jimmywx11

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Syf
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Re: jimmywx11

Post by Syf »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Loving this bit from the OP
If I make the presentation that I had given a counter offer, to the council's demand for the PCN payment, on the condition that my demand for payment is met, I take it that would be a valid stance, in contractual terms?
Let me think about that...........er............no.
That's going to work out great. I can really see the council replying with, "sounds like a good deal, we'll give you £5000 pounds and we will accept your offer of £35 to cover the original fine". :beatinghorse:
AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AndyPandy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Loving this bit from the OP
If I make the presentation that I had given a counter offer, to the council's demand for the PCN payment, on the condition that my demand for payment is met, I take it that would be a valid stance, in contractual terms?
Let me think about that...........er............no.
That's in response to filling out a county court claim form which asks 'do you understand the legal basis of your claim' oh dear, oh dear !! :shrug:
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Well, she can offer any contract she wants to the council. "I'll pay you £35 provided you pay me £5170." The council can decline this offer, as they clearly have.

Yvette has fallen for the nonsense that she has made an offer (with conditions) that the council are obliged to accept. Common sense should tell her this ain't so. If it was so then the council could counter-offer "Yes, we'll pay you £5170 in return for your £35, provided you also pay us £50,000."

But she clearly has more money (and time) than sense.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

littleFred wrote:Well, she can offer any contract she wants to the council. "I'll pay you £35 provided you pay me £5170." The council can decline this offer, as they clearly have.

Yvette has fallen for the nonsense that she has made an offer (with conditions) that the council are obliged to accept. Common sense should tell her this ain't so. If it was so then the council could counter-offer "Yes, we'll pay you £5170 in return for your £35, provided you also pay us £50,000."

But she clearly has more money (and time) than sense.
No, I think she's very little and see's this as a way to make a quick buck ££££££££££'s :snooty:
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

littleFred wrote:Well, she can offer any contract she wants to the council. "I'll pay you £35 provided you pay me £5170." The council can decline this offer, as they clearly have.
But the deluded woman thinks the demand for £35 is an offer.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Just another of the feckless footl's who think, and I use the term really loosely, and wrongly, that everything is contract. She'll discover otherwise when things get worse for her.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

If Yvette continues to follow Jimmy's advice she's going to wind up with a bailiff letter & bill for around £300 which could have been extinguished for £35. Anyone with more than one brain cell would know billing the Council for £5000 "as you're in breach of contract" is going to fail but ol Jimmy isn't in that category I'm afraid.

I can see Jimmy becoming a moderator before GIDF site disintegrates. He certainly has all the qualifications to assist others in losing their homes, cars, utilities, driving licence, credit rating & of course their names. :beatinghorse:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Losleones wrote:If Yvette continues to follow Jimmy's advice she's going to wind up with a bailiff letter & bill for around £300 which could have been extinguished for £35.
Yes, but she will have learned a valuable lesson in civic responsibility, for only £265. And others who read her posts will be able to share that learning. It's a good thing.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Losleones wrote:If Yvette continues to follow Jimmy's advice she's going to wind up with a bailiff letter & bill for around £300 which could have been extinguished for £35.
Yes, but she will have learned a valuable lesson in civic responsibility, for only £265. And others who read her posts will be able to share that learning. It's a good thing.
If its a pcn, unfortunately she could just ignore the bailiffs as they can't force entry (as everyone on goodf is quick to inform people) and whilst authorities can seek higher levels of enforcement I'm not aware of any that go down the attachment of earnings route (although they really should for persistent evaders!) Most bailiffs give up after a few visits and return the case to the council. And I'm aware of at least once council which just writes it off at that stage.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
The problem is that this particular variety of person doesn't learn, even after repeated boppings up the side of the head with a clue stick, they just didn't get the incantation right.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

hanlons razor wrote:.....Most bailiffs give up after a few visits and return the case to the council. And I'm aware of at least once council which just writes it off at that stage.
And since I'd guess their credit rating has been dead and buried for some time it's not going to come back at them that way.

I imagine there would be some value in putting in a for a CCJ through the small claims court, especially now that it's all so easy to do online.
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

YiamCross wrote:
hanlons razor wrote:.....Most bailiffs give up after a few visits and return the case to the council. And I'm aware of at least once council which just writes it off at that stage.
And since I'd guess their credit rating has been dead and buried for some time it's not going to come back at them that way.

I imagine there would be some value in putting in a for a CCJ through the small claims court, especially now that it's all so easy to do online.
For pcn's I don't think they'd suffer. As it's a penalty not a debt.... and I'm not sure how the ccj route would work either as there's defined legal options for pcns. They could go for attachment of earnings or a third party liability order but as I say, not sure it's something any council would do. Now if it was me, anyone who spouted the freetard rubbish would be an instant candidate. As would anybody who owed over £1000.
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
hobgoblin
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by hobgoblin »

The sad thing is that the majority of council PCN's are winnable at appeal with help from Pepipoo, because the average council invariably buggers up the procedure at one point or another.

I don't have much sympathy for Yvette though, the fact that she had the "legal notice" in the windscreen suggests she was already well down the Freetard path.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Because the claim has no Basis in law, the Council will apply for it to be declared Vexatious and request not insubstantial costs, could run into £000's,

Couldn't just not park there, or pay the PNC, no she's obviously protected by a mythical 'legal notice'!! She's been reading too much JK Rowling !
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I've just taxed my car using my dogs name...LOLZ woof woof

That's no problem provided the car never breaks speed limits etc. If it does, the dog will be required to name the driver. If the dog doesn't it will be fined and given points. But the dog won't send in its driving licence, and will be banned from driving. Worse, for Jimmy, a marker will be placed on the car's reg number. If the DVLA are on the ball, they'll notice the dog isn't licensed and Jimmy will get a visit. Fraud by misrepresentation? That'll do nicely.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I think this is only a consequence of him registering the vehicle in his dog's name. He says he's set up a DD from a lesser used bank account. Of course, there is no connection between this bank account and him that could be traced. :sarcasmon:
It still leaves the issue I raised a while back about the insurance.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

So he's TAXED the car in his dog's name? So what? Anybody can tax any vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly registered, MOTed and insured which is information which I believe DVLA can now link together by the miracle of electronic whatdyamacallits.

Taxing a car in your dog's name is about as big a victory for the freeloader on the land movement as buying a TV licence in your cat's name. What do they care who's name is on it as long as the bill has been paid?
Last edited by longdog on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Bones

Post by Bones »

If the car is registered in his Dog's name, won't that also invalidate Jimmy's insurance.

Don't quote me but I thought if you even had 3rd party drive any car cover, the car you want to drive still had to be insured by the registered owner. This is to stop people insuring a fiesta and then driving a ferrari
longdog

Post by longdog »

Bones wrote:If the car is registered in his Dog's name, won't that also invalidate Jimmy's insurance.

Don't quote me but I thought if you even had 3rd party drive any car cover, the you are driving car had to still be insured by the registered owner. This is to stop people insuring a fiesta and then driving a ferrari
I think most policies say "any vehicle not belonging to the policy holder" which, given that any property legally owned by a dog belongs to the owner, would put the kybosh on that approach.

Yeah... I know a dog can't legally own a car but you get the point.

I reckon that if Jimmy OneCell really has taxed the car all the paperwork is in order and he's just a fantasist with the rest of his claims.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I think this is only a consequence of him registering the vehicle in his dog's name. He says he's set up a DD from a lesser used bank account. Of course, there is no connection between this bank account and him that could be traced. :sarcasmon:
It still leaves the issue I raised a while back about the insurance.
Um, so what if it is a lesser used bank, I am sure they took his identification when opening the account. The UK has some strict KYC/AML Laws that would force them to identify the account holder, upon account opening. So even if he hardly uses the account, the Bank knows who he is, where he lives, his NIS number, etc. The only way around this, and only if the DVLA accept pre-paid credit cards, is to but a re-loadable credit card, and put the required amount on it, in cash. Although there may be limits on the amount of cash you can put on, fees for the card, and having to actually having the cash to pay the bill.

The only thing is, I guess, if he plans to do a DD Clawback (Harder now the banks are on to this scheme) doing so from a account with no money and little activity, is probably a better idea then to use your main bank account. Although I must say, I am surprised that Jummy has multiple bank accounts, given he believes they are all evil, etc... Why didn't he use one of his remaining 41 WeRE Checks he bragged about in another post of his...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.