Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by Bones »

longdog

Post by longdog »

By the time Poe has reported that on Facebbok it will read...

This is a - - bank that is not governed by the Bank of England - - - - - - - - . The - bank is selling chequebooks and - people are using them to pay their debts.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

wanglepin wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:At least this latest episode will give us something with which we can continually taunt PoE.
So you think this will never happen then Rumpel? I can't understand your attitude at times.:lol:
If I thought for one moment that Conman of England really was going to sue the Daily Mirror I would join his band of merry men and send him two quid myself. In fact......scrub that......sod the expense......I would double up and send him four quid.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I think all of the attention Peter's scam is now getting, in the national press, will hasten his arrest and the ultimate end of this venture. At the very least a lot of significant financial reporters are saying what we've been saying for a year, which is that WeRe Bank can't and won't work.

That should help to dissuade a number of suckers from joining (although I believe that the suckers already embroiled in the scam will double down).
Warning may contain traces of nut
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Gibberish post over on goofy that would make more sense had his pet hamster been playing on his keyboard. Actinglikeabankerwanker wrote in reference to a PN ;
an offer to pay being a cheque (which it is)
Er, no it's not. A cheque is a negotiable instrument in writing which instructs a financial institution to pay a specific amount of money from a specific account held in the depositor's name.

A PN is a written, dated & signed 2 party document in which the borrower & lender agree terms to settle the sum of money at a specific time unconditionally.
and any refusal to pay by x, y, z, entity automatically means that the debt is void
Er, a cheque is not legal tender & can be refused by anybody....just ask Peter.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... gpfb9R4WrU
longdog

Post by longdog »

Losleones wrote:Gibberish post over on goofy that would make more sense had his pet hamster been playing on his keyboard. Actinglikeabankerwanker wrote in reference to a PN ;
an offer to pay being a cheque (which it is)
Er, no it's not. A cheque is a negotiable instrument in writing which instructs a financial institution to pay a specific amount of money from a specific account held in the depositor's name.

A PN is a written, dated & signed 2 party document in which the borrower & lender agree terms to settle the sum of money at a specific time unconditionally.
and any refusal to pay by x, y, z, entity automatically means that the debt is void
Er, a cheque is not legal tender & can be refused by anybody....just ask Peter.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... gpfb9R4WrU
Unfortunately you are talking about bunch of morons who think that a promise to pay (which you have no intention of fulfilling) and payment are the same thing.

They also think they have secret birth bond, that a payment slip can be turned into a payment, that they can copyright their name and charge people £1,000,000 for using it and that criminal charges can be evaded by sending the summons back as addressee not recognised.

These people will clearly believe any old pony if it fits in with their bizarre world-view, why would they not believe you can pay your debts with a fake cheque?

I've never owned a hamster but I don't think even their tiny rodent brains would fall for this shit.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

PeanutGallery wrote:That should help to dissuade a number of suckers from joining (although I believe that the suckers already embroiled in the scam will double down).
Doubt it, the target audience of The Times, Telegraph etc. are not the ones the message needs to get to, I highly doubt one f those readers would be stupid enough to fall for this scam in the first place.

If they want the message in front of suckers then it needs to be in the first or last 3 pages of The Sun, Mirror and local rags.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

oh deary me. woody ed has been told to stop posting on the "Mirror class action", it is his own thread :haha:
http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... gp0KjTF98E
Wooden head wrote:Why would a mod request people to leave this thread alone when it is obviously of big interest to WeRe bank members and on going???????.WeRe members who have sunk hard earned money into it have an invested interest in the "Class Action" and deserve to be informed.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Most probably why Haining failed in his business ventures. It's my way or the highway approach. :naughty:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Losleones wrote:Most probably why Haining failed in his business ventures. It's my way or the highway approach. :naughty:
That and his ability to stick with a bad plan even when EVERYTHING is going in the opposite direction.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Losleones wrote:Most probably why Haining failed in his business ventures. It's my way or the highway approach. :naughty:
It'll be interesting to see how that works out when he runs into a serious player.

Most of the characters we've run into so far are of the joke variety. The kind that are really just trying to avoid paying their parking ticket, or catalogue bill, while pretending it's got something to do with bringing down a corrupt system.

At the other end of the spectrum you get dangerous crazies, the type that are labelled domestic terrorists, because they have an arms cache buried in the woods, and are deadly serious about challenging the system.

