Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by NYGman »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Posted by ceylon on godf
https://youtu.be/6h2VFOMCNJM
For those of us at work without YouTube access, can someone provide a summary of the video.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Posted by ceylon on godf
https://youtu.be/6h2VFOMCNJM
I see the Bradley rumour is being hinted at in the comments. I've never checked to verify it but it seems to appear in an increasing number of places.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Losleones wrote:...let's hope Ceylon is among them providing frisky inmates with his pony tail for some leverage :snicker:

OK.... I've held off saying this because I'm stiil a bit of a n00b but I've got a few pints of rather excellent draft IPA inside me and I'm in a mildly stroppy mood so now I'm going to say it...

RAPE IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.

I'm sick to the f**king back teeth of people on here, who really should know better, making 'hope he drops the soap in the shower' comments about people who might very well end up doing porridge. It's exactly the sort of infantile shite I expect from the people we are supposed to be exposing / taking the piss out of, not from people I generally have respect for.

Perhaps rape has never impacted you and yours... In which case good f**king luck to you and yours, but if you have ever experienced, even vicariously, the appalling effects that rape has on people you wouldn't be making such utterly asinine comments so do everybody a favour and either keep your gobs shut or f**k off.

Thank you.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:
Losleones wrote:...let's hope Ceylon is among them providing frisky inmates with his pony tail for some leverage :snicker:
OK.... I've held off saying this because I'm stiil a bit of a n00b but I've got a few pints of rather excellent draft IPA inside me and I'm in a mildly stroppy mood so now I'm going to say it...

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. To wish rape upon someone as a deserved or fitting 'lesson' is barbaric. I don't think people here actually mean that in reality, it's just a common term of coarse rhetoric. But we wouldn't say it about women or children, so we shouldn't say it about men.

I think you should edit the later part of your post, when you've metabolised that IPA. The point was well made without the effing and jeffing... :naughty:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
longdog

Post by longdog »

If I was that drunk I wouldn't have **ed my swearing. :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

YiamCross wrote:I'm prepared to bet Ceylon is in his back garden or hanging out of the window of his house. He doesn't have the balls to break bail, no way he'd last 5 minutes in one of HMPs prisions. He just wants to taunt the trolls, I think he means us, to report him so he can then make another video proving that he was at home and is the victim of some kind of vendetta. Good luck with that one.
Only just seen the video in question. It actually looks 100% genuine. He appears to be on the path alongside the river where the riverside festival was, and the timings work as well (it would be late enough for it to be dark to have the fireworks). The only downside is we can't clearly see the face of the person on the video (well i couldn't anyway) so there's always a chance it could be claimed it was any body but the man himself.

This means there's one of three scenarios likely,

1: there is no order in place.

2: the order in place is different to what has been reported

3:Ceylon is in breach of bail.

I can't imagine any dispensation would have been given for such an event, and the above is predicated on the principle the video is as it claims to be and is not doctored or over dubbed in anyway. Whilst we could all hope for the latter, my inclination would be to assume the second of the above giving him the benefit of the doubt. I can't see him flouting his conditions given how quickly he allegedly dropped all the freeman woo, well there's always a chance I suppose... maybe he does genuinely feel he is immune.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

longdog wrote:If I was that drunk I wouldn't have **ed my swearing. :snicker:

And I second your sentiment. Rape or sexual assault is in no way a joke or something to be laughed at. Whilst we can all hope certain people get their comeuppance, that would be of the suitable legal type. Not a violent hideous crime.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

In many respects, the UK branch of Quatloos has become more infantile, more prone to ad hominem attacks, more pointless, more vengeful, more profane, than even GOODF. It has become just another place for taking pot-shots at "the others".

If you disagree with me, that's fine. Prove it by posting something relevant and useful to the thread.

If you agree, that's also fine. Continue making relevant and useful posts to the thread.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

To be honest I think it's easy to rise to the bait and eventually succumb to the temptation to flick back a little of the shit that's been thrown this way. Sure, it's not big or clever to descend to their level but it's an easy trap to fall into. My only complaint is when the response lacks wit.

