One down, three to go

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Page 60
The targets are the louses who hold you down.

Government leaders, political authorities, and all members of their immediate staffs. Theses are the primary villains, your fellow citizens who benefit most from your loss of freedom... In a situation where our own leaders steal freedom, this group would be the first priority
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Excerpts from page 69.
People are most vulnerable when they are off duty and having fun...

If the secret freedom fighter has access to the area behind the bar at the officer's club, the tyrant buying the drinks could end up wishing he had never left the office...

The secret freedom fighter might already have prepared some special ice cubes. He takes a poison that is soluble in water, perhaps nothing more than a pharmaceutical like digitalis or a good does of the herbicide Paraquat...

If you are a bartender, you can target a specific individual...

If you aren't a bartender but have access to the bar area, you can slip the special ice cube in with the rest and let the draw determine the victim...

A groundskeeper at the golf club where only the political elite of the new government play notes a forested rough area where golfers sometimes spend long periods of time looking for lost balls. The groundskeeper covers a ball-peen hammer head with an old cover off a golf ball. He hides the "weapon" under the roots of one of the trees in the rough area...
Demo.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Anything in there about using boxcutters to turn ariplanes into missles?
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Anything in there about using boxcutters to turn ariplanes into missles?
That would be covered in the post-doctorate manual.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote: I purchased the book in question. Judge for yourselves.

Page 72, from a chapter entitled "Getting at Them".
Good God! And the scary thing is they're for real.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Ah yes, another one of the old "fantasy manuals."

Those who remember Michael Hoy's Loompanics store will recognize the genre.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Anything in there about using boxcutters to turn ariplanes into missles?
Of course not. That would require the nutjob to be willing to die for his cause. This book is only for those who are willing to murder, but not die or do time.

Page 41.
Things have reached the point where you want to take a few risks to try to make things better. You start thinking about killing somebody, if only to get a bit of revenge. You've read the first few chapters of this book and you've made up your mind that it's time to become secret freedom fighter. What's life worth if you can't be free?

It's not worth very much if you're not free, but it is not worth anything if you are dead. Unless you're a nut case, you not only want your freedom back, you want to stick around to enjoy it. In real life, dead heroes are a joke.
Demo.
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Demosthenes wrote:
Of course not. That would require the nutjob to be willing to die for his cause. This book is only for those who are willing to murder, but not die or do time.

Page 41.
Things have reached the point where you want to take a few risks to try to make things better. You start thinking about killing somebody, if only to get a bit of revenge. You've read the first few chapters of this book and you've made up your mind that it's time to become secret freedom fighter. What's life worth if you can't be free?

It's not worth very much if you're not free, but it is not worth anything if you are dead. Unless you're a nut case, you not only want your freedom back, you want to stick around to enjoy it. In real life, dead heroes are a joke.
Yes it makes sense. Most midwesterners have this overblown religious work ethic (I have it), and dying kinda spoils the fun of seeing your plans come together in a well executed project that you can bring the kids down to the basement to admire. "See son: I built this armoire...let me show you the dovetails ans hand cut nails Uncle Frank helped me with."

I never assumed for a moment that the 9-11 attacks were Americans because of that need to see the "plan come together". (And some feeling told me Osama bin Laden was behind it.) However, we do have a small-numbers of sensational murder-suicides of truely delusional people.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Truly scary to think that I could be a target of some these people like this. Makes me glad I'm fairly low on the totem pole of gub'mit politics. Still, I've had some pretty nasty threats against me and reading that manual creeps me out a little.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Imalawman wrote:Truly scary to think that I could be a target of some these people like this. Makes me glad I'm fairly low on the totem pole of gub'mit politics. Still, I've had some pretty nasty threats against me and reading that manual creeps me out a little.
As it should. Nothing like being unarmed (except for a bear skull)and in uniform (Park Ranger) having some drunk surly guy in your face ranting about the evil government restricting his right to shoot animals out of season (state game warden) and taking away his land (county tax department) and getting pissed because he thinks your an authority figure representing all three and not some guy there to teach children about bear safety and go on nature hikes.