If he tries his heavy handed censorship with that type he'll instantly brand himself as a troll/agent/shill (and possibly paedophile - you know how they love using that one) and unlike the jimmy's of this world they won't be playing. That type can be very serious, and very deadly.

The same goes for PoE, they are swimming in a dangerous pond, one that doesn't always turn to the police or courts for resolution.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

http://www.atozforex.com/news/were-bank-warning/

Bloody hell, a fraud warning against WeRe Bank coming out of Lagos!
longdog

Post by longdog »

NG3 wrote:The same goes for PoE, they are swimming in a dangerous pond, one that doesn't always turn to the police or courts for resolution.
I must confess I haven't really been following the ins and outs of Mark Colon's disagreements with other lunatics but I agree with you wholeheartedly about Poe. If I were him I'd be seriously thinking about a permanent disappearing act while his luck still holds out. Most of his target audience are ineffectual, inadequate and don't have the intelligence to realise they've been had even when it's all over and dusted... But... There are also some seriously deranged and dangerous people swimming in the same gene-pool and if one of them turns on him he could find himself anywhere from intensive care to the cemetery.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

http://solihulltradingstandards.com/201 ... e-cheques/

An old warning here, this one from May 2015.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote:
That and his ability to stick with a bad plan even when EVERYTHING is going in the opposite direction.
You have to hand to P of E. Every time he comes up with a money scamming idea (Class action in this case) it shows ceylon Mark Haining up for what he really is. It is a bit too late for him to hope that this sorry story will just go away. He's been in on it since the day of its launch and he won't be able to shake it off by locking and deleting threads or trying to gag his own members who have fell for Peters very good con and denying them the right to know both sides of the story.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

At this point I just want the arrest to happen so we find out how much dosh he made off selling the fake checkbooks.

And GOODF was integral to promotion of WeRe bank, IMO the attempt to distance reeks of an attempt for the website to avoid being taken down along with Peter.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Jeffrey wrote:At this point I just want the arrest to happen so we find out how much dosh he made off selling the fake checkbooks.
With the number of foreign reports it will be interesting to see if someone else tries to get in first with an extradition attempt for something like mail fraud first.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NG3 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:At this point I just want the arrest to happen so we find out how much dosh he made off selling the fake checkbooks.
With the number of foreign reports it will be interesting to see if someone else tries to get in first with an extradition attempt for something like mail fraud first.
We know pretty much for a fact that Poe has sold at least one of his chequebooks in the US as evidenced by the brainless cretin that's being evicted which I assume is "mail-fraud" over there but there's not really an equivalent offence in the UK so I assume that's not an extraditable offence.

What we need is the f**ker to be charged in the UK with fraud which I would've thought would be a cut and dry case. Sadly TPTB don't seem to be that bothered.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote: Sadly TPTB don't seem to be that bothered.
I would imagine a case like this requires a mountain of paperwork, and would encounter a lot of bureaucracy.

I would imagine they have a stack of reports and complaints from a number of different constabularies up and down the country that have to move up and down the food chain and side to side between forces, and then some poor sod has to collate them all, and try to figure the best way to proceed.

Can you imagine having to sift through scores of statements, where some will be coming from freemen, talking like Ebert, Crawford, or Ceylon, in idiotic gibberish and hyperbole, and trying to determine exactly what you can use from them?

I pity that officer.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

NG3 wrote:
longdog wrote: Sadly TPTB don't seem to be that bothered.
I would imagine a case like this requires a mountain of paperwork, and would encounter a lot of bureaucracy.

I would imagine they have a stack of reports and complaints from a number of different constabularies up and down the country that have to move up and down the food chain and side to side between forces, and then some poor sod has to collate them all, and try to figure the best way to proceed.

Can you imagine having to sift through scores of statements, where some will be coming from freemen, talking like Ebert, Crawford, or Ceylon, in idiotic gibberish and hyperbole, and trying to determine exactly what you can use from them?

I pity that officer.
As well as the general reticence of some of Peter's customers to talk to the police about the scam or even view it as being a scam, which will also make gathering reliable evidence somewhat difficult. They should know that Peter is making the cheque books and selling them, that he is encouraging people to use them to clear debts and that he is charging for this service.

I would like to think that an arrest is not going to be far off, but that may be wishful thinking, however I remain convinced that the increased media and FCA attention is going to compel some form of action, as this cannot be allowed to continue lest other, more sophisticated scammers get in on the act and develop this con into something more insidious.