Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Greengrass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by Greengrass »

I don't know whether this has been posted previously but there is comment by the FCA over this @ http://www.fca.org.uk/news/consumer-notice-were-bank
NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NG3 »

Greengrass wrote:I don't know whether this has been posted previously but there is comment by the FCA over this @ http://www.fca.org.uk/news/consumer-notice-were-bank
We are concerned that vulnerable consumers may be attracted to WeRe Bank’s claim that they will be able to pay off their debts ‘for free’ using RE cheques, even though they have not had to pay any money into an account.

Cheque & Credit (C&C) is the interbank payment system in England, Scotland and Wales that processes cheques and other paper instruments. C&CCCL (Cheque and Credit Clearing Company Ltd) operates the C&C payment system. http://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk

The C&CCCL states that cheques are not legal tender and never have been. This means that if you owe someone money, they are not obliged to accept a cheque. Instead, a creditor is entitled to be paid in legal tender and can refuse payment in any other form.

We have received numerous reports from financial institutions, councils, utility companies and other businesses that have been presented with WeRe cheques by consumers attempting to pay off their debts. None of these institutions has accepted the cheques as legitimate payment.
You should also be aware that if you deal with a firm that is not authorised by us, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.
For the benefit of Goofys, those at the WeRe forum, such as Darren, and other vulnerable consumers, there it is in black and white. These cheques are not legal tender and never have been. No one has accepted the cheques as legitimate payment, nor are they obliged to, and the WeRe bank is essentially a scam.

Think of those promissory notes, and any other personal details you have given out, and therefore the scope for further financial exploitation, and then I advise you to get out of WeRe bank, and seek advice, help and protection from the potential future frauds you've opened yourself up to, and for your own sake stay away from GOODF and any other locations that are promoting these frauds, and basically setting you up as victims for their own profit.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Forsyth wrote:
Bones quoting PoE wrote:1. Claiming hours worked in Public (Public Work); this includes any work you have obtained via an employee, including unemployment benefits. Simply post a copy of your Pay Slip, Pay cheque, Giro and the corresponding amount will be credited to your Sterling account. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PUBLIC ID (NI or SS etc) NUMBER IS INCLUDED
Why a system that claims to operate completely outside of official scrutiny or influence would need to know your National Insurance or Social Security number is beyond me.

It does occur to me, however, that if you happened to be in possession of a large number of promissory notes for a significant total amount of money and were looking to realise a small fraction of their face value by selling them on, then being able to provide proof of the issuers address and income in the form of payslips might have an impact on the percentage of the face value that you would receive. It may also be seen as demonstrating the understanding of the obligation to pay the promissory note back as, after all, why would you need to provide proof of income to a company if there was no expectation for future payment?
That's what struck me, absolutely NO reason whatsoever for your NI / SS no. for this, so why insist on having it (probably a mandatory field so you have to type in something), so must be an ulterior motive and that can only be for future tracking and tracing purposes.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Under other more normal circumstances, I would say this was a prime identity theft scam, however for the life of me I can't begin to come up with a reason why ANYONE would want to steal the identities of these brain and credit dead cretins. Which isn't to say that PoE can't really mess with them even so, but it will ultimately only be in making a bad situation worse.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

From the link supplied by Greengrass:
You should also be aware that if you deal with a firm that is not authorised by us, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.
I doubt the GOOFs will be too concerned about not having access to those services. I would imagine they would seek compensation using a more direct approach. Such as kicking the shit out of PoE. If it happens I hope it gets captured on video for all of us to see.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:From the link supplied by Greengrass:
I doubt the GOOFs will be too concerned about not having access to those services.
I suspect they should be.

Let's revisit a previous case, for example. He has a mortgage on his home, the home he shares with his wife & their 4 kids. He's also handed a £150,000 promissory note to PoE.

Now I wouldn't want to wish the worst on anyone, but if this person were to have an accident, then PoE would have a £150,000 promissory note that, without this person to defend it, he could try to get a court to enforce, including attempting to have a charge put against that family home of this person.

If the worst came to the worst, the wife and the kids could end up with nothing, homeless and penniless, with no FSCS to protect them and whilst at that point she might dream of physical retribution against Peter, if he's sitting with a cheap bottle of wine, in a cafe in France, dining out at her expense, there's little chance of her running into him.

These people need to seek help, advice and protection immediately.
Last edited by NG3 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Taken from a FACEBOOK site today

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bagman »

i just located the correct address, its not the plush new offices, its a stinky one round the back,,,,,uwwww more tea matron :shrug: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.48100 ... 56!6m1!1e1
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bagman »

bagman wrote:i just located the correct address, its not the plush new offices, its a stinky one round the back,,,,,uwwww more tea matron :shrug: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.48100 ... 56!6m1!1e1
the office is 83,,,,to the left in the picture you an see 81,,,,so this is the hub of the con...
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

PoE mailing address

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

A screenshot of his mailing address is posted in an earlier PToE thread. Pretty impressive skyscraper isn't it. He's potentially got property also in Doncaster, Stoke on Trent & lives out of a wreck of a campervan when, i imagine, he's on the run or off collecting brown envelopes of nasty, toxic sterling.

I think Peter's focusing on new suckers & the initial charge of dud cheques & subs as surely no one in their right mind who's signed up to this madness is still paying that **** £10 each month. Then again we are dealing with freetards :shrug:
guilty

Post by guilty »

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Losleones wrote: I think Peter's focusing on new suckers & the initial charge of dud cheques & subs as surely no one in their right mind who's signed up to this madness is still paying that **** £10 each month. Then again we are dealing with freetards :shrug:
But don't they have to keep their account going, to update their "earnings", to convert to re to cover their promissory notes?

The "technical hitches" concerning no cheques being accepted and no actual means for payments to be transferred will be minor details, keeping their ledgers updated is what will concern some of them.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

letissier14 wrote:Taken from a FACEBOOK site today

Ah, such an expert in law we see here. They believe, I suppose because of no response from Barclays, that Barclays will be bound by the claims they made in their letters to Barclays, and with Barclays on the ropes they will set a "court president!" :haha:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
guilty

Post by guilty »

From PoE Facebook:
Rupert Jones at the Guardian would urgently like to speak you about WeRe Bank. Please call him on 0203 353 3587. Thanks
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
guilty

Post by guilty »

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of Peanut's first post about PoE in 'Peter of England: A REal guru'
Happy birthday!
NG3

Post by NG3 »

guilty wrote:From PoE Facebook:
Rupert Jones at the Guardian would urgently like to speak you about WeRe Bank. Please call him on 0203 353 3587. Thanks
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/s ... -were-bank
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NG3 wrote:Now I wouldn't want to wish the worst on anyone, but if this person were to have an accident, then PoE would have a £150,000 promissory note that, without this person to defend it, he could try to get a court to enforce, including attempting to have a charge put against that family home of this person.
It does seem feasible that PoE will keep an eye on Probate listings (there may even be an alert system or app) and make a claim if any of his old marks come through with an estate. Very tidy pension scheme for him, even if he only has very rare success.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

The £45.69 was for a minimum repayment. For my credit card, this would be 2.25% of the balance, so the balance would be £2030.67.
I scent a new scam ...
And he now wants an NI or Social Security number. Identity theft anyone?
This isn't a new scam. He always wanted NI or SS numbers. They must be provided to become a member. But now he wants copies of payslips, and that is new (and should sound alarm bells).
Geengrass wrote:... there is comment by the FCA ...
I am relieved that, at long last, the FCA have decided to speak. True, what they say is weak ("WeRe doesn't seem to do anything that would require regulation, so it's not our concern"), but at least it is something. This needs shouting to the WeRe suckers:
FCA wrote:We believe that you are unlikely to be able to pay any of your debts using a cheque from WeRe Bank. Instead, you may end up with additional charges from your creditors for late payment. You could eventually be subject to other sanctions such as County Court Judgements or repossession proceedings.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

NG3 wrote:
guilty wrote:From PoE Facebook:
End game being played out here then...

Aren't there some mobile numbers PoE uses for " clearing " that someone could pass on to the chap at the Grauniad?

In the distance ( somewhere in France ) a lone piper plays the last post............