The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote:All part of the new business?

http://peace-keepers.uk/

Form an orderly queue, please.
I note that of the first half dozen to sign up only 2 list a location, but both are from Nottingham again.

Domain name:
peace-keepers.uk

Registrant:
richard burrows

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
9 hamilton road
long eaton
nottinghamshire
NG10 4QY
United Kingdom

Eta. I wonder if it's the same Richard Burrows from Long Eaton that was in the BNP? It could be a coincidence, so I won't jump to conclusions yet.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

He calls himself Smurfboy and hangs with the Crawford crowd. Sure I saw him in a recent video of the first Nottingham crown court appearance as part of the not quite a mob.

Maybe I should click on there a bit to see if he can do any better with an IP than giving me his full postal address in the Who-is listing.

At the end of the day these people may be nasty but they sure are fucking stupid. Nature doesn't like stupid, it usually punishes it quite severely. All we have to do is sit back, wait and watch.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

On one of Tom's Youtubes made a couple of weeks before the eviction (if memory serves) a guy who seemed to be the leader of the peacekeepers named Kia Holloway got up an gave a pretty good rant about bringing the powers that be into common law courts.

As he got warmed up he tried to sound tough.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote:He calls himself Smurfboy and hangs with the Crawford crowd. Sure I saw him in a recent video of the first Nottingham crown court appearance as part of the not quite a mob.
He needs to learn the Public Order Act 1936
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

NG3 wrote:
YiamCross wrote:All part of the new business?

http://peace-keepers.uk/

Form an orderly queue, please.

A real hive of activity on their Forum :violin:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I see Tom Crawford is gearing up for his new business venture, but at least one person on EFOTB has the sense to tell them how stupid they are.

Tom Crawford
40 mins · Edited
Hi all,
Well this Facebook page looks like it will be a bit busy soon.

Nearly one million homeowners face repossession over interest-only mortgages,
and of course this has been planned by the dark side....

Nearly one million homeowners face repossession over interest-only mortgages
Nearly one million homeowners could face having their homes repossessed because they do not have a plan to pay off the money they owe, CItizens Advice...
ITV.COM
Like Comment Share
10 people like this.

Joe ODonnell The fact that they call themselves Citizens advice is enough for me' I bet they tell you to pay theses companies' find a way to pick them come to an arrangement, I bet they have not once questioned if a debt is legal. You ar subjects in the UK not Citizens
31 mins · Like

Joe Dunn I wonder how many of them are even aware they only have an interest only mortgage? Does anyone know if those figures include people who took out endowment policies?
25 mins · Like

Nita Benfield they knew what they were doing with this little scam! shortfall my arse. All planned from the beginning. Everything is with this nightmare called life on earth.
22 mins · Like · 2

Paul Mitchell Ridiculous. Planned by the "dark side?" Are you for real? SO someone enters into a 25yr mortgage having been explained to by the financial advisor the difference between capital/repayment / endowment / pension etc etc other types of mortgage, the applicant in many cases signiing a document to CONFIRM they UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCES and yet you say "The dark side" are at fault? Sorry but i cant subscribe to this any longer. You cant legislate for stupidity and blindness can you. Its about taking responsibility for your own actions...... Id say each and every one of em KNOW the difference.....
5 mins · Like
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

When you sign up for a mortgage the figures are there in black & white, capital amount and usually an eye watering amount in total interest payable over the mortgage term.

You make a FREE WILL decision whether to accept and sign or walk away.

Do these people seriously believe one million people don't know and accept the consequences of their own actions !
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I seriously doubt the one million figure. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages, yes. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages without an endowment tied to them yes. But there aren't one million interest only mortgages finishing in the next few months with no method of repaying them, which is the what Tom is implying in that wording.

Found the article: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about ... -to-repay/
I can see one fault with the stats already unless the question was carefully worded.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I seriously doubt the one million figure. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages, yes. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages without an endowment tied to them yes. But there aren't one million interest only mortgages finishing in the next few months with no method of repaying them, which is the what Tom is implying in that wording.

