UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheRambler
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by TheRambler »

Tevildo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 pm
longdog wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 pm Oh... Hang on... There's no such thing as a guard dog licence... It's just something else Neelu has invented.
Actually, there is - Guard Dogs Act 1975, Section 3. I'm sure Coverdale do have a licence, although it's not explicitly stated on their website.
I believe that the purpose of that regulation is the licensing of commercial guard dog kennels in line with the licencing of other commercial canine kennels i.e. boarding and breeding kennels. There is in fact some disquiet within the security industry at the lack of formal training and licencing standards for both handlers and animals. At present the industry relies on a voluntary code of conduct.

TheRambler
longdog

Post by longdog »

longdog wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 pm Oh... Hang on... There's no such thing as a guard dog licence... It's just something else Neelu has invented.
Actually, there is - Guard Dogs Act 1975, Section 3. I'm sure Coverdale do have a licence, although it's not explicitly stated on their website.
A licence for the dogs as opposed to licenced dogs... :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm How about a cat licence from the Ministry of Housinge?
Poor Eric Praline. Got the role of a lifetime in the famous "dead parrot" sketch, and few remember he was a recurring character.
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

Guard dogs are a very tricky issue. They're great for making somewhere look well guarded, but if they bite anyone the handler is liable to get into a lot of trouble. IIRC, the Dangerous Dogs Act has exceptions for police dogs and military dogs but not for private security dogs. If someone is injured the dog will be deemed to be dangerously out of control.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Mike_p wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 am Guard dogs are a very tricky issue. They're great for making somewhere look well guarded, but if they bite anyone the handler is liable to get into a lot of trouble. IIRC, the Dangerous Dogs Act has exceptions for police dogs and military dogs but not for private security dogs. If someone is injured the dog will be deemed to be dangerously out of control.
When, in this case, it is Neelu that should be "deemed to be dangerously out of control"
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Flup
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Flup »

According to Lexis this section (along with some others) was never brought into force. Some of the act was commenced on 1st Feb 1976 (SI 1975/1767) but ss 2, 3, 4, and 6 were excluded.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

The security industry is itself asking for licencing to drive out unscrupulous firms, so it's fairly safe to say that licencing isn't legally required.

But I love the smell of legislation in the morning. This hasn't been superseded yet according to legislation.gov.uk :
Animal Act 1971
Strict liability for damage done by animals
Section 5
(3) A person is not liable under section 2 of this Act for any damage caused by an animal kept on any premises or structure to a person trespassing there, if it is proved either—

(b)(if the animal was kept there for the protection of persons or property) that keeping it there for that purpose was not unreasonable.
All Neelu's filming her harassing the security guards has done is to confirm that they have told her repeatedly that she does not have permission to be on the property which would provide prima facie evidence that she knows that she is a trespasser.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Wozzle
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Wozzle »

The guy loved that phone call, bet he was straight onto the bank afterwards saying they needed to up the security as she had threatened to re-take "her" home. More money for his firm, less for her in the end.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Mike_p wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 am Guard dogs are a very tricky issue. They're great for making somewhere look well guarded, but if they bite anyone the handler is liable to get into a lot of trouble. IIRC, the Dangerous Dogs Act has exceptions for police dogs and military dogs but not for private security dogs. If someone is injured the dog will be deemed to be dangerously out of control.
You are absolutely correct Mike, ACPO (or whatever its successor is) place dogs as the second highest form of non-lethal force ,behind Baton Rounds and well ahead of Tasers. Having been bitten quite a few times; albeit well padded; it's not a trivial matter.

Where they come into there own is for detection and warning followed by deterrence and finally; in extremis; protecting the handler. In the case of Peel Avenue, having "Fang" around is going to very quickly alert the handler to someone attempting to make a quiet entry to the property and a GSD on the other side of the door explaining the finer points of dismemberment is likely to make the intruder (even Neelu) question the wisdom of what they are doing. This should give the handler time to call for police assistance.

Should the intruder gain entry to the property, a civilian security dog should not be released in an attempt to detain them. It should be kept on the lead and may be used to further deter and assist contain the intruder(s) until help arrives. If the handler is threatened and in fear for his safety then the use of the dog in a direct role is the same as an other form of force used in self defence, i.e. it must be proportionate. I would suggest that if anyone is prepared to persist in the face of the presence of the dog then allowing "Fang" to have a nibble would probably be justified, particularly if it's all on camera.

A final thought, if it's a police or service dog and a Malinois don't even think about it because you'll make its day.

TheRambler
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

Flup wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 am
According to Lexis this section (along with some others) was never brought into force. Some of the act was commenced on 1st Feb 1976 (SI 1975/1767) but ss 2, 3, 4, and 6 were excluded.
You're right - I stand corrected. So, although one can theoretically get a guard dog licence, there are no penalties for not having one. The law is often a little - counterintuitive.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

So Neelu has finally tried her routine on someone who’s not under any obligation at all to be polite, diplomatic, understanding or even remotely considerate to the likes of Neelu.

About time.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm
hucknallred wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm I just caught this snippet when asked if his dogs were licenced
I've got a TV licence if that helps.
How about a cat licence from the Ministry of Housinge?
A license to sell hair tonic
to bald eagles
in the state of Michigan?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

She's outside the RCJ again, and, well,
Rcj 14th of September 2018 fail to stop the auction of my home on Monday 17th September 2018
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm She's outside the RCJ again, and, well,
Rcj 14th of September 2018 fail to stop the auction of my home on Monday 17th September 2018
So, Armageddon is announced or “Not with a bang but a whimper”?

I’ll place 1RE on the latter. Promissory note of course.

TheRambler
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

So Monday is D Day. Put it in your diaries folks, another one about to find the very real consequences of very fake law.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I would hope RCJ security isn't letting Neelu through the front door at this point.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The silly sod seems to think the state is going to pay her compensation for 'her' house. I think what the judge actually said was her claim for £1,000,000 'damages' against all and sundry would cover the sum if she won.

I would imagine the RCJ judge had no power to stop the auction except in the case of a lower court making an error in law. Given the fact the bank were entitled to possession by the terms of the mortgage due to non-payment the lower court had no option but to grant the possession so an error in law argument will get nowhere.

Game over except for her ludicrous £1,000,000 claim which will be thrown out with little or no ceremony if, and it's a big if, she ever files it properly in the first place.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

If anyone else like me is mystified about these comments, Hoaxtead has published the link to her RCJ hearing video.

https://www.facebook.com/victor.pc.589/ ... 3396680078

“All auctioned properties are stolen.”

Well, that’s “Homes Under The Hammer” buggered!

She is planning to attend the auction. May be worth a day trip :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Wozzle
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Wozzle »

..they've failed the unfitness to practice test
Doesn't that mean they're fit to practice then Neelu?
AnOwlCalledSage

I won't post her latest video here as the only thing of note FMOTL wise is that her chum Edward William Ellis got slung out of Kingston Crown Court during what appears to be a child custody appeal. We know that his preferred method to get around his non-lawyer status is by trying to pass himself off as a material witness. It seems the judge refused to let him testify and told him he will be forcibly ejected if he tried to return. :snicker:

However, there was one moment of clarity from Princess Lotus: “My brain doesn’t work very well.”