Ed and Elaine Brown arrested

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

This makes the supposed "raid" seem a little more reasonable now. They knew all along that they weren't going to raid them like that. But they wanted Ed and Elaine to think that if they were coming that's how they would do it. At least that's how I would justify now.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

They should have waited. It would have been more fun if they dressed up as supporters for Halloween and gone trick or treating at the Browns'.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Randall wrote:They should have waited. It would have been more fun if they dressed up as supporters for Halloween and gone trick or treating at the Browns'.
They could have even told Ed and Elaine that their US Marshall's gear was a "costume".
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Maybe they dressed up as V.
Demo.
Yogi Bear
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Yogi Bear »

They picked the correct date:

10-4 good buddy over and out
Harrison Bergeron

Post by Harrison Bergeron »

Associated Press - October 5, 2007 12:35 PM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The son of tax evader Elaine Brown says he's glad the standoff at the Browns' home in Plainfield (New Hampshire) ended with no violence.

David Hatch-Bernier of Worcester, Massachusetts, told The Associated Press this afternoon that he has no idea where his mother is, or how she is. Federal authorities have said she and her husband, Ed, are on their way to federal prison, but would not say which one until they arrive.

Hatch-Bernier said he initially rejected his mother's argument that the federal income tax is not legitimate, but was won over after doing his own research.

He said he doesn't have his mother's courage, but he shares her principles."

Federal deputies who pretended they were supporters arrested the Browns at their secluded home last night.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The pathos at http://www.makethestand.org continues. For example, someone shown as "MaidMarion" writes:
Yes UE there was an infiltrator. Don't know who it was but obviously someone that Ed had trusted for sometime. He would not have allowed anyone new in expecially [sic] after the arrests of the four and the way they stoped [sic] the Live Free or Die concert.

I must say that I am glad that they were not killed. Where there is life there is hope. Maybe there will be an uprising and the people of New Hampshire will come out of their complacent denial. Because guess what ......if they would not answer the question Show Me the Law......for Ed and Elaine..................you are paying like your government is the mafia!!

As far as I am concerned the people of New Hampshire should be ashamed of themselves. And I do shame them for allowing this to happen, MOST ESPECIALLY THE TOWN OF PLAINFIELD SELECTMEN WHO CALLED IN THE FEDS..................HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.
Harrison Bergeron

From http://questforfairtrialinconcordnh.blogspot.com/

Audio Moblog With Bernie Bastian: Perhaps The Last Individual To Talk With Ed Brown

Ed Brown called Bernie Bastian last evening at around 6:45 pm to inform Bernie that there was a group of individuals who were planning to come to the Brown's property to "conduct exercises." Apparently Ed felt a bit uneasy about this - for he admitted to not knowing these individuals - and wanted to call someone about it. Ed told Bernie that he would call him later and the call never came.

http://www.hipcast.com/export/Pb6043039 ... REYWRx.mp3
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

And someone styled as "JD-spydo" at makethestand.com writes:
I would bet my truck that there truly was a Judas-goat involved. It almost had to have been Judas type trickery because Ed was a lot smarter than that. The news didn't detail any other people who might have been arrested. We need to find out who else was in that house.

People it is very important for all of us who have participated on this Forum to maybe pick a buddy, friend and/or confidant here on the Forum you feel you can trust. I wouldn't put it past these scum-wads to try to come after all of us who have posted on this Forum. I won't quit posting no matter what these bastards threaten me with. But all of you do keep in touch because there will be safety in numbers. These people are way too cowardly to come after all of us.
(bolding added)

Dear JD-Spydo: If you haven't broken the law, you probably have relatively little to worry about. If you have broken the law, you need to ask yourself whether you are just as tough as "Edward Lewis: family Brown" (or whatever he calls himself this week). And ask yourself where all Ed Brown's toughness got him. I'll tell you where it's gotten him. He's in a van taking a free ride somewhere on his way to an imaginary Federal prison to serve his imaginary sentence for willfully violating that imaginary Federal tax law he kept asking people to show him.

As for the Federal law officers who have sworn to enforce the law and who have done so with professionalism and success in this case, if you really think they are cowards, you are just as delusional as Blowhard Ed Brown.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:The pathos at http://www.makethestand.org continues.
Pathos? Surely you meant bathos?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Harrison Bergeron

From Ed and Elaine's MySpace page:
Michael
5 Oct 2007 12:52 PM

time for the short rope and the long gun?
Michael's myspace is at http://www.myspace.com/ncterrorist where he wrote on his blog:
Friday, October 05, 2007

ED and ELAINE BROWN
Current mood: pissed off

boy i tell ya what, i feel so much safer with these dangerous criminals off the street, dont you guys? hell a 65 yr old man and a 67 yr old woman....hmm...they may have been even more dangerous than martha friggin stewart. im tellin ya people...its long past time for the Day of the Rope...its time for the short rope and long gun....and be sure to use a willow tree with said rope for the entertainment will last longer that way..........SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!!!!!

12:52 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment
Harrison Bergeron

Nicotine (Ready)

5 Oct 2007 03:46 AM

"without incident"

We'll see about that.
Nicotine's MySpace is at http://www.myspace.com/oklahomanicotine where his song is some crap regarding convicted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Strangely, he says he's working on a BA in Criminal Justice.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Cobalt Shiva wrote:Ed and Elain just got PWN3D!
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dezcad wrote:Video of US Marshall's news conference:

http://www.wmur.com/video/14276968/index.html
Well worth listening to.

Marshal Monier is a credit to his agency. He appears to be intelligent, thoughtful, well-spoken, humble, and mindful of both the value of both human life and the law.

One interesting point. In response to a question, Monier pointed out that, if they had shut down all entrances to the property and isolated the Browns as many people had urged them to do (including me, I should add), they wouldn't have been able to arrest them in the way they did.

As I've said already in this thread, it seems like a *very* good job by the Marshal's office. They endured a lot of flak, but ultimately their strategy turned out to be the right one.

One complaint: Monier kept describing the Browns has having been convicted of tax evasion or tax crimes. But Ed Brown was NOT convicted of tax evasion or any other crime defined in Title 26, and I'm kind of disappointed that Monier didn't make that distinction.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

LPC wrote:One complaint: Monier kept describing the Browns has having been convicted of tax evasion or tax crimes. But Ed Brown was NOT convicted of tax evasion or any other crime defined in Title 26, and I'm kind of disappointed that Monier didn't make that distinction.
I agree and have stated many times that this point about Ed's conviction should be stressed more.
Trippy

YES!!!

Post by Trippy »

:D Kudos to the marshals (especially Monier) for keeping cool heads and doing their jobs. I agree this could have been done sooner ... but now that these convicts are in custody PEACEFULLY, it's a good ending.

And perhaps now, Elaine will finally realize what a waste of air, food, and money Ed is. I cannot believe the woman is (and was) that desperate to remain with someone who did nothing but leech off her.
Trippy

also ...

Post by Trippy »

.... I also predict a LOT more internal paranoia and infighting within these "patriot" groups, now that we know how law enforcement gained entrance to the home. (Not that it's illegal, or that it was dumb - that was a brilliant move.)
JD-spydo at makethestand wrote:I would bet my truck that there truly was a Judas-goat involved. It almost had to have been Judas type trickery because Ed was a lot smarter than that. The news didn't detail any other people who might have been arrested. We need to find out who else was in that house.
No, Ed was and is pretty damn dumb. Threatening to kill anyone who arrested him (then backpedaling when confronted with his own words), leeching off his wife, and chasing all but the most die-hard idiots away with his arrogance, recklessness, and stupidity.

Shoot, even Reno's father said he and his son were tossed out because Ed refused to listen to their suggestions on making the property more secure. How stupid is that?!?!?

But the most stupid thing of all? Ed and Elaine underestimated law enforcement. Ed, you couldn't catch a darn cold ... and Elaine, hopefully you'll learn from this what a real man is NOT.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Harrison Bergeron wrote:Associated Press - October 5, 2007 12:35 PM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - <SNIP> Federal authorities have said she and her husband, Ed, are on their way to federal prison, but would not say which one until they arrive.

<SNIP>
Ed and Elaine are headed for different federal prisons. They will never see each other again except at their trial for the various crimes committed to avoid incarceration.

Assuming that they get sentences within what I would consider to be likely ranges (10-20 years), one or both will probably die in prison. :?

I bet at this moment, the reality has not really sunk in for Elaine. I must admit that I feel bad for her, but she drank the kool-aid (as opposed to Ed who is just an ass).
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Let's move on to Ed and Elaine Brown arrested (Continued).
Demo.