I can see one fault with the stats already unless the question was carefully worded.
Yep, based on an online survey of just 2137 adults - not quite 1 million people in trouble is it
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Paul Mitchell Ridiculous. Planned by the "dark side?" Are you for real? SO someone enters into a 25yr mortgage having been explained to by the financial advisor the difference between capital/repayment / endowment / pension etc etc other types of mortgage, the applicant in many cases signiing a document to CONFIRM they UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCES and yet you say "The dark side" are at fault? Sorry but i cant subscribe to this any longer. You cant legislate for stupidity and blindness can you. Its about taking responsibility for your own actions...... Id say each and every one of em KNOW the difference.....
5 mins · Like

I take it Paul Mitchell has now been banned (burnt at the post) for his heretic views ?? :Axe:
ArthurWankspittle

letissier14 wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:I seriously doubt the one million figure. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages, yes. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages without an endowment tied to them yes. But there aren't one million interest only mortgages finishing in the next few months with no method of repaying them, which is the what Tom is implying in that wording.

Yep, based on an online survey of just 2137 adults - not quite 1 million people in trouble is it
Plus does it include BTL? If you asked someone who has just bought a BTL on an IO mortgage they may well be included in that figure. With the average mortgage over 20-25 years that's less than 50,000 in trouble in the next year. Plus how many of them have made an arrangement with their lender because the lenders have been writing like mad to everyone they lent to, to make sure they were aware of the situation. LIKE THEY DID WITH THE CRAWFORDS.
Yes there is an issue but it's not going to affect one million people any minute and the last person on earth you want to take advice about it from is a semi-senile, financially illiterate, barely literate professional victim and carpet fitter.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I seriously doubt the one million figure. Maybe there are one million interest only mortgages, yes..... Plus how many of them have made an arrangement with their lender because the lenders have been writing like mad to everyone they lent to, to make sure they were aware of the situation. LIKE THEY DID WITH THE CRAWFORDS.
And, as we saw with the Crawfords, the banks bend over backwards not to repossess a property. Not so much out of any compassionate desire to help but because they know full well if they were to release a flood of property on the market prices would crash with catostrophic consequences for them because of the vast amount of loans they have out there secured on property.

I am still waiting to hear how the banks benefit from pushing people out of their property. It's hard work with a high risk losing money when, as with the Crawfords, their costs are not covered by the sale of the property. They have nothing to gain as they don't make any profit from selling the property and it's a lot easier for them to run their business with interest and capital repayments coming in on a regular basis in the way it was designed to operate.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

letissier14 wrote:
Tom Crawford
40 mins · Edited
Hi all,
Well this Facebook page looks like it will be a bit busy soon.

Nearly one million homeowners face repossession over interest-only mortgages,
Well done, Tom! At long last you admit you understand that, in the case of an interest only mortgage, at the end of the agreement the sum borrowed is due.
and of course this has been planned by the dark side....
And of course you provide no evidence to support your claim that there was a plan. But,Tom it is a simple matter to prove you are talking bollocks. Let us take your own case: your interest only mortgage. You chose to take out an endowment policy. Why did you do that? Would it have been for the sole purpose to pay off the capital? Yes? If there was a "plan" as you claim no one would have advised you to obtain an endowment policy and no one would have sold you one. The "plan" would have been to make sure no one had the means to pay off their mortgage. But someone did advise you and someone did sell one to you. You made the right choice at the time. The fact that you screwed up later is down to you, Tom. No one else. It was you who decided not to have anything in place to satisfy your mortgage. You made that free choice when you stopped paying into the endowment. So, it cannot be claimed that you are a victim of this "plan". As for those people who do have interest only mortgages without anything in place to pay it off, hopefully they will read your story and learn exactly what not to do. I was one of those people. I had an interest only mortgage with no way of paying it back. I knew exactly what I was getting in to, plus it was all explained to me, but I chose to go that way. I knew that one day my home could be at risk. But I preferred the lower monthly payments because it would mean I had more available money that could be ploughed back into my business. I had a game plan. I decided that if over the years I failed to earn the money to pay off my mortgage I would, five years before the end of the term, sell the house and downsize.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