Frankly I hadn't really seen the pony tail comment as a reference to rape, I'd have thought he'd have been an eager participant but then didn't really pay much attention to the comment as it had little to commend it as either witty or informative. I agree, though, if taken that way it is rather abhorrent.

I also think that a private message would have been a better way to deal with the matter than a drunken rant on an open forum but that's just my opinion.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

longdog wrote:

I'm sick to the f**king back teeth of people on here, who really should know better, making 'hope he drops the soap in the shower' comments about people who might very well end up doing porridge. It's exactly the sort of infantile shite I expect from the people we are supposed to be exposing / taking the piss out of, not from people I generally have respect for.

Perhaps rape has never impacted you and yours... In which case good f**king luck to you and yours, but if you have ever experienced, even vicariously, the appalling effects that rape has on people you wouldn't be making such utterly asinine comments so do everybody a favour and either keep your gobs shut or f**k off.

Thank you.
Rape????1???? I'd abstain from the IPA before posting.
Thank you
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

hanlons razor wrote:
YiamCross wrote:I'm prepared to bet Ceylon is in his back garden .....
This means there's one of three scenarios likely,

1: there is no order in place.

2: the order in place is different to what has been reported

3:Ceylon is in breach of bail.
I'll give you a fourth which fits with what Yiamcross has suggested. His reported address is near the river. He is not doing anything more than a naughty schoolboy putting one foot over a boundary and going "look at me" "dare ya!". If where he lives is a block of flats, he's probably not even out of the car park.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: If where he lives is a block of flats, he's probably not even out of the car park.
Didn't one newspaper report the road he lives in I believe it was Stamford Road ?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

wanglepin wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote: If where he lives is a block of flats, he's probably not even out of the car park.
Didn't one newspaper report the road he lives in I believe it was Stamford Road ?
Can't remember but it was in the court report in the Nottingham Post or something like that. I did a google maps on it at the time.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
guilty

Post by guilty »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Stamford Road.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... z3hhcHlCyd
NG2 6GG
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

guilty wrote:
NG2 6GG
Which is about 1.5 miles away from where he seems to be in the video. At least 1 mile if we allow a little margin of error....
NG3

Post by NG3 »

hanlons razor wrote:
guilty wrote:
NG2 6GG
Which is about 1.5 miles away from where he seems to be in the video. At least 1 mile if we allow a little margin of error....
Just looked at the video. He's on the Nottingham side of the Trent, not West Bridgford, so he was either there, or just talked over someone else's video.

Tbh I think he's just attention seeking and is probably tickled that it's even being discussed here.
Bones

Post by Bones »

In my personal opinion, what can only really (after all let's not all get all Freeman Stephen over it) be called banter is harmless. I don't see anything wrong with a little joke or two, especially at Ceylon's expense.

I feel a little humour is mandatory when you are dealing with such serious subjects, especially when GOODF is involved.

Lighten up, Life is too short :shrug:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

To chip in from the gallery, with an opinion that is probably worth peanuts, I can see both sides, we don't know what a person has or hasn't been through in their life, some may have friends or family members or other loved ones who have been victims of real sexual assault. Jokes about rape therefore can touch a nerve and can be viewed as offensive.

I wouldn't wish Ceylon to be raped in prison. He hasn't done anything to warrant that happening to him. I would also think that if he were to be sent to prison, he'd likely be placed in a category where the chance of actually being raped would be quite slim, he's not a dangerous offender, he's a very annoying berk with an inflated ego who may have had one trip too many and who likes to shoot his mouth off.

He's a jerk, an ass and a fool and we should mock him for what he says and what he does. We are smarter than he is and we can use our brains to really insult him. So if we are going to mock, lets try to be clever about it, sure he's an easy target but that doesn't mean we need to take cheap shots.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Almost three months ago, I was honoured by Ceylon and "King" :snicker: with one of their videos solely dedicated to me. To convince me of their love for me, they made a not so veiled threat of violence, called me a sadistic paedophile, suggested I was a taking drugs and offered assorted other insults ...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10330&start=900

At the time, I decided not to respond lest it took the focus off the debate about Tom's "victory" in court. However, the discussion here has been getting a little bit serious for me and with my new knowledge of i-movies I thought I would take then opportunity to return the favour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTXEqG5EJ_0
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”