Chris Hansen: American Independent?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
silversopp

Chris Hansen: American Independent?

Post by silversopp »

I've heard references to two Chris Hansens here, and I recently ran into a American Independent Party activist that speaks very highly of their Nevada chairman - also named Chris Hansen.

Judging from his Financial Disclosure (http://tinyurl.com/2gqvu8) I thought he may be one of the guys mentioned here.

He claims to have won many lawsuits against the state party. Is there any truth to that claim? Does anyone have a record of his lawsuit history? What's his background?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Chris Hansen: American Independent?

Post by LPC »

silversopp wrote:I've heard references to two Chris Hansens here, and I recently ran into a American Independent Party activist that speaks very highly of their Nevada chairman - also named Chris Hansen.
That's one of the two.

There's a Chris Hansen in Nevada who is politically active and supports Libertarian causes, and there is a Chris Hansen in San Diego who runs the "Family Guardian" and "Sovereign Education and Defense Ministry" (SEDM) web sites, and has been enjoined.

The first one might be a little nutty, but the second one is an absolute fruitcake.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Regarding Chris Hansen, this is a character I have not followed too closely.

My PACER access isn't working this morning, and I'm wondering what's the status of this guy and his "famguardian" and "SEDM" web sites. Why is this stuff still up after so long?

Has this guy had criminal tax troubles as well? What's his status?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

He claims to have won many lawsuits against the state party. Is there any truth to that claim? Does anyone have a record of his lawsuit history? What's his background?
Christopher Hansen (the independant party guy from Nevada) is every bit as bonkers as Chris Hansen (the Family Guardian guy from California.)

Christopher (he doesn't use "Chris") is the guy who founded the First Christian Church of Eternal Sovereignty to get his teenage son out of gym class. Brad Barnhill tried to also use the church to get the charges dropped when his girlfriend Stumpy was caught speeding on an interstate highway while breastfeeding and talking on a cell phone and taking notes all while driving without a license.

Christopher is a tile layer by trade, and here's a typical filing in his various and sundry lawsuits against the state...

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/fo ... f9fa20f23a
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

his girlfriend Stumpy
Classic.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

All right you guys! You are so insensitive! You probably should be sent to your room!

(ahem......)

Now, on Hansen (the San Diego famguardian/SEDM Hansen), my PACER access is working again, so I can answer my own question. I see that Hansen is currently the subject of a civil contempt proceeding in the case. It drags on and on.

For future reference, the case is ''United States v. Christopher M. Hansen'', United States District Court for the Southern District of California. case no. 3:05-cv-0921-L-CAB.