The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Hi, Jay. Just a reminder of what you posted when you first joined this forum:
JayBrad wrote:Hey QuatLoosers

Yes this is me Jay Brad, well you have speculated about me enough so now lets have the debate i sit here awaiting your response
We're still waiting for that debate.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Actually that's not a bad question to ask Jay.

Jay did you know that Amanda and the Crawfords have had a copy of the warrant since July? Did they ever show it to you or tell you they had it?
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Forsyth wrote:It is worth considering that if we are to hold the decisions on the mortgage and the possession of the house to be sacrosanct because they are the rulings of a court that we should also do so for the verdicts in a criminal court. If people have been declared "Not guilty", then that is the case. While it is important not to read too much into this - it has no impact on the ownership of the house, nor does it create a general right to clamber onto the roofs of other peoples homes - it is clear that the people involved are innocent of the charges against them. We know this because the process put in place to decide these things has come to this conclusion, and gossip on a forum is a lower - far lower - authority than a court.
It's a pity, really, having written the above, that Mark Haining then goes and posts:
Mark Haining, GOODF wrote:Richard Ancliff Asbo chief arrested over disorder.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=95598
Postby ceylon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm
Richard Ancliff, Asbo chief arrested over disorder.

Asbo chief arrested over disorder

Nottingham's chief anti-social behaviour officer has been arrested over an incident of "violent disorder".
Richard Antcliff, who is in charge of the team at Nottingham City Council, was one of 15 men who were arrested on Sunday 7 December, police said.
The men were all suspected of being involved in "violent disorder" in Nottingham city centre in which four men were injured on 16 November.
The men have all been released on bail until 3 February 2009.
Mr Antcliff said he was unable to comment on the situation.
A spokesperson from Nottingham City Council said they were unable to comment on whether Mr Antcliff had returned to work but confirmed he was the chief anti-social behaviour officer and remained so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 787574.stm
When challenged that this was some time ago, December 2008 to be precise, he replies:
Mark Haining, GOODF wrote:Re: Richard Ancliff Asbo chief arrested over disorder.

Postby ceylon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm
i know but shows hes not sweet and innocent
As his career didn't seem to have been affected by the incident, I did a very quick Google search and, while I hate to quote the Daily Express, they provided the following piece of information:
The Daily Express wrote:Mr Antcliff, 33, was himself ­arrested last year on suspicion of violent disorder after a bar brawl.

He was later released without charge.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/132913 ... ine-please
While it's possible to argue there's a difference between being tried and found not guilty and being released with no further action, in my opinion this shows him to be innocent, or at least as innocent as Mark is.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Whilst the short, pony tailed one claims that he knew it was from 2009, clearly he didn't :haha:

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 98#p439845

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 98#p439822

short, pony tailed idiot wrote:Things Missing
Anybody heard anything more about poor old Richard Antcliff?

He was bailed until February and I would have thought a decision on whether he was to be charged would have been taken by now.
Clearly, he had no idea it was so many years ago and thought he was bailed until next month. Shame he didn't take that 40 foot !1!!!!! fall off of crawfraud castle, might have knocked some sense into him
Bones

Post by Bones »

Jeffrey wrote:Actually that's not a bad question to ask Jay.

Jay did you know that Amanda and the Crawfords have had a copy of the warrant since July? Did they ever show it to you or tell you they had it?
I think James will lose his password again - talk about butter fingers, so we may never know
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Being arrested doesn't mean anything. It just means the police wanted to talk to you about something. The police make mistakes, ALL THE TIME, it's why we have courts and also why the police aren't allowed to be the Judge and Jury. Saying that because someone has been arrested it shows bad character is very poor thinking and would prejudice any jury trial.

Being released with no further action means that the police couldn't provide any evidence in relation to the crime they arrested him for and they were of the opinion that if it went to trial it wouldn't have a reasonable prospect of success so they dropped the issue. Now like I've said the police make mistakes and sometimes evidence simply isn't available and occasionally the guilty go free.

However it's a long held maxim of law (and I know that a maxim is little more than an opinion in regard to the philosophy behind law and not anything of any real significance) that it is better that a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent is punished. It's why we have a much higher burden of proof and why Ceylon and the other failed roofers are currently ambling the streets of Nottingham, providing amusement to us and irritation to those around them.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Bones wrote:They really packed out that pub....

There looks like there must have been at least 500 !!!1!!! of their supporters there to cheer them on.
I counted 40.

Assuming that the Rooftop 6 plus 1 took their partners, and with Tom and his family attending, they could have had 20 real supporters.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Forsyth wrote: It's a pity, really, having written the above, that Mark Haining then goes and posts:
Mark Haining, GOODF wrote:Richard Ancliff Asbo chief arrested over disorder.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=95598
Postby ceylon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm
Richard Ancliff, Asbo chief arrested over disorder.

Asbo chief arrested over disorder

Nottingham's chief anti-social behaviour officer has been arrested over an incident of "violent disorder".
Richard Antcliff, who is in charge of the team at Nottingham City Council, was one of 15 men who were arrested on Sunday 7 December, police said.
The men were all suspected of being involved in "violent disorder" in Nottingham city centre in which four men were injured on 16 November.
The men have all been released on bail until 3 February 2009.
Mr Antcliff said he was unable to comment on the situation.
A spokesperson from Nottingham City Council said they were unable to comment on whether Mr Antcliff had returned to work but confirmed he was the chief anti-social behaviour officer and remained so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 787574.stm
When challenged that this was some time ago, December 2008 to be precise, he replies:
Mark Haining, GOODF wrote:Re: Richard Ancliff Asbo chief arrested over disorder.

Postby ceylon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm
i know but shows hes not sweet and innocent
As his career didn't seem to have been affected by the incident, I did a very quick Google search and, while I hate to quote the Daily Express, they provided the following piece of information:
The Daily Express wrote:Mr Antcliff, 33, was himself ­arrested last year on suspicion of violent disorder after a bar brawl.

He was later released without charge.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/132913 ... ine-please
While it's possible to argue there's a difference between being tried and found not guilty and being released with no further action, in my opinion this shows him to be innocent, or at least as innocent as Mark is.
Well spotted, Forsyth.

Many phrases now spring to mind-

What's good for the goose .....
Shooting oneself in the foot.
Hung by his own petard.
Egg on his face.

And well done to the poster on GOODF who pointed out the date of the alleged incident.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bungle wrote:

There looks like there must have been at least 500 !!!1!!! of their supporters there to cheer them on.
I counted 40.

Assuming that the Rooftop 6 plus 1 took their partners, and with Tom and his family attending, they could have had 20 real supporters.
Did anybody spot the spitter? I noticed her partner was there (rogue male IIRC) but didn't see her.

And 20 real supporters?

Maybe some randoms just dropped in for a free butty? (they missed out on my trifle though and if they had asked nicely, or indeed,invited me, I would have provided a nice quiche as well which would have gone down a treat because as we all know 'real men don't eat quiche'.)
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Forsyth wrote:
Forsyth wrote:It is worth considering ...
It's a pity, really, having written the above, that Mark Haining then goes and posts:.....
But I thought Forsyth wrote the above, wait, you are Forsyth. Or are you Haining? I'm confused.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

YiamCross wrote:
Forsyth wrote:
Forsyth wrote:It is worth considering ...
It's a pity, really, having written the above, that Mark Haining then goes and posts:.....
But I thought Forsyth wrote the above, wait, you are Forsyth. Or are you Haining? I'm confused.
Sorry, I first quoted what I'd written earlier about accepting the verdict of the courts to give context to Mark's post on GOODF which I then quoted next. I know quoting yourself is bad form so my apologies for the confusion.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Pox wrote:
Bungle wrote:

I counted 40.

Did anybody spot the spitter? I noticed her partner was there (rogue male IIRC) but didn't see her.

And 20 real supporters?
Didn't see the spitter but Candice (Jay Bradley's partner) posted some hilarious pics on BTBATB of a female supporter dancing on the table to the Rooftop 6 +1's theme tune (Up on the Roof).
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

PeanutGallery wrote:Being arrested doesn't mean anything. It just means the police wanted to talk to you about something. The police make mistakes, ALL THE TIME, it's why we have courts and also why the police aren't allowed to be the Judge and Jury. Saying that because someone has been arrested it shows bad character is very poor thinking and would prejudice any jury trial.

Being released with no further action means that the police couldn't provide any evidence in relation to the crime they arrested him for and they were of the opinion that if it went to trial it wouldn't have a reasonable prospect of success so they dropped the issue. Now like I've said the police make mistakes and sometimes evidence simply isn't available and occasionally the guilty go free.

However it's a long held maxim of law (and I know that a maxim is little more than an opinion in regard to the philosophy behind law and not anything of any real significance) that it is better that a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent is punished. It's why we have a much higher burden of proof and why Ceylon and the other failed roofers are currently ambling the streets of Nottingham, providing amusement to us and irritation to those around them.
And sometimes those arrested are completely innocent .
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Was she wearing a onesie? In order to be bona fide it has to be a onesie.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bungle wrote:
Didn't see the spitter but Candice (Jay Bradley's partner) posted some hilarious pics on BTBATB of a female supporter dancing on the table to the Rooftop 6 +1's theme tune (Up on the Roof).
You are just teasing now, without showing us the evidence.

On a side note, why did they refer to the ,'roof top 6 +1.5' - who is the .5? - Ginger Chris? ( I note that he was there at the party).

If it was him, why did he only get a .5?

In my book, he deserves 5 stars, not a .5.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

I thought the one dancing on the table was the blonde one (there's a section in the second video showing it), actually come to think of it' isn't she the one who claimed she was pregnant while up on the roof? (perhaps the .5 refers to the baby).

I didn't watch the entire video BTW, that was only the particular section I skipped to, just in case anybody thinks I'm stalking them too...
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

PeanutGallery wrote:
JayBrad wrote:Watch the news you ITV News you all have profiles on my account go take a look at them on my wall "The prosecution offered no further evidence"

Infact why not just get the transcript have a quick whip round and get the transcript you are good at doing that aint you!
But has this restored Tom to the house? Have they given him back the keys? Placed his name back on the deeds? What exactly did you accomplish by clambering onto the roof, getting arrested and going to court?
That's the key question for you, Jay. I assume that you and the other Rooftop Commandos were just brave, helpful people who were prepared to take some cost and discomfort in an attempt to protect Tom Crawford's shattered retirement plans. We all know that Haining is just a vain gobshite, but at least he grew (borrowed) a pair of cojones and got up on that roof with you. So well done, genuinely, on taking a stand for what you thought was right. I admire that, even if I think your cause was wrong.

But, like Peanut says, what did it achieve? All that stress, and for you a long period of remand, and the situation is completely unchanged. TC has still lost his bungalow, and the bank will still be coming after Sue's Mum's House (SMH) next to pay off all the legal costs. They're penniless, homeless and hopeless.

I don't want to sneer at you for trying to do something, but with hindsight it wasn't the right thing. Maybe if you had put all that courage and hard work into raising £10k for a top QC to have one more crack at TC's case? Or maybe if you had organised a GoFundMe to buy the bungalow at auction and give it back to Tom and Sue? Or maybe if you had taken Tom into a quiet room and persuaded him to compromise - to accept a charge on the house, an extended mortgage or a trade-down to something he could afford the payments for?

What do you think, Jay? If you were going to put yourself on the line again for a situation like this, would you choose the pointless rooftop stunt or would you look for a way to actually change the position?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Pox wrote: On a side note, why did they refer to the ,'roof top 6 +1.5' - who is the .5? - Ginger Chris? ( I note that he was there at the party).
Craig has apparently put on a lot of weight recently and it was suggested he is now 1.5 rather than 1.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Pox wrote:On a side note, why did they refer to the ,'roof top 6 +1.5' - who is the .5? - Ginger Chris? ( I note that he was there at the party).

If it was him, why did he only get a .5?

In my book, he deserves 5 stars, not a .5.
I would imagine it was because he was arrested but not charged. There was some initial use of "Rooftop 6+2" before his release, but afterwards it became "Rooftop 6+1" which was used up to the end of the court case. Chris was obviously not involved in that, so while he went through some of the tribulations of the others he skipped out on the trial.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I thought the woman in the group was pregnant.