jimmywx11

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: jimmywx11

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:jimmy you have admitted on GOOFERS that you are reading this thread. I am challenging you to come here and discuss your payment to the finance company with a WeRe cheque. We can't come to GOOFS because we will be banned. Do you have the bollocks to come here?
Our Boy is actually quite a liar , especially concerning WeRe activities . Barclaycard Jimmy.....you just knew that would be checked out (pun intended). The new kitchen?.....Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy like all your Goofy schemes pure lies.
The trouble is Jim you have spent so much time winding the clock now you are going to have to hear it strike.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

One-Cell has posted up his stunning Barclaycard victory. Conveniently it cannot be read clearly not that it would matter, but I'm surprised Barclays Bank haven't just shredded the cheque & issued a final demand for real money.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... iNcI5R4WrU
ETA. This proves absolutely nothing having read the letter now as there is no mention of a Were forged instrument. One-Cell may have paid for his someone else's new kitchen with some of his "war chest stash" :brickwall:
Last edited by Losleones on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Losleones wrote:One-Cell has posted up his stunning Barclaycard victory. Conveniently it cannot be read clearly not that it would matter, but I'm surprised Barclays Bank haven't just shredded the cheque & issued a final demand for real money.
ETA. Norwood interiors will be receiving a phone call at 9:30am tom along with the phone number Cell provided. :naughty:
I will call bullshit. There is nothing on that letter that proves he used a Weird bank cheque to clear anything. Jimmy dipping into his war chest perhaps because Barclays i am 100% certain are well aware of fake Weird bank cheques.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Skeleton wrote:
Losleones wrote:One-Cell has posted up his stunning Barclaycard victory. Conveniently it cannot be read clearly not that it would matter, but I'm surprised Barclays Bank haven't just shredded the cheque & issued a final demand for real money.
ETA. Norwood interiors will be receiving a phone call at 9:30am tom along with the phone number Cell provided. :naughty:
I will call bullshit. There is nothing on that letter that proves he used a Weird bank cheque to clear anything. Jimmy dipping into his war chest perhaps because Barclays i am 100% certain are well aware of fake Weird bank cheques.
Yip, just edited my post. Hope someone with half a brain will point this out on GIDF......Mmmm :thinking:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Losleones wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Yip, just edited my post. Hope someone with half a brain will point this out on GIDF......Mmmm :thinking:
LOL i fear you may be waiting a while mate.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Skeleton wrote:
Losleones wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
to be fair he is already being asked why he used a Wierd cheque when he knows it will be returned.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Skeleton wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Losleones wrote: Yip, just edited my post. Hope someone with half a brain will point this out on GIDF......Mmmm :thinking:
to be fair he is already being asked why he used a Wierd cheque when he knows it will be returned.
Yes that's semi wired up Weary Bank debunker mrflibble but actinglikeabankerwanker never fails to fail. :shrug:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Losleones wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Yes that's semi wired up Weary Bank debunker mrflibble but actinglikeabankerwanker never fails to fail. :shrug:
Agreed. Nothing to say but has to say something, Ceylon found his joke funny. I am waiting for Swifty to appear, see which side he is on today about Weird Bank :)
Bones

Post by Bones »

As One Cell has stopped paying Peter £10 per month, it is very unlikely that Peter would clear his cheque.(even if Peter did, it will still eventually be reversed as "energy" is not accepted form of payment

As Darren found out with First Plus (Barclays), it is only a matter of time before any payment (if this actually was one) made with a WeRe cheque is reversed.

One cell has already posted about getting this kitchen for free, so he is knowingly trying to commit fraud

2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2)A representation is false if—

(a)it is untrue or misleading, and

(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

You would have to be some kind of super idiot to post on a forum, knowing that everyone knows your real name and your address and boast about knowingly committing fraud
Bones

Post by Bones »

Really ?

How many people have tried to make payments with WeRe cheques to only have the payment reversed weeks later.

No one has had any success with WeRe cheques, even one that has claimed success has within weeks had the debt reinstated
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Ahem. If payment was made by a 'false instrument' which later bounces, then back-tracking can and will occur.

This tendency towards magical thinking* is one of the least endearing aspects of the GOOFY/OPCA rabble. The judge walked out of the court, so the case is dismissed. The cops refused to say they were on their oath, so the arrest wasn't lawful. There's no wet ink signature on the warrant so it isn't real. I didn't agree to contract with the Road Traffic Act, so I'm exempt from it. Legal "maxims" from a US SovCit website have more authority than a UK court order. Blah blah blah, they seem impervious to rational logic.

* "the attribution of causal relationships between actions and events which seemingly cannot be justified by reason and observation" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:As One Cell has stopped paying Peter £10 per month, it is very unlikely that Peter would clear his cheque.

You would have to be some kind of super idiot to post on a forum, knowing that everyone knows your real name and your address and boast about knowingly committing fraud
Call me a cynic but ....