longdog wrote:
Colin123 wrote:Tom's take on things

Tom Crawford‎Eviction the fraud of the bank
10 mins ·
Hi All
Very interesting Day at the High Court today very educational and Judge Green who was supposed to be overlooking the case was conveniently replaced by Judge Phillips and because we are dealing with crooks just went on to prove that achieving justice in this country is nigh on impossible because he put hearsay the same as Godsmark in-front of the undeniable facts.
Am I right it thinking that this 'hearsay' evidence is actually the (probably off a computer) documentation from the B&B that shows Tom didn't pay the mortgage and that he thinks he can demand to hear evidence from the person who entred the data / opened the envelopes / programmed the computer or some other shit?
More than likely... Sorry this is going over old ground but it serves as a timely reminder on how little faith can be placed on the claims made by Guy Taylor, Tom Crawford or even Amanda "loves a onesie" Crawford.

Everyone may recall that outside the Court after the judgement was handed down, Tom had to rely on Guy Taylor to read paragraph 91 of the judgement. @4:10 onwards

When Tom returned following his victory in loss at Court. He again read out paragraph 91 of the Judgement to the waiting faithful @20:00 onwards - Some will note that a member of the crowd, who to me sounds very much Amanda - reminds him that it is paragraph 91.

So here we have both Guy and Tom and it would appear Amanda all intentionally only relying on paragraph 91 to mislead the faithful and anyone that is prepared to listen as evidence that Tom won. Indeed, as Ceylon excitedly announced in his video, Guy and Tom had to explain it to the Nottingham Post 15 Times that Tom had won.

Now Paragraph 91 reads:

"91. Here, Mr Crawford has a point. I can find nothing on the statements of account which show when capitalisations have occurred although the total mortgage debt figures are more readily understandable. From January 2010 the format of statements of account changed but it is not easy to see at any given time what the live account arrears are. At the time of commencement of the possession proceedings arrears were said to total £1,802.90. That is not a figure which I could identify from the statements of account. When asked where it had come from Miss Sandells for Bradford & Bingley told me that it came “from the computer”. As computers should be our slaves and not our masters such a response is not satisfactory."

The evidence that Tom, Guy and it would also appear by her shouting out 91 Amanda, all intentionally mislead everyone. This is because whilst they so happily read out paragraph 91, they made no mention of paragraph 92 - which being the very next paragraph, they were all very aware of. Paragraph 92 reads:

92. However none of this helps Mr Crawford in relation to possession. The entitlement to possession is triggered by arrears amounting to two monthly instalments and no-one suggests that such qualifying arrears did not exist both at the time the claim was issued and on the date of the Order.

They knew that nothing in paragraph 91 helped Tom but they chose to rely on it to mislead people to think they had one when they lost
Last edited by Bones on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Sorry old ground again, posted as more evidence of how little faith can be placed on the claims made by Tom. Camp Crawford (reference to the people assisting him and not his sexuality) have repeatedly said that there has never been a possession order.

In a video posted by Bertie Bert, Guy helpfully showed this during an interview on the UK Column.

As we know from the Judgement:

6. The initial hearing was before Deputy District Judge Murray-Smith on 19th September 2012. Bradford & Bingley were represented by a solicitor. Mr Crawford attended and was represented by a solicitor (I think the duty solicitor). The Deputy District Judge’s notes show that the court was made aware that Mr Crawford had recently not been able to work because of injury and would be unable to return to work until January 2013. There is also a note to the effect that the mortgage was changed 10 years after it was taken out and that a complaint had been made to the Ombudsman two months before.

7. The Deputy District Judge made the following order:-

1. The defendant give the claimant possession of 3 Fearn Chase, Carlton,
Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG4 1DN on or before 17 October 2012.

2. The defendant pay the claimant £45,763.85 being the amount outstanding
under the mortgage which is not to be enforced so long as the possession
order remains suspended.

3. This order is not to be enforced so long as the defendant pays the current
instalments under the mortgage the first instalment being paid on or
before 30th September 2012.

4. This matter shall be listed for review in six months on a date to be fixed by
the court.

5. Leave to appeal refused.

8. Clearly the Deputy District Judge found that there were arrears which entitled the Bradford & Bingley to possession but then went on to make the most generous suspended possession order by requiring only current monthly instalments to be maintained without any additional element towards arrears. It is not clear which side applied for permission to appeal.

