Brown supporter arrests (continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

CaptainKickback wrote: I understand you can receive a fre copy in certain airport men's room by tapping out the secret code.

But it only works if you wear Tony Llama boots...... :roll: :wink: :twisted:
The Illuminati already got Larry Craig with that. He was told to go to the end stall in the men's room, tap out the code and flash his secret decoder ring to prove his membership at which time he would recieve his copy of "Illuminati Dictionary: Quatloosian Edition". They then had a cop wait in the next stall and told him it was all secret code for soliciting gay sex in a public restroom. Larry then pointed out he was a Senator (thus proving his Illuminati membership, and showing he only wanted a dictionary) which got mistaken as an attempt to use his position to get out of legal trouble.

It was all an honest mistake, Larry was simply trying to learn more about the tax laws.

That is unless you have a better defense.. :)
webhick wrote: What happened to your copy of the Illuminati Dictionary: Quatloosian Edition? If you've lost it, just walk into your local bookstore and ask for the Llama book. When they hand you a copy of "Learning Perl", put a hand over one eye and insist they give you the "Other" Llama book.

Arrggghh.
Hey, wait a minute, "the llama book" isn't code for "gay sex" is it? I smell a setup.. :x :oops: :wink:
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Just to be fair to Danny.
Is there really a law forbidding self-proclaimed non-citizens of convienence to aid convicted felons in their flight from the law and supply them with food and ammunition so they can carry out the terroristic threats they made against law enforcement?

:twisted:

P.S. Don't get me going on the Larry Craig thingy... He's toast if it were to go to trial. His behavior is so common here that we fully support having cops run these stings just to keep some of our public restrooms from becoming Turkish bath houses. And yes, I've had the toe tappers try to pick me up.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Supporter of Browns loses his lawyer

By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff

October 04. 2007 12:30AM

Daniel Riley, one of four men facing felony charges for helping Plainfield tax protesters Ed and Elaine Brown, has parted ways with his lawyer.

According to a recent court filing from Mark Howard, a former federal prosecutor who was assigned to Riley's case, "Circumstances have developed in the course of the representation that have caused an irremediable breakdown in the attorney client relationship."

The filing indicates that Riley supported Howard's request to withdraw and that prosecutors had no objection.

Riley is accused of conspiring with other Brown supporters to help the couple escape arrest, aiding and abetting the couple, and bringing weapons to their house.

He waived his right to a court hearing to contest his detention and is being held in jail until his trial, scheduled for next month. In numerous internet postings and video recordings, Riley has asserted his belief that no law compels ordinary Americans to pay income taxes and that the Browns, who were convicted of conspiring to evade taxes, have done nothing wrong.

Court documents indicate that Riley provided investigators with detailed intelligence about explosives and weapons inside the house when he was briefly detained by marshals in June. The documents also say that Riley told marshals that he planned to help the couple escape justice and that he brought them weapons, including a .50-caliber rifle.

The Browns have remained holed up in their well-fortified concrete home for nearly eight months, entertaining a rotating cast of supporters and warning that any attempts to arrest them will end in bloodshed.
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I did a quick check with a criminal defense attorney buddy. Not only did Dogwalker's fired attorney not suck on paper, he also didn't suck in court.

This is will end very badly for you Dogwalker. :?
Evil Squirrel Overlord

CaptainKickback wrote:I find it so amusing and yet distressingly bucolic and provincial. But to be fair, we in CA don't understand the fuss and why airport men's rooms are the gay pick up spots in MN. See, in CA there are communities that are particularly noted for being gay communities or areas and are generally known as such by the populace. In the OC it is Laguna Beach and parts of Hunington Beach. Ditto Palm Springs and Cathedral City. San Francisco and parts of L.A.
We have our places too. (Sometimes I think I am the only straight man in this city.) I know of several places where men can drive by in their cars and have other men just hop in. However, every year Mother Nature makes a serious attempt to kill us. We call this phenomenon "Winter". I don't care how "hot" it could be with any animal vegetable or mineral, it's COLD and people want to be warm! That is about the only *reasonable* explanation I can give to the restroom/rest stop pick up phenomenon. I will not attempt to explain said behavior beyond that.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:P.S. Don't get me going on the Larry Craig thingy... He's toast if it were to go to trial. His behavior is so common here that we fully support having cops run these stings just to keep some of our public restrooms from becoming Turkish bath houses. And yes, I've had the toe tappers try to pick me up.
So being annoying is a crime in Minnesota?

Seriously, if trying to score some sex in an annoying way is a crime, then tens of thousands of men could be arrested and convicted every day.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

And yes, I've had the toe tappers try to pick me up.
Thay there, thsquirrel,

Tap, tap

tap-tap

tap

tap, tap
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

No news on the arrests of Ed @ Elaine at makeastand.com, but did see the following:

Donat-O-Meter
DEFENSE FUND FOR THE FOUR ARRESTED!!!
Make donations with PayPal!
Donat-o-Meter Stats

September´s Goal: $10000.00
Due Date: Now!
Amount in: $450.00
Balance: $433.94
Left to go: $9566.06
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

September´s Goal: $10000.00

Amount in: $450.00
Can't wait to hear what October's goal is. Perhaps they'll come closer than 5%.

$200 sounds about right, although, considering that E&E have finally been incarcerated, interest in the associated idiots may wane and even $10 may be unattainable.

Considering that they think that a "real" attorney goes for $50K, it'll only take them somewhere between 10 and 1,000 years to retain one. I think they need about 4 "real" atorneys, so make that between 40 and 4,000 years.

Carry on, TP paytriots! You can prove that you are in fact the idiots that you appear to be! Go for it!
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Evil Squirrel Overlord

LPC wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:P.S. Don't get me going on the Larry Craig thingy... He's toast if it were to go to trial. His behavior is so common here that we fully support having cops run these stings just to keep some of our public restrooms from becoming Turkish bath houses. And yes, I've had the toe tappers try to pick me up.
So being annoying is a crime in Minnesota?

Seriously, if trying to score some sex in an annoying way is a crime, then tens of thousands of men could be arrested and convicted every day.
Well it's not the trying or being annoying, but the having sex in public bathrooms. If two men meet up in public and wander to a private place, that is cool with me. However, having sex in said public bathroom where children are welcome is not appropriate behavior and these grown men should know that.
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Truthstalker wrote:
And yes, I've had the toe tappers try to pick me up.
Thay there, thsquirrel,

Tap, tap

tap-tap

tap

tap, tap
Gawd! Would you stop staring at me through the crack in the stall door... I am trying to poop here.

Men! Hmmpf!