Ed and Elaine Brown arrested

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I cannot even begin to add up how much I would pay for a video of the arrest. At least 200 Quatloos, maybe even much more.

Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

It took way too long but at least when it was done, it was done well.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

The Observer wrote: Wait a minute...are you saying that the marshalls went in dressed with feather boas and gold lame suits?
Unfortunately, the marshal declined to answer questions about what the arresting officers were wearing.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Scoop wrote:
The Observer wrote: Wait a minute...are you saying that the marshalls went in dressed with feather boas and gold lame suits?
Unfortunately, the marshal declined to answer questions about what the arresting officers were wearing.
Is there a video online of the Marshall's press conference?
Last edited by Dezcad on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

And another keyboard bites the dust.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Dezcad wrote:
Scoop wrote:
Is there video online of the Marshall's press conference?
Not that I know of. One crew wanted to run the conference live, but the marshals wouldn't allow it for security reasons. Something about having the cable running in through the door. Lots of cameras there, though. Hopefully, something will go up sooon.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Scoop wrote:
The important thing here is that you (or someone) asked...nice... :D

So, Monier wasn't really giving much details it sounds like?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Harrison Bergeron wrote:Oh no - it looks like Ed and Elaine were kidnapped! :shock: :lol:
Ed and Elaine Kidnapped by The Fed’s.
Kidnapped by the Fed's what? The Fed's secret goon squad? The Fed's travelling road company? The Fed's rabid poodles? The Fed's Grey allies?

Don't leave us hanging!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Video of US Marshall's news conference:

http://www.wmur.com/video/14276968/index.html
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

Ed and Elain just got PWN3D!
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Nice job by the marshalls.
"We had no indication that the Browns intended to voluntarily surrender, so we had to move forward with an operation that promised the safest possible outcome. That day was today," U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said in a written statement.

Though the arrests occurred "without incident" and no one was injured, Monier admitted that the Browns "did not surrender," meaning they were likely violently subdued against their will.
I wonder if TPs are more likely than non-TPs to have a skewed sense of time and of cause and effect. Although Monier clearly said that the Browns' refusal to surrender prompted the decision to execute the arrest plan, i.e., that he was talking about a pattern of behavior prior to the arrests, Paul Watson thinks Monier meant that the Browns did not acquiesce to their arrests.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by VinnyZ »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
Why would our former governor Jessie Ventura be there?
...because he "....was a Navy SEAL....."

I miss hearing that every news broadcast about Jesse....
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

grixit wrote:
Harrison Bergeron wrote:Oh no - it looks like Ed and Elaine were kidnapped! :shock: :lol:
Ed and Elaine Kidnapped by The Fed’s.
Kidnapped by the Fed's what? The Fed's secret goon squad? The Fed's travelling road company? The Fed's rabid poodles? The Fed's Grey allies?

Don't leave us hanging!
Psst The FED'S (Federal Enforcement Division of Disappearment Services)... that is wath the Federal Service Access Charges on your Telephone is for. It authorizes access to you home by the Feds any time of day so they can take you away. Refuse to pay... write your telephone company!
wvfoos
Quatloos Destroyer of Lives (Level 1)

Post by wvfoos »

Demosthenes wrote:To arrest the Browns, the Marshals showed up at their door and said they were supporters. The Browns invited them into the house, and the rest is history.
They showed up looking like this?

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previe ... 012289.JPG

God, Ed and Elaine are dumber than I thought.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

If I caught the ending comments by U.S. Marshal Monier at his press conference correctly, I think he said the arrests took place on the front porch of the residence.

Ed and Elaine were way out of their league.

I know an individual who I understand was pretty heavily involved in several American foreign policy initiatives overseas some years ago (that's euphemistic language for "special ops"). The Ed and Elaine Brown operation -- and it appears that special operations people were involved -- might turn out to be a classic case study of how to do it correctly. I think that part of the tactic is often to make things to appear to be other than what they are.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am hearing rumors that the marshals lured them out onto the front porch with Liberty Dollars.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

I couldn't help but notice Ed & Elaine had more visitors to their house than I do, and I'm not wanted by federal authorites. I always thought those parties they had at the house inviting strangers was a dumb idea on their part, just gives the Marshalls an exceptionally easy opportunity to get in there, stake the place out.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Ryan McC wrote:
I couldn't help but notice Ed & Elaine had more visitors to their house than I do, and I'm not wanted by federal authorites. I always thought those parties they had at the house inviting strangers was a dumb idea on their part, just gives the Marshalls an exceptionally easy opportunity to get in there, stake the place out.
Yep.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sometimes, the hardest things to find are the things that are hiding in plain view. Ed and Elaine are now suffering from the truth of that lesson -- the hard way.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

RyanMcC wrote:I couldn't help but notice Ed & Elaine had more visitors to their house than I do, and I'm not wanted by federal authorites. I always thought those parties they had at the house inviting strangers was a dumb idea on their part, just gives the Marshalls an exceptionally easy opportunity to get in there, stake the place out.
Apparently Monier agrees with you:
"Last evening, the Browns invited yet another what they thought were like-minded individuals to their home. Unfortunately for them, the supporters actually turned out to be deputy U.S. marshals," he said. "By the time Ed and Elaine Brown realized this, they were in custody. Ultimately, this open-door policy they seemed to have, which allowed the Browns to have some supporters bring them supplies, welcome followers, even host a picnic—this proved to be their undoing."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff