Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by mac »

Any updates on todays hearing?
Bungle
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Bungle »

mac wrote:Any updates on todays hearing?
The trial is listed for two days (yesterday and today). As the case is ongoing it would not be right or proper to comment.

What is known is that following his conviction on 31st July he wanted the court and the taxpayer to indulge him further by allowing him to appeal his lenient sentence (below). The pending appeal meant that he didn't have to undertake his community work or pay the £1,000 fine.

12 month Community Order

150 hours of community work

Restraining Order not to go near Bodenham Manor or its owner (Mr Davies)

£1,000 Fine.

There is no jury and the appeal will be decided by the Judge later today. He is representing himself in court. He is an undischarged bankrupt so if the court throw out his appeal it will be interesting to know what decision they make about any court fine.

Following the repossession of Bodenham Manor it was sold to Mr Davies. He has since sold it again in two lots...the house in lot one and the land in lot two.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

Wasn't Guy's main beef with the bailiffs that evicted him?

I remember seeing a copy of a warrant of possession online somewhere where there was a discrepancy with the court who sealed it and the court who issued it.

It looks like it might be covered under the slip-rule to me but I'm sure Taylor made a meal out of it saying that made the whole eviction unlawful.

He was also threatening to bring private prosecutions against them too :lol:
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bungle wrote:
Following the repossession of Bodenham Manor it was sold to Mr Davies. He has since sold it again in two lots...the house in lot one and the land in lot two.
It was up for demolition not long ago.
https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planni ... rch=151607
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

wanglepin wrote:
Bungle wrote:
It was up for demolition not long ago.
https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planni ... rch=151607

I love this from Historic England's submission

'We also learned of the difficult history of the site in recent years, on which you are best placed to determine whether that in itself constitutes a planning consideration'.

Now to what could they be referring to !! :shrug:

And from the planning submission

'it has required the attention ofthe police on numerous occasions as a result of unlawful occupation of the buildings and grounds'.
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

A bit of History since Taylor owned Bodenham Manor, Interesting remarks from his son Liam in the postings at the bottom of page

http://projourno.org/2013/10/bodenham-m ... community/
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

:?:
getoutofdebtfools wrote:Wasn't Guy's main beef with the bailiffs that evicted him?

I remember seeing a copy of a warrant of possession online somewhere where there was a discrepancy with the court who sealed it and the court who issued it.

It looks like it might be covered under the slip-rule to me but I'm sure Taylor made a meal out of it saying that made the whole eviction unlawful.
Not my area of expertise I'm afraid but the Judge must have been perfectly satisfied that the warrant was entirely genuine as he dismissed GT's application to appeal his sentence and ordered him to pay £650 towards the Crown Prosecutions costs.

This amount is in addition to his earlier cost of of £1,000.

He may yet get another opportunity to challenge a warrant. If he fails to pay the costs (of £1,650) then it may be that the court will issue an arrest warrant.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

In addition to todays verdict does the 12 month Community Order & 150 hours of community work still stand
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

mac wrote:In addition to todays verdict does the 12 month Community Order & 150 hours of community work still stand
Not being in court, I don't know but it stands to reason that as his appeal (against his sentence of 31st July) has been dismissed that his sentence must stand.
TUCO said to me:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Well I can only hope it was as amusing as watching that great freeman on the land Guy of the family Taylor enter the corrupt admiralty court under his straw man name and beg to be granted joinder. So far he's had no joy with his joinder.

Sounds like it's been an expensive couple of days out for our Guy but I'm sure that's not because he made any amateur mistakes.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

getoutofdebtfools wrote:Wasn't Guy's main beef with the bailiffs that evicted him?

He was also threatening to bring private prosecutions against them too :lol:
Any daft notion that GT's has about bringing a private prosecution against the bailiffs will be a non starter after his latest defeat.

Guy Taylor is on public record with the Insolvency Service as an undischarged bankrupt (not I hasten to add because his bankruptcy was less than a year ago...it was in 2012).

His bankruptcy has been suspended indefinitely on the instructions of his trustee as he has failed to abide by his obligations (under the bankruptcy).

The public records record that he wishes to be known to the Secretary of State as Guy of the Family Taylor.

Unlike his latest case at Hereford, he would not be allowed to bring such a private prosecution without the permission of his trustee in bankruptcy. He won't get it.
TUCO said to me:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bungle wrote:
Not my area of expertise I'm afraid but the Judge must have been perfectly satisfied that the warrant was entirely genuine as he dismissed GT's application to appeal his sentence and ordered him to pay £650 towards the Crown Prosecutions costs.

So what happened. Was he refused his appeal with extra costs? He seems unusually quiet about it all.
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

Chose the wrong time of the year to be painting railings & picking up litter it's a bit wet & cold out there, of course alternatively he could refuse to do it if it's not in the Magna Carta, ensuring himself of Christmas Festivities at HM's pleasure
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

wanglepin wrote:
Bungle wrote:

So what happened. Was he refused his appeal with extra costs? He seems unusually quiet about it all.
He was indeed. He lost his appeal and was ordered to pay the Crown Prosecutions costs of £650.

Not surprised that he is keeping quiet. He took a battering (and in front of his GOODFY mates as well).
TUCO said to me:
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bungle wrote:
He was indeed. He lost his appeal and was ordered to pay the Crown Prosecutions costs of £650.

Not surprised that he is keeping quiet. He took a battering (and in front of his GOODFY mates as well).
Not so fast, young man. You just wait until Mr Ebert gets his hands on the transcript.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bungle wrote:

Not so fast, young man. You just wait until Mr Ebert gets his hands on the transcript.
My thoughts exactly, it takes time to interpret legalese from a loss into a win BOOM !!!!1!!!!!
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

So would that mean he won and the Court owes him £650?
Pox

Post by Pox »

FatGambit wrote:So would that mean he won and the Court owes him £650?
Yep and the judge would have to paint the railings at the manor - fully gowned,of course.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bungle wrote:He was indeed. He lost his appeal and was ordered to pay the Crown Prosecutions costs of £650.

So this is was the trial he told Brian Gerrish he had some " very good news" about and chuffed to bits that he had finally been given a date for "a trial in the crown court"?

I wonder if he feels so happy now then?
1:10 onwards
https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/ ... tober-2015
They are a puzzling lot these freeman goofs. They totally abhor the court system,they believe it is riddled with corruption from the the lowly legal secretary and right up to the High Court and it`s judges, yet, they go back time and time again for more punishment from the system they believe to be so corrupt.
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

Glad to see he lost as expected.

Do we know whether he pulled any 'arrest the judge' tricks?
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha: