Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by Burnaby49 »

The U.S. Constitution nowhere explicitly mentions a "right to travel," but many cases have recognized that there is implicit in the Constitution a right to travel from one state to another-- i.e., one U.S. state cannot close its borders to a citizen of a different state who wants to move. Except in the minds of the sovereigns, it does not include a right to travel by means of a specific form of conveyance.
Canada's constitution includes a specific right to travel;
6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and

b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.
Essentially the same as the American unstated right. Canadian citizens have the right to leave the country and return and Canadian citizens and permanent residents have the right to go anywhere they want within the country. But this is just the right to change locations, it does not give any rights, including driving, to how you effect that change of location.

Subsection (4) relates to government immigration programs for people such as doctors who are needed in unserviced areas and agree to stay in a specific area for a stipulated period of time. Or, in the case of Prince Edward Island, pretty much anyone who agrees to stay there as a resident.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Sometimes yo will see a UTube video of a cop telling one of the "right to travel" asshats to get out and walk wherever they want, but if they intend to operate a motor vehicle, they're gonna need a license, tags, registration and insurance.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The constitutional right to travel, as it exists in the U.S. (really, not in the minds of whackos), generated one of my all-time favorite pieces of judicial prose. In Edwards v. California (1941), the U.S. Supreme Court held unconstitutional California's "anti-Okie" law, which essentially made it illegal for poor people from other states to move into California. Every justice agreed that a U.S. citizen could move to any state he chose, though not all agreed as to which clause of the Constitution dictated this result. In one of the concurring opinions, Justice Robert Jackson noted that the rich and poor alike were subject to the military draft, and then said:
Rich or penniless, Duncan's citizenship under the Constitution pledges his strength to the defense of California as a part of the United States, and his right to migrate to any part of the land he must defend is something she must respect under the same instrument. Unless this Court is willing to say that citizenship of the United States means at least this much to the citizen, then our heritage of constitutional privileges and immunities is only a promise to the ear to be broken to the hope, a teasing illusion like a munificent bequest in a pauper's will.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Subsection (4) relates to government immigration programs for people such as doctors who are needed in unserviced areas and agree to stay in a specific area for a stipulated period of time. Or, in the case of Prince Edward Island, pretty much anyone who agrees to stay there as a resident.
Is it true that PEI took Anne off their license plates?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Is it true that PEI took Anne off their license plates?
No idea. It's about 3,500 miles away if I drove there through the US. Probably over 4,000 miles through Canada. I essentially know nothing about the Canadian east coast.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:30 am
grixit wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 am Is it true that PEI took Anne off their license plates?
No idea. It's about 3,500 miles away if I drove there through the US. Probably over 4,000 miles through Canada. I essentially know nothing about the Canadian east coast.
According to http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local ... tes-95841/ , Anne has been gone since September 2014.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 am
grixit wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 am Is it true that PEI took Anne off their license plates?
According to http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local ... tes-95841/ , Anne has been gone since September 2014.
What next? Will New Hampshire take "Live Free Or Die" off their license plates? Will we lose "Beautiful British Columbia"?

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 am Justice Robert Jackson noted that the rich and poor alike were subject to the military draft, and then said:
Rich or penniless, Duncan's citizenship under the Constitution pledges his strength to the defense of California as a part of the United States, and his right to migrate to any part of the land he must defend is something she must respect under the same instrument. Unless this Court is willing to say that citizenship of the United States means at least this much to the citizen, then our heritage of constitutional privileges and immunities is only a promise to the ear to be broken to the hope, a teasing illusion like a munificent bequest in a pauper's will.
Beautiful and moving eloquence. Thank you.

(He was wrong about the draft though, as Vietnam proved)
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Living in South Florida for a while, we would a
See the inevitable Quebec licence plate in the winter, especially around Hollywood. I was told that the French expression on those plates, je me souviens, was French for I drive like Shit. Is that really true? :snicker: from experience, I can say it seemed to be.

I should add, one of my best friends is Québécois.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

NYGman wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:31 pm Living in South Florida for a while, we would a
See the inevitable Quebec licence plate in the winter, especially around Hollywood. I was told that the French expression on those plates, je me souviens, was French for I drive like Shit. Is that really true? :snicker: from experience, I can say it seemed to be.

I should add, one of my best friends is Québécois.
When I lived in Quebec, the plates bore "La Belle Province". "Je me Souviens", literally "I remember", is a nod to French heritage and the separatist movement, and a reminder to remember that the province's roots are French.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Figured as much. Friends of mine had issues driving into Canada as his personal plate read Salope, the result of a wager to see what was the rudest thing you could get past the plate censors.

On a side note, I was issued, only to be denied, BIGPEN15 in honor of #15 on the Penn State football team. Apparently someone thought it rude.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 am
Well no wonder the province is in trouble!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Latest Common Law Court to be held in 24th in Dundee is to prosecute a number of people for ".. complicity in Crimes against the People of Great Britain and an ongoing Criminal Conspiracy."

Sounds like something from Woman Neelu, but I note that four of the names are members of SCRA, which is Scotland's child protection organisation commonly referred to as the Children's Panel. Could this be Rob Sproul jumping on the band wagon? If they're going to be trampling over or publishing matters relating to actual child protection cases it would no longer be funny.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

aesmith wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am Latest Common Law Court to be held in 24th in Dundee is to prosecute a number of people for ".. complicity in Crimes against the People of Great Britain and an ongoing Criminal Conspiracy."

Sounds like something from Woman Neelu, but I note that four of the names are members of SCRA, which is Scotland's child protection organisation commonly referred to as the Children's Panel. Could this be Rob Sproul jumping on the band wagon? If they're going to be trampling over or publishing matters relating to actual child protection cases it would no longer be funny.
And he could be in contempt.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

An interesting question crops up...
Sean Richards

can i use common law to sort noise complaint out.
So far nobody's managed to shoe-horn noisy neighbours into Magna Carta. It's almost as if an 800 year old treaty between the king and the barons doesn't cover every eventuality in 21st century Britain.

If only there were some democratically elected group of public representatives who could make binding laws to cover things like this :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Trial by combat would be an appropriate olde worlde remedy there. Each side may contest the point in person or select a champion and the battle can be only to first blood, not death, for such a minor matter.
longdog

Post by longdog »

JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Where do these guys get their information, and do they just unthinkingly believe anything that suits them? I can't even see what can possibly be misinterpreted this way.
Julian Price Robert Pickthall Just out of interest where do you stand on the Queen's coronation oath where she swore on the bible not to introduce any new laws (otherwise known as statutes)..? And then subsequently allowed thousands to be introduced/passed.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

aesmith wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm Where do these guys get their information, and do they just unthinkingly believe anything that suits them? I can't even see what can possibly be misinterpreted this way.
It's on the "YouTubes" Man, it has to be true.

longdog

Post by longdog »

One thing they completely fail to understand is the fact that HM the Q is monarch by divine right not by virtue of her coronation or her coronation oath.

The queen became the queen at the moment of her father's death and with the exception of 'her' government attempting to remove her, by threat of resignation or cutting off the bunce, or by her willing abdication she will remain the monarch until she draws her last breath.

She was the monarch for 16 months before her coronation and she would still be monarch even if she broke every single vow in her oath or just plain renounced it.

I'm a republican by nature but even I know the monarch is not legally bound by her oath. Politically and practically speaking she rules only on the sufferance of the people but that's a whole other issue and the opinions of a bunch of cranks is neither here nor there.