Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by Gregg »

I read the transcripts this weekend. I was like an alternate script for The Madness of King George.

It does show some pretty incriminating tidbits though. Randy used his SSAN for a few tries and when it quit working he went to the one digit off variant. Begs the question, if your "sekrit account" is in you SSAN then why use what might well be someone else's SSAN, wouldn't that be stealing from them? He was also well into the insanity long before he admits to meeting Heather, I hope he has learned that just because you read it on the internet, it doesn't have to be true.

Heather on several occasions makes a lawyer mistake that even I as a non-lawyer know, "Never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer", she comes out looking foolish (more foolish than usual) at least once with every witness, and she begins EVERY DAMN time she starts talking "without prejudice, I have a few questions" which makes me want to whap her in the head with an old telephone like they do in old cop movies.

I really look forward to sentencing, maybe these two boneheads getting about a decade will convince someone that the woo is all a false dream.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Can you get in trouble for posting excerpts of the transcripts?

I wanna use the day 2 transcripts that discuss the security flaw in USAA. Transfers are submitted to ACH after weekdays at 8 PM. Meanwhile the software places a hold on CD purchases at 8 PM. Turns out because Randy purchased the CDs after 8 PM, there was no hold placed on them and could liquidate them the next day.

Now; because he withdrew the money before the ACH transfer was submitted, that proves the money didn’t come from the federal reserve or a secret account right?

In other news Terran has posted his e-begging post for May:

https://terrancognito.blogspot.com/2018 ... l?spref=fb
I have temporary housing for 2 months, but I do have to arrange something else for July. I have been arranging what I need to for the Uber driving I have been doing to supplement costs but due to the red tape in the Seattle area that's going to take 3-4 weeks for new background checks etc.

I need about $600 this month, and there's about $150-250 each month for jail communications and commissary costs.
He clearly intends to milk HATJ for as long as possible.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 pm I read the transcripts this weekend. I was like an alternate script for The Madness of King George.
<snip>
I read through the one which explained how the security flaw existed. Two things struck me. Heather spent lots of time establishing who worked for what organisation and what their boss's name was. I don't understand the relevance except for drawing up a list of people to lien later. Randy's part could have been cut and pasted throughout the transcript: "Do you have any questions of the witness. No." I saw no indication of him actually making a defence.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I don't think there's anything wrong with posting the transcripts after someone else has made them public, that's an England thing more or less. Technically, Heather and Randy were given the transcripts so they could submit personal details that should be redacted and THEY published them before they should have been, and by the way they published them with their SSAN and other personal information shown, but that's on them I would think.

As for the bug that allowed you to submit something after 8PM and it be available the next day UNTIL 8PM, that has been corrected and those transactions are now automatically locked individually when submitted instead of daily batch clearing like they were using. I can't believe they ever allowed that, especially for large amounts.

I've always thought Terran had a thing for HATJ and he's still holding a candle for her. I have no idea WTF he's doing in Seattle, something to do with being close to her family, which has pretty much disowned her?
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

From what I'm seeing described, Is that is more in the realm of the good old fashioned "undocumented feature". What you are describing would be two or more subroutines, most likely written either be two different people or at two different times and not taking each other in to account. I don't think it w as intentional but rather someone not really looking at the whole process. What I'm really curious about is whether Randy actually figured it out, which I seriously doubt, or just got really really lucky, which I really suspect. He's just not that smart or observant
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The testimony kind of points to USAA trying to do things most banks won't to accommodate service members, but yeah, it was an accounting control issue. They were doing batch confirmations on deposits every day at 8 PM so if you made a deposit after the batch was cleared, that deposit was assumed by their system to be cleared until the next batch. Its a really dumb error that I cannot believe they made, but you're right, it was a breakdown in communication between whoever was writing their software and whomever was overseeing their accounting controls. Its so obvious that if I were the independent auditor I'd be afraid I was eventually going to be responsible for it, though I doubt USAA will pursue it, their own internal auditors missed it, too.
I totally agree that Randy just dumb lucked it though. While I have seen cases of people exploiting long weekends and Firday-Monday floats, he doesn't strike me as that smart and of the $31 million he attempted its telling that only ~$1.5 million was done during the window when it worked. If you look at the transcripts, it shows it was just happenstance that he got away with it.

Another thing though, if Heather hadn't made, recorded and then posted on U-Tube that phone call, she might still be able to be BEing and DOing outside of a cell.
notorial dissent

Amazing what ego can do for you ain't it??? :haha: :haha:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:48 amAs for the bug that allowed you to submit something after 8PM and it be available the next day UNTIL 8PM, that has been corrected and those transactions are now automatically locked individually when submitted instead of daily batch clearing like they were using. I can't believe they ever allowed that, especially for large amounts.
I'd guess that the sequence is from the old overnight batch processing days. No one thought about it when they started letting people do things online as the flaw was never exposed or exploited for years. I'd also guess it only applies to USAA, your average high street bank would never have allowed it to happen in the first place. Randy got lucky with who he banked with and when he tried moving money.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Banks still do batch processing, as real time isn't always possible. There are multiple systems interfacing, and data from one, may be necessary for another. There can still be issues with systems being out of sync when the batches are running. However, most if not all of these batch processes are internal systems, and not client accessible or influenced.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 pm I really look forward to sentencing, maybe these two boneheads getting about a decade will convince someone that the woo is all a false dream.
This works like a cult. The thing that keeps people stuck in SovCit land, just like Scientology or the Moonies, is that they have been taught ready-made thought-stopping remedies for doubts and are able to expunge them. In other words, they have tools to ignore evidence that undermines their beliefs and they're not afraid to use them.