As Tom filed a defence on 14 September 2012 - he knew about this hearing and of course the outcome being a suspended possession order.

13. During the second half of 2014 attempts to enforce the possession warrant were thwarted when a large number of protesters arrived on the dates set for execution of the warrants. This was covered in the local and national press.

14. In the face of a further warrant, Mr Crawford made an application to stay execution of that warrant which came before me as a matter of urgency on 2nd February 2015. Bradford & Bingley also attended by counsel. Mr Crawford wanted the warrant suspended on a number of grounds. He wanted to challenge the validity of the original possession order, the validity of the mortgage and the basis for enforcement of its terms (which were themselves disputed). From the outset I was puzzled as to how the mortgage term had reached expiry with the Crawfords owing more than they had originally borrowed. Exploration of that with both sides on 2nd February 2015 revealed that Bradford & Bingley believed that the original endowment policy taken out with the mortgage loan was no longer in existence and had certainly not matured so as to pay off the capital element of the original loan. Mr Crawford said that as far as he was concerned he had made all payments required of him. He believed that the monthly payments they were making to Bradford & Bingley included the endowment premium. He also complained that Bradford & Bingley had changed the terms of his mortgage without his consent.

If as claimed by Camp Crawford there had never been a warrant issues or a possession order granted - why did Tom make an application to stay a warrant and why did he challenge the validity of the order. If neither existed, he could not do either.
Last edited by Bones on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

My above two posts, whilst containing nothing new or that we didn't already know, serve to show how Tom and Co are willing to mislead people, when they know what they are telling people is not true. Shame on you Tom, Shame on you Ceylon, Shame on you Mr Ebert, Shame on you Michael O'Deria and shame on you Michael O'Bernica - otherwise known as the Crawford Legal advisors. You have all shown, how willing you are to hide the truth from and intentionally mislead people
Last edited by Bones on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

letissier14 wrote:

The CA analysis says there are 3.3 million interest only mortgages

A survey of 2,137 people is sufficient to make a robust statistical analysis of these mortgages and to base projections on that analysis.

The projection that out of the 3.3 million interest only mortgages, there is an estimated 1.7 million mortgages without an endowment or other repayment mechanism tied to them and of these over 900k without a plan for how the capital will be repaid. Although there will be a margin of error attached to these figures, it is an indication that there is potentially a substantial problem down the line i.e. 2017-18, 2027-28 and in 2032

As has been pointed out upthread, banks have already contacted borrowers with interest only mortgages which end within the next few years but the CA article indicates that less than a third of those borrowers have engaged with the lender. So it's certainly worthy of Citizens Advice campaigning for further mitigating strategies to be considered now.

Of course Tom, who has spend 27 years failing to understand his own mortgage, is the last person who should comment but who in view of his total failure to manage and resolve his own situation will be seen as an expert by the gullible FoTLers.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
ArthurWankspittle

Bones wrote:5. Leave to appeal refused.

It is not clear which side applied for permission to appeal.
It will have been the B&B. It is standard practise with some lender's solicitors and there may be a technical reason to ask. The case I was involved in the lender's solicitor asked with a resigned "I have to ask this as part of my job" tone of voice and the judge denied it with the same degree of interest. It was like it was a formality.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

The Deputy District Judge made the following order:-

1. The defendant give the claimant possession of 3 Fearn Chase, Carlton, Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG4 1DN on or before 17 October 2012.

2. The defendant pay the claimant £45,763.85 being the amount outstanding under the mortgage which is not to be enforced so long as the possession order remains suspended.

So even back in 2012, the Possession Order gave possession to B&B (suspended) and quite clearly stated the amount outstanding and that's the approx. amount he quoted on his initial post on GOODF. What I've never been clear about was who advised him to stop paying after the end of the 25 year period, I've looked through GOODF thread and can't see it on there, or was it just something he decided himself?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

There's a GOODF thread that ties White Rabbit to the decision to stop payments.

What is a new twist to the story is that per Knight's version of the last hearing, it was Mrs. Crawford who stopped payment at the 25 year mark because the husband was ill.

Which if true, would mean that it was not only Sue who stopped payments on the Endowment policy but also the one who stopped payments on the mortgage.