How Down Ed Brown?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.

How will Ed Brown Go Down?

Total votes: 0

The Observer
Further Moderator

How Down Ed Brown?

Post by The Observer »

Shamelessly plagiarized from Ersatz on the locked thread.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

As much as I've really criticized the Marshall's handling of this situation, I do think that Ed is going to come to the end of his rope soon. He might try to do something, but will come off so bad that he will be arrested without much inconvenience to anyone.

(for the record I still say they should have nabbed Mr. Brown right away. The extra time only allowed for others to get mixed up in this whole mess.)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Whatever happens, it won't be by mutual agreement. Ed Brown wouldn't peacefully surrender to the marshals if they offered him a six-month sentence at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, and Paris Hilton for a cellmate. Some people are just too damn pig-headed to compromise on their beliefs, even when it would be to their tremendous advantage to do so.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

TheSaint wrote:Whatever happens, it won't be by mutual agreement. Ed Brown wouldn't peacefully surrender to the marshals if they offered him a six-month sentence at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, and Paris Hilton for a cellmate. Some people are just too damn pig-headed to compromise on their beliefs, even when it would be to their tremendous advantage to do so.
Is that the punishment or the incentive?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

I vote for option 2.5: Ed resists with pseudo-violence: He makes a faux grab for the nearest liberty tool before he is taken down and hogtied by officers who are younger, faster, and trained to respond to such things. Afterwards, he and his followers claim that he put up a valiant fight but was restrained before getting off the shot heard 'round the world.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

webhick wrote:Is that the punishment or the incentive?
Incentive. Yeah, she's annoying, but undoubtedly preferable to whoever Ed's cellmate turns out to be.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Imagine what happens if and when Ed runs into some kind of medical condition or crisis that even his wife isn't equipped to deal with. I doubt she can obtain the appropriate meds to treat what often befalls men of his age.

Tough decision time, eh?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

webhick wrote:
TheSaint wrote:Whatever happens, it won't be by mutual agreement. Ed Brown wouldn't peacefully surrender to the marshals if they offered him a six-month sentence at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, and Paris Hilton for a cellmate. Some people are just too damn pig-headed to compromise on their beliefs, even when it would be to their tremendous advantage to do so.
Is that the punishment or the incentive?
Punishment for both of them.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

and Paris Hilton for a cellmate
...makes me think of the last scene in The Devil in Miss Jones.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

grammarian44 wrote:I vote for option 2.5: Ed resists with pseudo-violence: He makes a faux grab for the nearest liberty tool before he is taken down and hogtied by officers who are younger, faster, and trained to respond to such things. Afterwards, he and his followers claim that he put up a valiant fight but was restrained before getting off the shot heard 'round the world.
That's pretty close to my thought.

I think he will come out with a gun pointed down, and stort to bring it up slowly, whereupon, a swat officer will shoot him in the arm with a regular bullet, or in the chest with a bean bag. Either way, he'll lose the gun and fall, and have someone's knee on his chest before he can blink.

Later he'll revise the story slightly and make like he got the Rodney King treatment without even being drunk.

Send money.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

grixit wrote:
grammarian44 wrote:I vote for option 2.5: Ed resists with pseudo-violence: He makes a faux grab for the nearest liberty tool before he is taken down and hogtied by officers who are younger, faster, and trained to respond to such things. Afterwards, he and his followers claim that he put up a valiant fight but was restrained before getting off the shot heard 'round the world.
That's pretty close to my thought.

I think he will come out with a gun pointed down, and stort to bring it up slowly, whereupon, a swat officer will shoot him in the arm with a regular bullet, or in the chest with a bean bag. Either way, he'll lose the gun and fall, and have someone's knee on his chest before he can blink.

Later he'll revise the story slightly and make like he got the Rodney King treatment without even being drunk.

Send money.
With apologies to Chuck Conners and John Wayne (among others) the western movies' portrayal of the good guy (watch for the white hat) blowiing the bad guy's .45 out of his hand without leaving a scratch is totally unrealistic.

Today, law enforcement officers practice firing at totally different targets - silhouettes.

Only a select few, highly-trained sharp-shooters, under extremely controlled conditions, shoot to disarm or disable someone who is threatening the police or civilians with a firearm. The remaining 90%+ of police probably have a better chance of hitting someone in the arm if they throw the gun.

All the rest of them are trained that the best way to make someone drop a weapon is to force it to fall out of their still-warm, dead hands.

Arms are very small targets. Even heads are small in comparison to the target area of choice: the upper torso.

If a bullet in the torso doesn't immediately kill someone, the physical shock of the impact will disrupt the threatener long enough for the rest of the officer's clip to be fired.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I wrote a story about it. Took an hour. It was crap, so it got scrapped.

The raid was done on a foggy night in October. The supporters were darted before uttering a peep. The Marshals found E&E in bed sleeping. Elaine was darted before waking, but Ed wasn't so lucky. He lept out of bed, screamed as loud as he could and when no one came he shouted at the top of his lungs about all the conspiracies he believed and eventually worked himself up into such a fit that he experienced a massive psychotic break and ended up crouched in a corner blubbering incessantly. They were able to gently walk him out in handcuffs.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Harrison Bergeron

Post by Harrison Bergeron »

Ed would probably prefer Criss Angel as a roommate. The Luxor is his haunts, after all, plus I think it's been pretty well established that Ed is a closet homosexual based upon his excessive touching of Randy Weaver.

versus

For a hotblooded gay man like Ed, there should be no comparison. Plus, Criss is the Mindfreak, so he can help Ed disappear if he wants to escape. :wink:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Heh. Recently i've been using Netflix to get all the episodes of Astro Boy i missed when i was a child. One of the episodes i watched last night had a magician who stood in front of a steel wall and had a steam roller crash into him. Afterward it turned out that he was actaully on the other side of that wall.

My first thought was that i'd like to see Criss Angel try that one.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ErsatzAnatchist

Re: How Down Ed Brown?

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

The Observer wrote:Shamelessly plagiarized from Ersatz on the locked thread.
Thanks for doing the work to post the poll.

I wonder how Reno, Danny Riley and the rest of Ed's "supporters" would vote?
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:

We know how Bill Miller would vote.....and it isn't any of the choices listed..
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Dezcad wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:

I think Option 3 does not require Ed to live through the attempt at arrest (While Option 1 does).
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Dezcad wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote: Thanks for doing the work to post the poll.

I think Option 3 does not require Ed to live through the attempt at arrest (While Option 1 does).
I think Ed will resist arrest using Elaine as a human shield. Elaine is killed and Ed is apprehended. Ed denies using Elaine as a human shield and compares himself to Randy Weaver.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

My vote is still for suicide by cop although I wouldn't rule out an attempted flee into the mountains where he things he can live off the land, but since he can't, he holds an innocent family hostage as he takes over their house and justifies it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I think Ed will blow himself and everyone in or near the house up as soon as the Marshals try to approach. He wants as many people as possible at the house when it happens so that the death toll will be big and splashy, and the ball of fire that kills XX patriot heroes will be aired on national tv, just like Waco. It won't matter that Ed set the explosives or started the fire, the wingnuts will happily and ignorantly blame the evil feds for blowing up a True American HeroTM.
Demo.