Jackson Trial

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Jackson Trial

Post by LPC »

Sherry Peel Jackson's criminal trial starts next week (10/29) in Atlanta.

The defense (Larry Becraft) has presented motions to dismiss, for a bill of particulars, to dismiss for APA violations, to dismiss for bad faith prosecution, and all the motions were denied.

From Becraft's trial brief, it's clear that the only issue will be willfulness (i.e., the Cheek defense) and the fights will be over what the defense can present to the jury.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

It will be interesting to see the racial mix of the jury. Realistically speaking, it will be a factor in the outcome.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Truthstalker wrote:It will be interesting to see the racial mix of the jury. Realistically speaking, it will be a factor in the outcome.
Why? I'm pretty sure that IRS agents who cheat on their taxes are universally detested.
Demo.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Demo wrote
Why? I'm pretty sure that IRS agents who cheat on their taxes are universally detested.
Come on, universally detested? Joe Banister, for example, is a great hero to many.

I just have a "gut feeling" (kind of like Skeletor Chertoff) that many in the Black Community will see one of their own about to be "lynched" by the "Man's" machine.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Truthstalker wrote:Demo wrote
Come on, universally detested? Joe Banister, for example, is a great hero to many.
Joe Banister was never indicted on any personal income tax charges. On the contrary, his attorney implied (erroneously) to the jury that Banister was paying his income taxes.

The only crimes that Joe was accused of were conspiring with Al Thompson and helping Al prepare his own returns. The DOJ then showed a lengthy video of Al and Joe making a presentation to Al's employees where it is very clear that Al was the alpha protester calling all the shots in his own returns while all Joe did was recite his story yet again about how the IRS fired him.

The defense attorneys in the case wisely chose not to put up a defense. They simply told the jury that the burden of proof is on the DOJ and then shut up. I had called the "not guilty" verdict correctly when the jury started deliberating.
Last edited by Demosthenes on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Maybe after she's convicted, the Georgia Board of Accountancy will finally get around to doing something about her.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Truthstalker wrote:It will be interesting to see the racial mix of the jury. Realistically speaking, it will be a factor in the outcome.
Possibly, but not for the reasons you think. I suspect that middle income African Americans, i.e., Jackson's peers, would be more likely to convict her than any other group. She's an embarrassment. I also think they'll be put off by her claim that God led her to her decision to cheat on her taxes.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Watch Sherry's Videos

Post by jcolvin2 »

Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:27 PM
To: Sherry Peel Jackson
Subject: Former IRS Agent Tells It Like It Is!

One more time:

Please distribute the following links far and wide. I was told that the clip had to be in 2 parts because Google and You Tube would only allow 10 minutes per segment. Both segments together are only 16 minutes. Let's try and get this all over the country, specifically concentrating on everyone you know in Georgia. Thanks. SPJ

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5047&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1838&hl=en

or

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s1UT2Ms5E2k part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9PSYkWIuIs part 2

Thanks. SPJ
Demosthenes

Re: Watch Sherry's Videos

Post by Demosthenes »

jcolvin2 wrote: specifically concentrating on everyone you know in Georgia.
Gotta' focus on that jury pool...
Demo.
ArthurRubin

Re: Watch Sherry's Videos

Post by ArthurRubin »

Demosthenes wrote:
jcolvin2 wrote: specifically concentrating on everyone you know in Georgia.
Gotta' focus on that jury pool...
Hmmm. I know a retired couple outside of Atlanta....
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Banister asked the fans to send Sherry money.
-----Original Message-----
From: Freedom Above Fortune [mailto:automailer@freedomabovefortune.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:34 PM
Subject: Former IRS Agent Special Defense Need

Dear Friends:

Former IRS Revenue Agent Sherry Peel Jackson has a special funding need relating to her defense in her upcoming trial. I cannot disclose the nature of the funding need since her opponents surely subscribe to my email list. You will have to trust that I would not ask for your support unless the need was critical. As I have said before, I would not wish having to go through what Sherry is going through on my worst enemy (having been there/done that myself). Sherry sacrificed everything to stand up for all of us and now we must stand with her. Please send a generous contribution to Sherry Peel Jackson at 1560 Fieldgreen Overlook, Stone Mountain, Georgia 30088

Thank you.

Joe B.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I cannot disclose the nature of the funding need since her opponents surely subscribe to my email list.
[Demo holds the email up to her forehead with her left hand and does the hocus pocus thingee with the fingers on her right...]

What's this I see? An Aaron Russo movie in every potential juror household in the Atlanta District? Interestink.
Last edited by Demosthenes on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:
I cannot disclose the nature of the funding need since her opponents surely subscribe to my email list.
[Demo holds the email up to her forehead with her left hand and does the hocus pocus thingee with the fingers on her right...]

What's this I see? An Aaron Russo movie in every potential juror household in the Atlanta District? Interestink.
I hope that you either printed it out or used your CrackBerry.
The image of you holding the monitor up to your head ...

Plus, it would necessitate chasing a cat from its warm, napping spot.