Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by TheNewSaint »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0101spm

No video, but the description is good for a laugh:
Britain's Empty Homes

Rekha Patel
Britain's Empty Homes, Series 2 Episode 11 of 20

Maths teacher Rekah Patel has decided it's time to move out of the family home and buy her first house. With high hopes but a low budget, Rekah figured buying an empty house in need of work would be an affordable way to get her perfect place.

She's done well to find a grade II listed Georgian stone cottage in a pretty village on the edge of the Peak District. But with no renovation experience to transform it into her dream home, Rekha is in need of some friendly advice.

And it comes in the shape of Jules Hudson. Jules meets up with Rekha for a tour of the property to see what needs prioritising and introduces her to a couple who are part way through the renovation a of an old mill which dates back to the 1600s with additions built on in the 1820's, which had stood empty for five years before they snapped it up.

Last aired Feb 13, 2012
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

TheRambler wrote: But what is interesting is who does what? Who is the guiding hand? Ken Thompson doesn’t appear to have the intellect or charisma although we only see his public persona. But he does seem to have established a rapport and clearly gives Wrekha instructions at times. Chrissy Morris would easily fit the bill as the “enforcer” but not necessarily in an intimidatory way. You can encourage and support to get the outcome you want, more reliable than “muscle”. To me there is still a gap to fill, that of the leader. Who fills that position? Maybe without the knowledge of the “players”.
The 'leader' and 'guiding hand' is Peter McDowell from Warrington. A fully fledged freetard. He's masterminded everything Princess Shoutypants has done. The court cases, the break-ins, the quashing of the appeal of Chrisy Morris (see transcript where he's called Peter McDow), the squatting, everything. He's probably done a law course, maybe a degree. He doesn't appear to have been there when she was last arrested but there are pics on Failings of the FMOTL of him camping in the garden and also of his illegal reg plate, P373 MCD with small writing underneath stating that he's travelling in a conveyance (as opposed to driving).
We could do with those pics being on here.
Anyone?
Last edited by He Who Knows on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Suzannah on The Failings of Fmotl wrote: This guy, Peter McDowell, seems to be the puppetmeister of Wrecka's antics. He's the freetard from Warrington who drives the blue BMW P373 MCD. Seems he's the director of Tunkashila along with Brave Sir Ken of Hull, and he's the one writing all this shit and organising the crowd funding. He's also the one who acted for Chrisy Morris when he got off on a technicality at his Manchester appeal. I found out at Wrecka's eviction on Friday that the sham sales for £2 to her parents then £100 to Tunkashila were both effected by Ian Burton-Baddeley who works for Longlands Solicitors Warrington.This is despite there being a registered charging order on the deeds at the time. Baron Ward (of Warrington) was made a director of one of those sham companies and also Penny Ross who was at the eviction on Friday (blonde hair, red top). I think there's a whole Warrington mafia thing going on and that Longlands solicitors have a lot to answer for.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Wingding
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Wingding »

He Who Knows wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:27 am

also of his illegal reg plate, P373 MCD with small writing underneath stating that he's travelling in a conveyance (as opposed to driving).
Just before somebody is turned into a rebel without a cause: the VRM is perfectly legal, and the car has been mot’ed every year (road tax ran out on the 1st, though I suspect the system is just a bit behind).
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

This guy has piped up and seems to have some inside info, sounds like he's a director of one of the sham companies.Also sounds like Rekha wasn't the only one to get cuffed.

Richard Carter You might have gathered that our company has had zero response from Derbyshire Constabulary except to arrest two directors unlawfully and release without charge on two occasions. Threaten our suppliers and builders who were contractually employed which is to unlawfully interfere with the lawful business activities of our company on several occasions and committing aggravated trespass and obstruction, harassment and causing distress and alarm to our directors and our tenant. They concluding two criminal investigations with a letter and pace conclusion notice stating HM Land registry showed we were the conclusive registered proprietors and couldn't possibly therefore commit criminal damage to our own property. They are definitively aiding and abetting high up criminality and the question is who is pulling Derbyshire Constabulary's strings.

It is someone very very senior.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

So lets see if I have this right.

Rekha "sold" the cottage to her parents for £2. It was for all normal purposes her main residence so she doesn't have to pay Capital Gains Tax. However, her parents are what are called "connected" persons and therefore this is not what is called an arms length transaction. However, I'm unclear as to the rules of receiving a gift. It would seem that they are maybe liable for some form of tax, but it also seems that although unusual for a child to gift a property to parents, the inheritance tax rules mean that as long as Rekha lives for 7 more years, then there isn't anything payable on the first "sale" to them.

What is clear though is that her parents did not live there and this is where it gets fun. They would be responsible for paying Capital Gains tax upon the sale to Tunkashila and the law is that it is calculated at the market value not the actual sale price.

Assuming they are retired and therefore not in the higher tax bracket that would be a tax liability of £29,700.

I'm assuming that the reason they are not being prosecuted for tax fraud is that legally the sale did not occur, so they never were actually in possession of the gift!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Indeed. The hilarity of their catch 22 is brilliant. If the sales were a fraud, no tax is due but you dont have a house. If the sales are valid (not that I'm suggesting for a second they are) then you get the house, but mummy and daddy then get hit with CGT. Its a lose lose situation.
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

Wasn't the sale to her parents done via a company? In which case there would be no capital gains exemption even if they had the house as primary residence.
However the parents' company that had a brief ownership of the house would have the tax calculated equally on purchase and sale of the property, so no big tax liability.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: So lets see if I have this right.
Not quite. Here is the chronology as set out in these pages:
Nov 2016 - Princess Shoutypants sells cottage to two companies owned by her parents/Baron David Ward/Penny Ross for £2. The two companies were called Fringed Ltd and Land & Property Protection Alliance Ltd - each now dissolved.
Dec 2016 - New owners above sell cottage to Tunkashila Ltd/ Peter McDowell for £100. Brave Sir Ken comes on board in August 2017 as a director, McDowell resigns as himself but retains directorship via Tunkashila Group Holdings Ltd. Tunkashila Ltd becomes the landlord that charges Wrecka £50 a month rent (yes, a month not a week!). This was a sham purely to prevent her from being evicted as a tenant.
Seems Tunkashila Ltd's name stayed on the deeds until the cottage was sold to Macca on 4th June 2018. The LR and lawyers probably overlooked this at the time never predicting that Peter McDowell and Ken Thompson would repeatedly break into the cottage from summer 2017 to now.
Richard Carter is a name I recognise as a pretend law expert who jumped on Wrecka's cause when she first got evicted in 2016. He is part of the Warrington mafia and goes around pubs lecturing on fraud on the land - a bit like Crawfraud.
Am I the only one who feels like I've done a phD in this?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

He Who Knows wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am Not quite.
Thanks for that.

If the parents were directors of one of the original companies, it seems reasonable to surmise that the second sale may have been because they (or an advisor) recognised their "connected" status would fall foul of new HMCR rules on deliberate tax evasion schemes because at that point the selling so far below market rate on a property with a charge against it could not be disguised as a "distressed" sale or a gift.

I think SteveUK's Catch 22 scenario still holds!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SteveUK wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 am Indeed. The hilarity of their catch 22 is brilliant. If the sales were a fraud, no tax is due but you dont have a house. If the sales are valid (not that I'm suggesting for a second they are) then you get the house, but mummy and daddy then get hit with CGT. Its a lose lose situation.
Not only mummy and daddy, Tunkashila Ltd cops for the same problem. Either Tunkashila Ltd owns a £200k house which it got for £100 or that transfer is void (or fraudulent). There is the small matter of stamp duty too. Both transactions owe stamp duty on the market value of the property at transfer (you can't undervalue property to avoid stamp duty). So that's two lots of £7500ish that need paying, and they are late with both.
Mike_p wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 am Wasn't the sale to her parents done via a company? In which case there would be no capital gains exemption even if they had the house as primary residence.
However the parents' company that had a brief ownership of the house would have the tax calculated equally on purchase and sale of the property, so no big tax liability.
Nope. Company got it for £2 and disposed of it at market values (says taxman). Company owes tax on £199,998 gain and £7,500 stamp duty on purchase.
He Who Knows wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am Tunkashila Ltd becomes the landlord that charges Wrecka £50 a month rent (yes, a month not a week!). This was a sham purely to prevent her from being evicted as a tenant.
Like anyone who knows about property law doesn't know repossession overrules a tenancy agreement?

I'm also looking forward to the scramble of rats leaving sinking ships if and when the companies get accused of false accounting.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or, as the Court seems to have determined, sham transactions of NO real world value and effect.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I wonder what Kenneth is playing at now?

Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

At a guess he wants to claim that the security company is breaching copyright by using whatever font it is.
That's getting really desperate as a means to accuse them of operating "unlawfully"!
The claim would be really crazy as use of the font will, most likely, have been by a professional graphic designer who will have paid the licence fee to use the font: quite apart from the fact that it would be impossible to accurately identify a font from an embroidered badge.

OR

he wants to make up a fake uniform in the same style.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I would imagine it's a 'font' installed as a part of computer controlled embroidery system and derived from one of the many open source or otherwise copyright free fonts in daily use. It's unlikely to have any direct general computer equivalent but there are no doubt hundreds that would be close enough.

I can't see even somebody as thick as Kenny believing a security guard would be acting illegally if the font on his stab-proof vest was 'pirated' but you never can tell. I'd say he's thinking of getting his own because reasons and thinks the font is in some way important.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

He Who Knows wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am He is part of the Warrington mafia larpers
ftfy
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I see this on the Fogbow.

What does LARP stand for?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Live Action Role Playing.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Assuming they are retired and therefore not in the higher tax bracket that would be a tax liability of £29,700.
Brilliant tax accounting everyone. However, the market value of Casa Patel has been far higher than £200,000 over the last 2 years. Just because the selling price was significantly reduced by the agent - probably due to the numerous break-ins and arrests of Ken Thompson, Peter McDowell et al - doesnt mean its market value was that low. Zoopla currently has it at £276,000.
How does that change the CGT bill?