Is the type of language used in the 'Barclays' letter the type you would expect - seems a bit informal to me?

It's been many years since I have had any type of loan so maybe things have changed?

And who is Norwood Interiors Li ?
Shouldn't it be Ltd? (could be a typo on behalf of Barclays - or someone :thinking: - someone who isn't very good at spelling :thinking: ).
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

That letter does not prove jimmy's claim. In fact there is no mention of the recipient of any cheque whatsoever. It is probably enough to fool the GOOF thickos but thankfully over here we have higher standards. So, jimmy get your arse over here and let us talk to you.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Jimmy comes across as the kind of guy to type something up himself to 'prove' his claim is genuine.

The Grammar in it alone is enough to give away that it wasn't typed by anybody at Barclay's, I've never had a letter from a bank titled Good news!

Jimmy, you forgot to add this, maybe a re-edit is needed:
We confirm receipt of your WeRe cheque number 88888888 in fullsettlement of the outstanding balance.

There, add that and you might even fool Dante that the letter is genuine... cos nobody else believes you.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

One-Cell must not have had much attention as a snotty nosed child & is making up for it in his not so adult life. Only 1 goofer (mrflibble) who is a Weary Bank debunker has said exactly how it will be. That letter is dubious as stated up thread but it can't be Jim's handwork as there's only a couple of grammatical errors.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Actually iI take that back, a quick scoot around Google reveals this letter seems to be a template type letter they use, it's also worth noting that although Barclay's name is connected, the company was formally Clydesdale Bank which is now part of Barclaycard, Barckay's Bank PLC likely have about as much input in the day to day running as the Queen does Paliment, the companies core demographic is, dare I say it, simple folk who would be excited by receiving such a letter of this type, which probably explains the child like nature that the letter is written in.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Personally, I don't see any reason to doubt that the letter is genuine. The informal tone is something a number of companies are adopting as a way of engaging with the Twitter generation and, as the letter is intended to signal the settlement of an account, there is no need for it to use formal legal terms (legalese, if you like) for the protection of the bank.

The spelling of the company name as "Norwood Interiors (UK) Li" is, I suspect, simply a truncation of the name Norwood Interiors (UK) Limited, and not an uncommon sight on automated letters sent without any human oversight.

I also suspect that Norwood Interiors have no great interest in whether the account has been settled or not. The likelihood is that they were paid in full, albeit at a reduced rate, when the finance was first arranged. The effect of the finance agreement is probably such that Jimmy has a loan with Barclays which was used to purchase his kitchen, and if he fails to pay the loan off Norwood Interiors are not out of pocket, but Barclays are.

I do find it interesting that Jimmy has managed to obtain finance despite his unwillingness to use a recognised name. It is possible that credit checks for property renovations are subject to a lower standard of proof than normal, on the basis that the value is delivered at a fixed location and therefore comes with an intrinsic proof of address.

My personal impression is that the letter is likely to be a true representation of a letter he has received, and that he believes that this means his account has been settled in full by a Were Bank cheque. I am reluctant to accept that the account has, in fact, been settled in the manner he claims. I suspect that, as others have predicted, that the payment will be reversed in due course by Barclays.
Pox

Post by Pox »

FatGambit wrote:Actually iI take that back, a quick scoot around Google reveals this letter seems to be a template type letter they use, it's also worth noting that although Barclay's name is connected, the company was formally Clydesdale Bank which is now part of Barclaycard, Barckay's Bank PLC likely have about as much input in the day to day running as the Queen does Paliment, the companies core demographic is, dare I say it, simple folk who would be excited by receiving such a letter of this type, which probably explains the child like nature that the letter is written in.
OK, maybe I am too cynical :oops:

As I clearly don't fit the demographic profile of one of Clydesdale's customers (simple folk :snooty: )! this explains why I have never seen such a style of writing from a bank.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Forsyth wrote:Personally, I don't see any reason to doubt that the letter is genuine.
I would concur with that assessment, however my reasoning was that Jimmy doesn't strike me as having the brains or ability to forge that letter, nor do I think he would deceive the GOODF brigade. However that doesn't rule out him deceiving the non-Goodf brigade, and he does talk about having 'other' names. I would think he might have used an alias to gain credit that he might not otherwise be entitled to have and I also would surmise that he might also use an alias, if James Wyld is declared bankrupt to try and get around the restrictions of bankruptcy.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

As an aside on false representation, I was a (minor) creditor in a (large) bankruptcy in the US in 1989. As a creditor, I received copies of correspondence sent from the debtor to the receiver (until I settled by reducing my claim from $1000 to the $400 for claims in group 4B to be paid automatically). One of the assertions made was that the CFO's statement to the bank (class 4A creditor) could not be fraud because no rational person would believe it.

I didn't follow the case after I settled.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95