In this case, all of their followers will have some ready-made excuse for why this happened. Perhaps it's that the government is even more evil and corrupt than they expected and were even more desperate to crucify Heather and Randy. Perhaps Heather and Randy didn't write "praetera, pretera" in enough places in large enough letters. Perhaps (as some of the Bruce Doucette & Co. pretend grand jury crowd in Colorado have said) they are on a divine mission to spread the truth while in jail, so they are like Mother Theresa.

It could be anything. They'll use any improbable thought to try to escape the desperate mediocrity of their lives. Hey, I buy lottery tickets occasionally, and I have the math skills to know why that's a pretty awful investment.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:45 pmIt could be anything. They'll use any improbable thought to try to escape the desperate mediocrity of their lives. Hey, I buy lottery tickets occasionally, and I have the math skills to know why that's a pretty awful investment.
Don't you know, that's just a tax on hope
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

Seems to me banks and traders etc have to find a sweet spot between checks and controls and keeping the system going smoothly. If every transaction had to be fully checked and payment completed before it was accepted the system would grind to a stagger. They rely on the intelligence and honesty of the general population. Most people do not want to cheat or steal; and those who might be tempted are usually smart enough not to endanger their own bank accounts and credit by abusing the system. The criminal element in the population is relatively small; most people are fundamentally honest. I dont think Randy is a criminal, even if what he did was technically a crime. I think Randy is a deluded fool with a head full of crazy fantasy theories and beliefs. As Greg noted above Randy has been out on the lunatic fringe long before he met Heather. He was known to his local law enforcement as a troublesome sov. You have to be either really deluded or dumb to pull a stunt like Randy did - or both; probably both.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 pm I read the transcripts this weekend. I was like an alternate script for The Madness of King George.
OT: I read that, when first released, that movie was called "The Madness of George III". When they showed it to a couple of preview test audiences, however, many of the viewers asked if they had somehow missed the first two movies. That's when the studio changed to title.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Athis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:13 pm I dont think Randy is a criminal, even if what he did was technically a crime.
A committed Marxist thinks that all property is theft, therefore by that logic they not technically committing a crime if they nick your wheel caps and hood ornament. Common and Statute law says otherwise. Randy is the very definition of what society deems a criminal. :lol:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Randy Beane is a 50-year-old man who attempted to grift 31 million dollars from the USAA. That's not a technicality; he is a crook, a convicted crook. He is also an imbecile.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
notorial dissent

Two things to consider. When most, if not all, banks went on-line, they didn't write new software, they just adapted what they already had. In many cases this meant adding new or modifying old routines to handle the new environment. Most if not all banking software was at the time written in COBOL. The new routines would have had to have been written in COBOL as well. When most programmers write, they write to the specs given to them, AND THAT IS ALL. If they aren't familiar with the system they are working on, and what is really needed as opposed to what is asked for, then things get missed, particularly when you are going from a purely batching to a real time or almost real time environment. Usually they get caught in testing, but not always. That's what this looks like to me.

My other question is about Randy. I seriously doubt that he just suddenly decided to try and steal all that money, and yes it was stealing regardless of his beliefs/delusions. My suspicion is that he has spent years working his way up to this grand FAIL.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

You could argue that up to a point he thought he was accessing an account that belonged to him. But once USAA notified him and Heather that the money belonged to USAA, it became theft unambiguously. They knew the money didn’t belong to Randy and they still chose to run away with it and spend it on luxury goods.

And the CD thing ultimately counts against him since it he really believed the money was his, he wouldn’t be buying CDs then immediately liquidating them. He’s losing 5% of his money instantly that way. He would have done a simple wire transfer if he really thought the money was his.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

But if Randy really thought he was stealing money that did not belong to him, why did he use his own accounts? How could he have believed he would get away with it using his own accounts? A person who knew they were stealing millions of dollars would hardly use their own accounts to do it.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that Randy believed the account and the money was his. In his fantasy the government was secretly withholding it from him (and everyone else). He liquidated at a loss - so the government would not have time to stop him taking his money. In his fantasy he believed that once he had the money the reality of the secret TDA accounts would be exposed and the government would be obliged to let him keep his money. Others would then see what the government had been doing and they too would be able to access their own accounts.

And I am not just speculating or making this up. You can see this delusional belief running through all Heather's filings and in the court transcripts. Heather repeatedly claims that the purpose of the lawsuit is to expose the government. Heather and Randy are part of a "universal cleansing" operation to expose the corruption of world governments and judicial and banking systems. Heather & Randy are fulfilling their role in the universal cleansing. Other teams (including president Trump) are responsible for other cleansing operations. All of this is explicitly stated in Heather's filings and testimonies.

As with everything in this case normal reason and logic do not apply. These people do not perceive the world or think like normal people. In fact that is why I find this case so fascinating. If it were merely a straight forward criminal case it would not interest me at all.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Athis wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:51 pm How could [Randy] have believed he would get away with it using his own accounts?
He's an idiot.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Athis - I practiced criminal law for over twenty years. I represented people who jumped turnstiles while carrying guns and kilos of coke. I represented people who drove 100 mph with the same things in their cars. I represented a codefendant of someone who drove a rental truck containing a bomb into the basement of the World Trade Center, detonated it, then returned to the rental place to get his $300 deposit back.

If being a moron were a defense, a lot more people would get off.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume