Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Footloose52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by Footloose52 »

No, that is in the banking act and in a government press release:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/list ... be-reduced

Banking licences are issued by the Bank of England.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

FB comment from Hayley Gradzka:
Hi Peter, how's with Staffordshire? I want to join and have no one to count me in xx Failing this, I'll have to go to France and take 2yrs out like yourself and set up my own Bank. Might even call myself Hayley of Wales whilst I'm at it :) xx Edit: my husband is French, my children can speak French and so FRENCH IS NOT A PROBLEM. See you all on the other side when I return. I'm finishing my law studies here in the UK, from where I left off in '98, then I will be PRO BONO too folks :) :) :)
I don't even know where to begin with that one, to be honest.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I suppose the Bank of Dave problem was Companies Act 2006 s53:
A company must not be registered under this Act by a name if, in the opinion of the Secretary of State—

(a)its use by the company would constitute an offence, or ...
And s55, and regulations.

As Peter's WeRe Bank isn't registered (and, under this Act, probably couldn't be registered), I can't see that he is breaking that law.

(I have suggested in the past that WeRe Bank might be regarded as an unincorporated association, and perhaps there are Acts and Regulations regarding their names.)

It could be argued that the £150k promissory notes are "deposits", as in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 schedule 2 para 4. If so, then that is a "regulated activity", and as neither Peter nor WeRe Bank is an "authorised peson", he falls foul of s19.

There is no question in my mind that if Peter started (for example) accepting significant real money from people, crediting this to their accounts and using this to pay cheques, this would be a "regulated activity". He wouldn't do that because the whole point is to pretend WeRe Bank can extinguish debts without actually paying them.

Aside from the Fraud Act 2006, which I believe he drives a coach and horses through, I'll happily agree that Peter is breaking some banking (or other) law, if someone can point directly to such a law.

I believe that anyone calling WeRe a "fraudulent bank" is correct, but as far as I can see this is because of the fraud act, not any banking act.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

littleFred wrote:
I have suggested in the past that WeRe Bank might be regarded as an unincorporated association,
I doubt that argument could be run.
https://www.gov.uk/business-legal-struc ... ssociation
An ‘unincorporated association’ is an organisation set up through an agreement between a group of people who come together for a reason other than to make a profit, eg a voluntary group or a sports club.

You don’t need to register an unincorporated association, and it doesn’t cost anything to set one up.

Individual members are personally responsible for any debts and contractual obligations.

If the association does start trading and makes a profit, you’ll need to pay Corporation Tax and file a Company Tax Return in the same way as a limited company.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

LightinDarkness wrote:What I seriously do not understand is why don't the banks just tell people the checks are bad because the bank doesn't exist. They end up saying something like "we only take checks with banks registered through the Bank of England" or some such language. Over here in reality land, we know that is because only real banks are registered through the Bank of England. But the idiots really need it spelled out for them: "We cannot accept the check because it is drawn on a bank and account which does not exist."
If it was spelled out in foot high block capitals it still wouldn't make any difference
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

littleFred wrote:This sounds like the 20 June private forum post on the "Where is Peter" thread:
050260MC wrote:i paid my council tax of some £1600 and my non-domestic business rates of close to £8000 using WeRe Bank Cheques and that was end of May and have heard nothing since, i had already received summons for their illegal hearings in Magistrates court for early June but have heard nothing since sending the cheques so i can only assume my cheques have cleared.
It's cryptic, but I think it means he had a summons, paid the council tax with a WeRe cheque, didn't bother going to court, didn't hear from the court or council, so assumes that no news is good news.
Yes, that's a close match to peaceful_warrior (who describes herself as female in other posts, btw). Most of those other posts were about resisting bankruptcy with magic-bean law, so I suspect there's more to this than meets the eye.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Bones

Post by Bones »

No help from Peter o Freeman Legal Services

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Well, his next "volly" will be when the Court finds his failure to pay is due to wilful refusal to pay or culpable neglect. Then the Bailiffs will come, to collect the original tax and another £500 or so of costs. And if our brave archer defies that, the council will seek a Warrant of Commitment (to jail). After which, every penny will still be owed.

http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/index/ ... ity-orders
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Well, his next "volly" will be when the Court finds his failure to pay is due to wilful refusal to pay or culpable neglect. Then the Bailiffs will come, to collect the original tax and another £500 or so of costs. And if our brave archer defies that, the council will seek a Warrant of Commitment (to jail). After which, every penny will still be owed.

http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/index/ ... ity-orders
Rubbish! Just follow the advice of JimmyW, as endorsed by Ceylon, and they'll never be able to touch him. Simples!

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... 10#p414310

I'm sure there must be loads of evidence these methods are not only effective on the planet JimmyW and Ceylon inhabit but work well in this reality.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Bones wrote:No help from Peter o Freeman Legal Services

Loving the 'I tried everything and they just ignored me' bit, everything that is except paying them, don't think they would have ignored that ! :violin:
Bones

Post by Bones »

PROOF WEREBANK CHEQUES WORK !!!1!!!!

Could to see that after taking money of these idiots Peter was there to help him :sarcasmon:
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:PROOF WEREBANK CHEQUES WORK !!!1!!!!

Could to see that after taking money of these idiots Peter was there to help him :sarcasmon:
Of course POE will tell him that he couldn't help as 060572MW posted on the wrong section of the forum ( he/she posted on the DVLA refuse ... section) not the 'My landlord won't accept dud cheques' section.
Thus, it is the fault of 060572MW for being a thicko!
If the cap fits ....
Bones

Post by Bones »

Me thinks Peter will not respond to this post

longdog

Post by longdog »

He'll respond by deleting it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bones wrote:Me thinks Peter will not respond to this post
There's no happy ending if he swears in as a witness and faces some probing questions.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I really hope the eviction doesn't turn violent. The "locals" will be able to find you the rules but in a lot of states there's none of this British "please move out in 56 days" stuff, it's "I'm a Deputy Sheriff, you've had your notice, you are now leaving".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Stuart deserves everything coming his way for stupidity. :haha:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
NG3

Post by NG3 »

vampireLOREN wrote:
The downside is that when he's sleeping in a homeless shelter with no internet access he won't be able to log on and explain to the others exactly how stupid it can be to use were cheques
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The eviction notice is for the single mother who's tried to pay her car insurance, 2 x student loans and Com Ed bill (whatever that is - electricity, I think), plus her rent up to the end of her lease (which was about $10,500) with WeRe cheques. Her triumphant posts three weeks ago of being debt free are now revealed as the lies peddled by WeRe Bank to the vulnerable and greedy.

She lives here.

http://www.hinsdalelaketerrace.com/will ... race-apts/

"Hinsdale Lake Terrace is an Affordable Community and gladly accepts the DuPage County Section 8 Voucher. We also have income guidelines based on the number of people living in the apartment. The guidelines are listed below:

1 person, income maximum is $33,240 "

So this woman is about to get herself thrown out of low-income housing, and will have to find a home somewhere else on a salary of less than $33,240, which is less than £20K.

As ArthurWankspittle says, there's no softly-softly in the States where evictions are concerned. She'll come home tomorrow to find her belongings on the street and the locks changed.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

vampireLOREN wrote:

He's already asked him to get in touch on the 27th August about a pending Court case, can't see there being any response from PoE :Axe: