The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by Forsyth »

YiamCross wrote:Ah, those were the days. Now you won't find a bank to lend a brass farthing to a Ltd company without the directors securing it on their personal assets if the company doesn't have assets of its own. Even a small unsecured loan has to be underwritten by the directors. There are very few protections or financial advantages offered by limited companies now. Just horrendous auditing costs and lots of bloody red tape.
Yes, you're probably quite correct, especially so at the time this took place.

Unfortunately, the decision to walk away from a big deal rather than to take the risk and fund it yourself is an extremely hard one to make. People who run their own businesses tend to do so because they are confident in their own abilities and are less risk adverse than might be expected. When the gambles pay off we view them as a successful entrepreneur and if they don't we see them as failures, but in reality it is often more down to luck than judgement.
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Daft Ada wrote:Not done her research which may explain why she is in difficulties now.
RBS is selling its high street branches anyway.

Accounts and personal loans will then become the property of Williams and Glynn.
So customers are being forced to move from RBS.

I happen to know this as I am an RBS personal account holder and actually read the updates they send me.
And before any freetard starts up the "conspiracy" theories about a new bunch of interstella aliens who have a need to finance an invasion of planet "wig'ole", there is nothing underhand going on and all information is available to read (If you posses the brain power to read anything other than Facebook posts and the racing post)
Not really, RBS is only hiving off (in England) the small proportion of its branches that are branded Royal Bank of Scotland. Most branches are branded NatWest and will be unaffected. So unless her contract is specifically related to the RBS brand, it's not an issue.
Daft Ada
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Daft Ada »

Exactly.
her calling on people to close their RBS accounts will have no effect as they are moving anyway.

I personally have never had a problem with and always found them helpful and imformative.

I hope her her sake she steers clear of help from the usual suspects and seeks a better solution.
Who's more foolish?
The fool, or the fool who follows him.
guilty
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by guilty »

She also received an (undisclosed) settlement from RBS when the contract was cancelled.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
longdog

Post by longdog »

If this is a case where a small business has made a large investment to secure a single contract and then going bust when the contract fails to materialise it's hardly unique and pretty much covered in paragraph one, page one of the idiot's guide to running your own business. Or... As the old saying goes... Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. :naughty:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

longdog wrote:If this is a case where a small business has made a large investment to secure a single contract and then going bust when the contract fails to materialise it's hardly unique and pretty much covered in paragraph one, page one of the idiot's guide to running your own business. Or... As the old saying goes... Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. :naughty:
Have to agree with that...

My brother and one of his mate both run small cleaning companies. My brother does contract work for half a dozen or more different companies, whereas his mate did the cleaning for just 1 housing association. He was getting approx £90k of work a year from them and then 6 months ago he was given 3 months notice.

He went from 90k a year down to zero in 3 months (all his eggs in one basket) and as he can no longer afford his mortgage, he has put his house up for sale and is downsizing.
Last edited by letissier14 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
NG3

Post by NG3 »

letissier14 wrote: He went from 90k a year down to zero in 3 months (all his eggs in one basket) and as he can no longer afford his mortgage, he has put his house up for sale and is downsizing.
If he's had the good sense to downsize and re-consolidate, in order to protect his assets, then I've a feeling he'll be ok & bounce back.

An old friend of mine from the island, George Doorman, made his millions, lost them, made them back again, lost them again, made them back again, lost them again, & made them back again, but then he never went down the Goofy route, and sought to blame the world, he just dusted himself down and put his shoulder back to the grindstone again.

In many cases (although obviously not all) the biggest person holding someone back is themselves.

I have a feeling your brothers mate will learn from his mistake and be ok in the long term.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

In other words, Deira wants people who saw the cops being aggressive to testify because then that would mean Monika spat at the cop in self defense?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:In other words, Deira wants people who saw the cops being aggressive to testify because then that would mean Monika spat at the cop in self defense?
Sounds about right. If he wants video of people being aggressive he only needs to watch GingerChis's videos. There's an old guy who drives his car at the Police and pushes a couple of them in those videos.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NG3

Post by NG3 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:There's an old guy who drives his car at the Police and pushes a couple of them in those videos.
That's not the same old guy who was threatening people that he could get several hundred people down there in 5 minutes?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

NG3 wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:There's an old guy who drives his car at the Police and pushes a couple of them in those videos.
That's not the same old guy who was threatening people that he could get several hundred people down there in 5 minutes?
its also the same bloke who said he could ruin a business any time he wanted, by getting people to boycott it,

the bloke is a ego manic and has shown his true colours,
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Jeffrey wrote:In other words, Deira wants people who saw the cops being aggressive to testify because then that would mean Monika spat at the cop in self defense?
What a prick Deira is, I have seen at least 2 video's of her clearly spitting at the cop. One was on Derbs (Johnathon Dow) You Tube channel and she clearly tells him, the guy who looks like he needs a wash, what she is being arrested for.

Both those videos also show the police dealing with a crowd that were trying to block the passage of the removal van that was "stealing" Tom's possessions, although he knew what was in that van and was given ample instruction and opportunities to recover his "stolen" property.

It's typical of people like Deira to try and defend her actions by pleading she was provoked, whatever the provocation, and their appears to be little or none going from the videos I have seen, their is no excuse for spitting in a persons face, it was and is a vile and disgusting act. Deira is another though that likes to call the Police "Cuntstable's" so no surprise the little shit is trying to defend her. It's a good thing in a way, with his help she has far more chance of being found guilty.
Last edited by Skeleton on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Pox

Post by Pox »

I wonder what O'deira means when he says the CPS are 'attempting to restart the matter'?

Was it ever stopped/paused/put on hold?

Given that there is a hearing on the 23/9 why leave it so late to start asking for help?

I wonder if something has happened that makes them think things aren't looking good for Monika?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Is O'Deira that streak of piss with a pig tail?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Losleones wrote:Is O'Deira that streak of piss with a pig tail?
Yes, her partner.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Skeleton wrote:
Losleones wrote:Is O'Deira that streak of piss with a pig tail?
Yes, her partner.
Ahh, thought so thanks. He's at most evictions I've seen on yootube spouting nonsense usually waving a camera around. The irony is, these freetards post up all the evidence the authorities need to get a conviction :shrug:
Bones

Post by Bones »

He is one of the Crawford's legal advisers. google rogue male

Much like the rest of the legal team, he could not even stop himself being evicted so I don't know why he thinks he can stop others from being evicted. The other Michael lost his family's properties, Guy lost his and of course Ebert

Hold on, that is a common theme isn't it. Now Tom Crawford and Elizabeth Watson are now doing exactly the same thing.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And you know what they say about history? Sounds on par here.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Pox wrote:I wonder what O'deira means when he says the CPS are 'attempting to restart the matter'?

Was it ever stopped/paused/put on hold?

Given that there is a hearing on the 23/9 why leave it so late to start asking for help?

I wonder if something has happened that makes them think things aren't looking good for Monika?
Total stab in the dark, but I believe she is not from the UK, I have not mentioned it up to now but maybe they have cottoned onto the fact that if she is in on a non-permanent visa and is found guilty of an offence, immigration may well review her status, they certainly would in Australia. Maybe that is the reason for the sudden panic.