lunch break. :haha:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

I don't believe Guy Taylor will do his community service.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

wanglepin wrote:I don't believe Guy Taylor will do his community service.
Given that he has previous convictions and already been to prison i can't see it, I can see him trying to wheedle his way out of it, ill health etc, but deliberately not do it? Very doubtful, but we can only hope he does just say he is not doing it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Millionaire lord of the manner to lord of sweet f**k all unpaid graffiti scrubber...

Oh how the mighty have fallen. :haha:

Given that he has previous convictions and already been to prison i can't see it
I see it the other way... It's going to take him two years to work off his 'debt to society' one saturday at a time and depending on how bad he thought doing porridge was the last time I can see him saying "F**k it... I'll do the time instead".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I expect a man like Guy Taylor could do time "standing on his head". Which is all his head is good for. Standing on.
guilty

Post by guilty »

longdog wrote:I see it the other way... It's going to take him two years to work off his 'debt to society' one saturday at a time and depending on how bad he thought doing porridge was the last time I can see him saying "F**k it... I'll do the time instead".
It's a 12 month order. He has to complete the 150 hours within 12 months. If he is not currently employed he will be expected to work on weekdays.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."