"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:No doubt he will be asking for donations for his class action suit just like Roger Hayes (Mortgages) and Poe (Oil companies)... It will never happen of course like theirs didn't and the money will disappear into the aether.
Mark Gillard says he is "building a class action against GOODF to get it shut down for misleading vulnerable people". I do not think he has any clue what he is on about. "Class Action" barely exists as a species of litigation in UK. It's just a pleasing phrase which these idiots like to repeat to themselves (see also : Commercial Lien, Promissory Note, Estoppel, Citizens Arrest etc).
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
longdog wrote:No doubt he will be asking for donations for his class action suit just like Roger Hayes (Mortgages) and Poe (Oil companies)... It will never happen of course like theirs didn't and the money will disappear into the aether.
Mark Gillard says he is "building a class action against GOODF to get it shut down for misleading vulnerable people". I do not think he has any clue what he is on about. "Class Action" barely exists as a species of litigation in UK. It's just a pleasing phrase which these idiots like to repeat to themselves (see also : Commercial Lien, Promissory Note, Estoppel, Citizens Arrest etc).
They are like cult mantras, magic words, that sound important and powerful.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hercule Parrot wrote:..
Mark Gillard s... I do not think he has any clue what he is on about. ...
Damn. Just as I was coming to rely on him now I have to reassess his competence and reliability. I'm devastated. Can I sue you for anything?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Mark Gillard says he is "building a class action against GOODF to get it shut down for misleading vulnerable people". I do not think he has any clue what he is on about. "Class Action" barely exists as a species of litigation in UK. It's just a pleasing phrase which these idiots like to repeat to themselves (see also : Commercial Lien, Promissory Note, Estoppel, Citizens Arrest etc).
Not so long ago I was involved in a group who were complaining about a quasi-governmental organisation and the errors we perceived in its operations. Unfortunately the group, being made up of those who had a negative experience with this body, was soon populated by some of the more alternative group and some began involving and reposting various fmotl/ukcolumn articles.

They also talked very long and hard about bringing a class action, which I told them would fail and was a waste of time, both because a class action is not really known or used in law here and also because I struggled to see the grounds they would argue, they also wanted to launch a private prosecution for misconduct in public office against the head of the organisation. I pointed out that the head was unlikely to be prosecuted, what the CPS would do and how it would end up.

I then told them that all we would achieve as a group from this path would be to ensure the organisation closes the door in our faces and refuses to deal with any complaint from us. They didn't listen to me. Fortunately they also contacted lawyers who told them exactly the same thing I had told them and did listen to them.

Some people's knowledge of the legal system is entirely from American tv shows and films, they can't be told that class action doesn't exist here because they've seen Erin Brokovich and because they want or need it to be real. These people don't know how the world works, and instead have a firm grasp of a fantasy that outrages them.
Warning may contain traces of nut
NG3

Post by NG3 »

PeanutGallery wrote: Not so long ago I was involved in a group who were complaining about a quasi-governmental organisation and the errors we perceived in its operations. Unfortunately the group, being made up of those who had a negative experience with this body, was soon populated by some of the more alternative group and some began involving and reposting various fmotl/ukcolumn articles.
Ironically this is one of the reasons that some of these people are sometimes tolerated in some quarters, as they're quite good at taking legitimate complaints and turning them into a circus where the issues can be ignored, as people are to busy being appalled at the loonies to notice.

Not to conspiratorial levels, most of the time, but as a happy by-product.

In some countries the "counter culture" is a lot more manipulated.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Posted on the Gillard thread also but the first mention of the Haining injunction on GOODF (not yet deleted as the main thrust is to discredit Gillard and Bradley Knight.)

The poster call it a comedy show (people in glass houses and all that....)

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... fcL3u69KK0
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Pox wrote:Posted on the Gillard thread also but the first mention of the Haining injunction on GOODF (not yet deleted as the main thrust is to discredit Gillard and Bradley Knight.)
Still not deleted, but similarly no one took the bait.

Eta: I posted the following in the Poe thread, but it should probably reside in Ceylon's thread as it pertains to him.
Footloose52 wrote:Other than the family commitments he made me think, straight away, of Craig Crawfraud.
Seeing as criminal damage triggers costs, and therefore the courts, before sentencing, will want declarations of income and earnings, it will be quite interesting to hear what Craig declares, given the prosecution has video footage of him boasting about certain figures.

It will also be interesting to hear Haining's declarations in regards to YouTube monetisation, and Google AdSense revenue.

I assume both have declared those earnings to the tax man, and will declare them in court because perjury, attempting to pervert the course of justice and tax evasion are all serious, imprisonable offences, and there's going to be enough people there to point out the truth if they elected not to be honest.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

SriLankaC has been terminated on YouTube
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

NG3 wrote:SriLankaC has been terminated on YouTube
A tragic loss to humanity. Wonder if it was him, not got wind of him posting anything contravercial which could get him banned. His other channels, Mark Ceylon and Mark Seylon are still going.

Edit. Terminated because of multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement etc. So not him.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The only 'class' that lot need is one in basic thinking skills.
However, I fear they are beyond hope......
NG3

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote:His other channels, Mark Ceylon and Mark Seylon are still going.
So far...

I wonder if YouTube knows its the same person?

I wonder if the same people will make complaints against the other channels too?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Mark Gillard says he is "building a class action against GOODF to get it shut down for misleading vulnerable people". I do not think he has any clue what he is on about. "Class Action" barely exists as a species of litigation in UK. It's just a pleasing phrase which these idiots like to repeat to themselves (see also : Commercial Lien, Promissory Note, Estoppel, Citizens Arrest etc).
I had a read up of class action, it has to relate to the same exact issue for all claimants. e.g. if 400 workers have been paid below minimum wage then you can group all 400 claims together. The courts actually like this as it saves lots of separate claims. Gillard's case against GOODF fails immediately as too vague and diverse.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

That and does GOODF have a duty, either in common law or statute to provide accurate information and how would that duty comply with the rights to free speech?

Those posting on GOODF no doubt genuinely believe the world is run by reptillian lizard overlords and that chemtrails are out to get them and that the banks are run by a Jewish mafia who control the great houses of the world to keep the poor on the bottom. That is their belief and while I consider it to be a mistaken, misinformed and stupid thing to believe in, that alone gives me no right to say "you cannot believe in that" nor should I legislate that you should not believe in that. Everyone is free to believe in what they want, even if that belief to me is stupid.

Having said that GOODF does have a duty of care to only promote legitimate methods of getting out of debt and they may fall foul of some consumer protection information or possibly be in violation of trading standards rules or something like that, but I would say it's going to be hard to pin down exactly what is wrong and what law or guideline they have broken. Equally it might be that by giving advice they (GOODF and the Guru's) have created a common law duty of care by positioning themselves as an expert, to this end anyone reliant on advice promoted by GOODF to their obvious detriment would have a case against them.

If Gillard wanted to attack GOODF his best avenue would be to find somebody who followed one of the scams promoted by Ceylon on GOODF and have them launch a claim against Ceylon and/or the site webmasters for promoting it. Ceylon has tried to set himself up, through his YouTube channels and postings as an expert on getting out of debt, if someone has followed his advice to their detriment then it might be possible to convince a court to award damages or create a form of injunctive relief. However he would need to be very specific in his claim and argue nice and narrow points.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

GOODF claims to be entertainment, so gets away with it
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

fat frank wrote:GOODF claims to be entertainment, so gets away with it
And it is entertaining, if you like pointing and laughing at the stupid, which I do.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

The WeRe threads & Tom's were entertaining & now further amusement with yet another WeRe debate, which, could well be the last. I think Haining & co will let this run as he now knows (always probably did) that it was a scam. The rest of the stuff over there is utter garbage not worth reading
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

:haha: As i post Haining has removed the whole of that thread. PToE must have dropped in for a look & got on blower to pig tail. :naughty:
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

Losleones wrote:
The WeRe threads & Tom's were entertaining & now further amusement with yet another WeRe debate, which, could well be the last. I think Haining & co will let this run as he now knows (always probably did) that it was a scam. The rest of the stuff over there is utter garbage not worth reading

he knew it was a scam, yet promoted it
NG3

Post by NG3 »

fat frank wrote:
Losleones wrote:

he knew it was a scam, yet promoted it
In the same way it was shown he knew Tom hadn't paid his mortgage, yet he continued to cash in on it all by monetising the saga, and even encouraging it's continuation.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

When you think about it, that rooftop protest by Haining was to gain sympathy for himself & pander to his ever decreasing followers of the freeman woo. He couldn't care less if Tom lost his home & neither does he care about his forum members with their debts as all he posts is a smiley face or chastises anyone for not doing their research, deletes anything not to his taste locks threads & bans anyone who dares question a topic on woo.

A very bitter, angry wart on the arse of humanity. :naughty: