UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by longdog »

TL;DR.

I stopped when I got to "FAO Mayor of London, Sixth Remedy Demand".

The previous five have been ignored so I'll send a sixth... That's bound to work. :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

She's not very clear and you have to sit through far too many tedious videos to extract this, but I think the gist of her claim is that as a "whistleblower" she has exemption from all legal processes. All of them. Therefore anyone trying to get her to pay Council Tax, Congestion Charge or Parking Notices or anything else is by definition acting fraudulently.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

By now anyone breathing without her permission is acting fraudulently.

By the way, what does TL:DR mean?
AnOwlCalledSage

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm By the way, what does TL:DR mean?
Too long; didn't read.

Although the Trump version is... come on, we all know the gag by now!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Siegfried Shrink

Thanks.

Not really. I do not pay much attention to President Trump. More than enough people doing that already.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:36 pm She's not very clear and you have to sit through far too many tedious videos to extract this, but I think the gist of her claim is that as a "whistleblower" she has exemption from all legal processes. All of them. Therefore anyone trying to get her to pay Council Tax, Congestion Charge or Parking Notices or anything else is by definition acting fraudulently.
You have fraudulently misconstrued her position. She is exempt only from the processes that she doesn't like.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 am The Law is radically different here in the colonies, most employment is "at will" and when we get made redundant, many times you're just out of luck.

Yes, that can still happen here. As mentioned above, the UK doctrine is that the job is unwanted rather than the worker. But if the company also doesn't want the worker, in fact may have made their post redundant to get rid of them, they can still do so. There's an entitlement to severance pay, but at most it's a few months of salary. Companies will happily pay it to be rid of an unproductive or troublesome worker. I wasn't merely lucky, I was also valuable.

I'm facing the reality that once I finish my current project, I'm not likely to have anyplace to go that befits my station (or salary) and I'm probably going to be retiring. I'll have just about 30 years by then, and I've managed to put a few dollars aside for a more than comfortable retirement, but the health problems I've had over the last 2 years makes it very unlikely they're going to be giving me another $960 million to build a big toy train system with

Helluva way to go out though, you must be very satisfied with that? A lesser man would have overspent by $41m just for the heck of it perhaps....

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm By the way, what does TL:DR mean?
Too long; didn't read.

Although the Trump version is... come on, we all know the gag by now!
I'll bite. What's the Trump version? Tweeting Loopy Dotard Rapist?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 am The Law is radically different here in the colonies, most employment is "at will" and when we get made redundant, many times you're just out of luck.

Yes, that can still happen here. As mentioned above, the UK doctrine is that the job is unwanted rather than the worker. But if the company also doesn't want the worker, in fact may have made their post redundant to get rid of them, they can still do so. There's an entitlement to severance pay, but at most it's a few months of salary. Companies will happily pay it to be rid of an unproductive or troublesome worker. I wasn't merely lucky, I was also valuable.

I'm facing the reality that once I finish my current project, I'm not likely to have anyplace to go that befits my station (or salary) and I'm probably going to be retiring. I'll have just about 30 years by then, and I've managed to put a few dollars aside for a more than comfortable retirement, but the health problems I've had over the last 2 years makes it very unlikely they're going to be giving me another $960 million to build a big toy train system with

Helluva way to go out though, you must be very satisfied with that? A lesser man would have overspent by $41m just for the heck of it perhaps....

I'm under budget and ahead of schedule, but they're just not going to have anything else this big in my area, this is the last generation of ICE and transmissions I see them ever developing. I have a few years to go, still and I'm still having fun. But I think when the time comes I'll be ready to go.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Looks like Neelu is being evicted this morning- head over to her FB page for the details.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 am Looks like Neelu is being evicted this morning- head over to her FB page for the details.
Oh dear, this is going to be worth keeping an eye on today. I love how the front door has been repaired from previous occasions when it has been "removed".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

It’s been put through more times than Rekha’s.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 am Looks like Neelu is being evicted this morning- head over to her FB page for the details.
Got a link for this? I refuse to register on Facebook but it still allows viewing from links.
Siegfried Shrink

Siegfried Shrink

From what I can gather from her live feed, the crew arrived at 6 AM, ignored the protests of Mr. Ellis, (the Equity Lawyer) and evicted her in a normal manner. A few hours later a couple of people have turned up to join her on the pavement outside and EWE has vanished, possibly on some vital pseudo-legal mission, possibly to get some breakfast, who knows.
She claims her mortgage has been paid, but in my opinion possibly not with actual money.
She seems pretty calm, really.
AnOwlCalledSage

Delicious moment in her latest post where she decides that because an officer has a Scouse accent, he has driven down from Liverpool especially for this eviction.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Rumbled!
Siegfried Shrink

It seems EWE has gone to Kingston Crown Court for what sounded like 'a breast baby case' where it is possible he will yet again breach the injunction prohibiting him from involvement in legal matters.
I assume it is imprtant or he would not desert Neelu in her hour of need, would he?

I suspect Neelu has another house to go to, probably that of her sister
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

David Beck is not so sympathetic

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

She actually looks quite sad and down. Totally out of energy. I think, just for once, perhaps she's realised her made up law has very real life consequences.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????