jimmywx11

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Losleones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: jimmywx11

Post by Losleones »

Bones wrote:If the car is registered in his Dog's name, won't that also invalidate Jimmy's insurance.

Don't quote me but I thought if you even had 3rd party drive any car cover, the car you want to drive still had to be insured by the registered owner. This is to stop people insuring a fiesta and then driving a ferrari
I'm not too sure about this so hopefully someone can verify? I do know that the registered keeper is not proof of ownership.

I would think that as long as the insurers name is the same as the owner's name all is ok, but i may be wrong.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote:Um, so what if it is a lesser used bank, I am sure they took his identification when opening the account. The UK has some strict KYC/AML Laws that would force them to identify the account holder, upon account opening. So even if he hardly uses the account, the Bank knows who he is, where he lives, his NIS number, etc. The only way around this, and only if the DVLA accept pre-paid credit cards, is to but a re-loadable credit card, and put the required amount on it, in cash. Although there may be limits on the amount of cash you can put on, fees for the card, and having to actually having the cash to pay the bill.
Sir, I think you missed the :sarcasmon: smilie.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Sir, I think you missed the :sarcasmon: smilie.
:oops:
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Losleones wrote:
Bones wrote:If the car is registered in his Dog's name, won't that also invalidate Jimmy's insurance.

Don't quote me but I thought if you even had 3rd party drive any car cover, the car you want to drive still had to be insured by the registered owner. This is to stop people insuring a fiesta and then driving a ferrari
I'm not too sure about this so hopefully someone can verify? I do know that the registered keeper is not proof of ownership.

I would think that as long as the insurers name is the same as the owner's name all is ok, but i may be wrong.
I think you are right, the rta says person and not vehicle

Might be just a company by company requirement

https://www.generalaccident.com/help/am ... other-cars

You also need to be covered for that type of car on your Certificate of Motor Insurance. And the car you wish to drive needs to:

be insured (by the vehicle owner)

http://support.swiftcover.com/car-insur ... ther-cars/

Before driving someone else's car, you must have the owner's permission and their car must have valid insurance already. You can only use the car in the UK for the purposes stated on your certificate.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Most insurers ask that the policy holder is also the registered keeper, but that's down to the discretion of the insurance company. The actual requirement is that the policy holder has an "insurable interest" in the thing that's being insured. That's a bit of a vague term, but it basically means that they'll suffer some sort of loss if something happens to it - the idea is to stop people insuring random things (like the lives of famous people) as a method of gambling, while still allowing, for example, a company to take out life insurance on an important member of staff (the business will suffer if they pop their clogs).
Bones wrote:Don't quote me but I thought if you even had 3rd party drive any car cover, the you are driving car had to still be insured by the registered owner. This is to stop people insuring a fiesta and then driving a ferrari
longdog wrote:I think most policies say "any vehicle not belonging to the policy holder" which, given that any property legally owned by a dog belongs to the owner, would put the kybosh on that approach.
This is a separate, and confusing, thing. The UK puts an additional burden on car insurers to deal with third party claims against their insured drivers, even if they're not driving the car that's insured. The law lets the insurer claim back any payout they are forced to make in this manner from their customer but this is usually a waste of time, so most insurers offer cover for third party risks when driving other cars as a part of the policy (making a feature out of a requirement). To avoid the insure-a-fiesta-drive-a-ferrari problem they put various restrictions in place, typical ones are that the not-on-the-policy car MUST NOT be owned by the policy holder, and that the actual owner MUST have a separate policy for it elsewhere. It's definitely one to read the policy conditions carefully on and not make any assumptions about.

Edit: Actually, it may be a Motor Insurers Bureaux requirement rather than UK law.

In the case of jimmywx11, not being the registered keeper doesn't prevent him from getting insured, but it may break the policy conditions. If he tells the insurance company that he's not the registered keeper they will probably want to know who is and why he's insuring the vehicle. Given who he's registered the car to, I suspect some insurance companies would choose not to insure the car. If he can persuade a company to insure him - either without having to declare who the registered keeper is, or by declaring it honestly and having them accept this - then there's no intrinsic reason the insurance would be invalid.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Do we know the dog's name?

ETA: The dog is obviously not heeding jimmy's advice. The dog has not lost the name.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Do we know the dog's name?

ETA: The dog is obviously not heeding jimmy's advice. The dog has not lost the name.
Rover of the Family Wyld?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle

Losleones wrote:I'm not too sure about this so hopefully someone can verify? I do know that the registered keeper is not proof of ownership.

I can't find it this moment but I think the person who is likely to use the vehicle most is supposed to be the registered keeper and therefore responsible for taxing it. The issue arises with the insurance. The insurer will almost automatically ask you who is the owner and registered keeper of the vehicle. Normally this is one and the same person and also the person who is taking out the insurance. If not the insurer is allowed to question why and either charge a different premium for the perceived different risk or alternatively they will refuse cover. The reasoning being bluntly what is the insured trying to hide? If the registered keeper is the dog, the insurer will want to know why. If the insured hasn't told the insurer that the registered keeper is the dog, the insurer will cancel the policy for not being told about a notifiable event. Jimmy one cell will try to get out of this by having an insurance certificate in his name for the car. All well and good until the Police check the policy details against their details and find a discrepancy.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Jimmy could also register the car in the dog's name AFTER he's insured the car which is fine until committing a Road Traffic offence or involved in an accident & has to submit all documentation. That's not to say the insurer wouldn't cover any claim but could place him in trouble with the police.

Thinking back I've never been asked by any insurer who's name appears as the registered keeper. Interesting topic none the less.
rumpelstilzchen

ArthurWankspittle wrote: I can't find it this moment but I think the person who is likely to use the vehicle most is supposed to be the registered keeper and therefore responsible for taxing it.
Agreed. It need not necessarily be the owner. It is the person who is normally responsible for the vehicle.
jimmy does have one slight problem if the shit hits the fan in that his dog is not a person.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Did anything come of the situation where he boasted on GOODF that he'd lied to the court by swearing a Statutory Declariation about not receiving documents, in order to get his licence reinstated? I can't remember who it was now, but someone here was in touch with W. Yorkshire Police about it.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Do we know the dog's name?

Little Jim has a dog called Dante, not sure if he has a driving licence though :shrug: :thinking: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

goodf:jimmyw wrote:i've got some MMS turning up tomorrow so gonna try that and make some videos about it too.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 68#p410434
MMS, Miracle Mineral Supplement also known as 28% sodium chlorite in distilled water, or bleach to the layman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_M ... Supplement

I can only hope that he gets ripped off even more ripped off and they send him some homoeopathic MMS instead.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Forsyth wrote:
goodf:jimmyw wrote:i've got some MMS turning up tomorrow so gonna try that and make some videos about it too.
MMS, Miracle Mineral Supplement also known as 28% sodium chlorite in distilled water, or bleach to the layman.

I can only hope that he gets ripped off even more ripped off and they send him some homoeopathic MMS instead.
It might just push his IQ a tad north of freezing.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Forsyth wrote:

SunnyJim!! If you happen to read this?, I have just read up about this wonderful drink on wikipedia and I hope you ingest as much of that good stuff as you can :D .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Losleones wrote:

In fact the legal position can be found under section 22 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 and this provides that the PERSON in whose name the vehicle is registered is PRESUMED to be the owner unless the 'contrary is proved'.

Therefore, unless somebody can prove otherwise, the DOG is presumed to the owner. But this could never be the position given that the 1994 Act refers to the PERSON in whose name the vehicle is registered. It does not say DOG.

What Jimmie had done is illegal and of course his insurance would be invalid.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can't say for certain under English law as IANAL, but under US law an animal cannot own property so I think they have some very real legal problems stemming from their actions, fraud being among the least of them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Jimmy has explained it:

registered keeper is different to owner. for eg i might "OWN" the car but my partner or friend is the keeper. its perfectly legal to have as many names as you like. and you can also have many addresses. - its nothing to do with them in essence.... they just know that the majority of great unwashed will never have the courage to stand up for their right to have privacy. not yet anyway. so register in an alias at a friends address and reciprocate. :D
But that won't work. The insurance company would have asked if the vehicle is registered to jimmy. Is he the registered keeper? If the vehicle is registered to his partner or friend jimmy's insurance company will only provide cover if there is a separate policy in place. If jimmy insured the vehicle and subsequently changed the registered keeper this information should have been passed on to his insurer otherwise his insurance will be invalid.
jimmy goes on to say that it is perfectly legal to have more than one name. It is as long as you are not using those names to engage in fraudulent activities. But, if jimmy is saying that the dog's name is another name he uses and that is why it is the name that appears as the RK, he should have given the insurance company that information when he obtained insurance. Another point is jimmy constantly harps on about "losing the name". If he is saying that he uses multiple names he is actually doing the opposite of what he preaches. He isn't losing his name, he is gaining them.
BHF wrote:
ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN wrote:
Forsyth wrote:

SunnyJim!! If you happen to read this?, I have just read up about this wonderful drink on wikipedia and I hope you ingest as much of that good stuff as you can :D .
Drink? I thought you used it for colonic irrigation?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Drink? I thought you used it for colonic irrigation?
Same difference in Jimmyw's case