Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Am surprised and rather disapointed that people were saying dont bother to contact First Plus

Well i did and i am glad i did!, the Fraud team are now looking in to this as a matter of urgency, luckily the person had their first name on the document so they are able to find the customer as without it they were unable to just search on surname.

This is now being dealt with. The main issue being is the removal of the charge from the land registry and the issue of getting a charge reinstated.

I had a phone call back to thank me for passing this to their attention.

Shame on people saying not to bother making the call "because they should already know about these cheques" it easy on here to just call people out, but how many actually get directly involved and do what they can.....
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

littleFred wrote:In the collection of documents, Darren includes an image of his WeRe cheque. Which seems odd if he scanned the documents today, as he says he did. How come he still has the cheque? Could it be that he really paid off his loan with a genuine cheque, but is pretending he paid with a WeRe cheque? Perhaps he scanned the cheque before he sent it, and only scanned the other documents today.

(Incidentally, this shows us the new and improved cheques. The account number is no longer "88888888".)

If he did "pay" with a WeRe cheque, there will soon be red faces at Firstplus. This may be the first time that anyone other than Peter has got some real money for a WeRe cheque. This might make Firstplus somewhat unsympathetic towards him.

If anyone cares, Darren Darling has provided plenty of info, including his contacts at Firstplus, if anyone was thinking about snitching.
Aye this has already been taken care of :)
hardcopy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hardcopy »

I hate to say this, but here goes...Peter doesn't seem to be in REal trouble at all.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Am surprised and rather disapointed that people were saying dont bother to contact First Plus

Well i did and i am glad i did!, the Fraud team are now looking in to this as a matter of urgency, luckily the person had their first name on the document so they are able to find the customer as without it they were unable to just search on surname.

This is now being dealt with. The main issue being is the removal of the charge from the land registry and the issue of getting a charge reinstated.

I had a phone call back to thank me for passing this to their attention.

Shame on people saying not to bother making the call "because they should already know about these cheques" it easy on here to just call people out, but how many actually get directly involved and do what they can.....
Great news, we can now follow the Big Win to the end. Thanks for going out of the way and calling them, glad you did!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hello All

I have spoken to both First Plus and to Barclays separately (even though they are one in the same).

As Barclays is a clearing bank, it would have been Barclays that would have processed any cheque. Unfortunately, as this is not a complaint I am personally investigating at the moment, quite rightly they were not prepared to discuss specifics.

However, they are both aware of the fraudulent cheques being presented from WeRebank and have confirmed that these payments will not be processed. Indeed, one conversation was enlightening in that it was explained to me that when the cheques are centrally processed, the machines that process the cheques sort them into batches per bank. They do this by reading the sort-code, as the cheque goes through the machine they are separated into batches for each bank they are drawn on. In the case of WeReBank cheques, because the sort-code does not exist (except that it is just Peter's date of birth in reverse) the machine will not process the cheque and will need human intervention. Meaning that they will not even be processed.

Should also be pointed out that there is an error in the printing of these new cheques, which also means they can't be processed. I can only assume this was done intentionally by the printers

Whilst they could not tell me specifics they assured me that they would look into the matter and I helpfully gave them the details of the person making the claim being -

Mr Darren Darling born on 11th March 1975 of 11 Victoria Road, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6DB and his good lady wife Zoe
. :naughty: :naughty: :whistle:

One thing that was pointed out to me is that this WeRe Cheque is different from others as it does not have the account number 888888888, instead the account number is the account holder's date of birth. Which means that the account number also doesn't have enough numbers to be processed.

If I find out anything more I will let you know
Last edited by Bones on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Doubtless the were-people will jump up and down, complaining about interfering Quatloosians.

But they should have nothing to fear. If they and Peter are correct then no fraud has been committed, or any other crime, and Darren Darling need have no fear of jail.

Fraud doesn't need to "succeed" in order to be legally fraud. But when a fraudster actually gets away with some loot, the authorities pay more attention.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

littleFred wrote:Doubtless the were-people will jump up and down, complaining about interfering Quatloosians.

But they should have nothing to fear. If they and Peter are correct then no fraud has been committed, or any other crime, and Darren Darling need have no fear of jail.

Fraud doesn't need to "succeed" in order to be legally fraud. But when a fraudster actually gets away with some loot, the authorities pay more attention.
That is my hope. :D

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

this is their company
mannedoffice.com
Bones

Post by Bones »

timcurgenven1 wrote:this is their company
mannedoffice.com
I wonder how Darren would feel if someone tried to pay him via a Were Cheque

The again, business has not been to great for Darren

Bones

Post by Bones »

Strange you would think that they would not want to keep their successes !!!1!!!! private :Axe:

:beatinghorse:
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

You have to thank Mr Darling for providing such information to us to use, made him instantly traceable by First Plus who without that information would not have been able to find the account details

So if any Were Bank Fans are reading this then, please be ready for the consequences.!
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Oh andi think we need a "non posting" group account for Were Bank Forum so we can all log in and have a look whats going on
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

If they truly believe they have done nothing wrong, and believe that the checks are legal and are real, then what is there to worry about from sharing the information publicly. This information if true, would surly silence us critics, who know these checks have less value than the cost of the check.

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Darren Darling was entirely correct to give verifiable details. This way, the were-people will see that he can't be touched, and has successfully paid off his loan.
210368GP wrote:... We really need a more private forum to discuss and share information privately ...
But not for successes like this, surely? Darren has simply proven what Peter was saying all along: that the cheques work, and are entirely legal, and so forth. I'm sure the were-people want this shouted from the rooftops. I mean, this is the whole point of cheques, isn't it? To "pay" debts without actually paying anything? If it works, why keep it a secret?

Now that Darren has paid off a £14k loan with a WeRe cheque, he can pay his actual mortgage with another. I'm sure that will work, and were-people will want to proclaim yet another great success.

Or maybe the were-people have a sneaking suspicion that they might be breaking one of those pesky statutes, like the Fraud Act 2006. Peter has declared himself immune from statutes, so he's okay. And Peter has promised his members the full protection of Freeman Legal Services when they get into trouble. True, he doesn't actually answer calls for help, and doesn't go to court with them, but I'm sure his heart is in the right place.

(Where's that sarcasm emoticon thingy?)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

littleFred wrote: (Where's that sarcasm emoticon thingy?)

Code: Select all

:sarcasmon: 
:sarcasmon:

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

littleFred wrote:Doubtless the were-people will jump up and down, complaining about interfering Quatloosians.
I'm happy to be an interfering Quatloosian.
Also, it would be so much easier to argue to get the Land Registry charge re-instated if someone was found guilty of fraud. Just saying..... :whistle:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I do think someone at First Plus is going to be in trouble for discharging the debt, without having the check clear... I know my Internal Control and Risk department would come down on us like a ton of bricks, if we did something like that. Procedures, procedures, procedures. Very surprised this made it through, I bet they will have to go through a control review now, what fun...

timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I'm happy to be an interfering Quatloosian.
Also, it would be so much easier to argue to get the Land Registry charge re-instated if someone was found guilty of fraud. Just saying..... :whistle:
I really dont know the process for this, i would think a court order would be needed.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote:
... and his good lady wife Zoe
I wonder if she still will be when this is all over...
Bones

Post by Bones »

Anyone else find the celebrations of this werebank success !!!!!!1!! strangely mute

Over on GOODF there is one thread with only 9 posts.

Out of those 10 posts
2 are by Chong
2 are by Teddy
3 are by Calstag

With the other three posts being made by different people.

Where are the WeRe Bank support crew ?

There is also very strangely no mention of this success on Peter's facebook page by Peter or anyone else