Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Post by SteveUK »

I think all this talk of kids, nonces, assault, dealing etc need to be reigned in.

It's (1) sketchy, dubious information, (2) his truly private affairs and (3) not relevant to fmotl antics.

Its a fine line to tread, but I fear we may fall on the wrong side of it. I personally don't think that's what quatloos should be about. Of course, many will disagree, and that's fine, I'm not criticising anyone, but that's my 2 REs.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Aegis
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Aegis »

The Seventh String wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:13 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:31 pm Whilst I don't expect a defamation suit anytime soon, the law centres on the interpretation of a third party who may not understand any forum related nuances. The test is whether the words given their ordinary and natural meaning would damage the claimant's reputation.
It is however open for the court to conclude that the plaintiff’s reputation is already so poor that whatever the alleged defamation is it couldn’t lower the plaintiff’s reputation or standing in the minds of “right thinking people”.

Or for a jury to conclude there was defamation, but the plaintiff is so objectionable they should only get one penny in damages. If the court also refuses to award costs against the defamer winning a libel case can be financially disastrous.
On a previous forum I've used the fact that someone had an absurdly poor reputation already as defence of the fact that we were discussing their shortcomings publicly. Nothing we said as a small online group could possibly have harmed their reputation more than they'd already done to themselves, so their threat of a defamation lawsuit was met with a PFO letter!
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:22 am I think all this talk of kids, nonces, assault, dealing etc need to be reigned in.

It's (1) sketchy, dubious information, (2) his truly private affairs and (3) not relevant to fmotl antics.

Its a fine line to tread, but I fear we may fall on the wrong side of it. I personally don't think that's what quatloos should be about. Of course, many will disagree, and that's fine, I'm not criticising anyone, but that's my 2 REs.
To be fair it's Mr M himself who makes his business public and in such a way as to invite ridicule, nay, beg for it. But it does get very tired very quickly. Be interesting to know what he was arrested for though.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Over on Failings of the FMOTL, Roy says this about his ex-friend Chrisy's whereabouts last Friday:
... I was informed that he was signing on for his bail conditions and he got arrested and presented to the court for breaching said bail conditions. The breach was snatching his 2 boys from their mother. Chelmsford police station and magistrates court was his location on Friday. Pmsl
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He Who Knows wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:53 pm Over on Failings of the FMOTL, Roy says this about his ex-friend Chrisy's whereabouts last Friday:
... I was informed that he was signing on for his bail conditions and he got arrested and presented to the court for breaching said bail conditions. The breach was snatching his 2 boys from their mother. Chelmsford police station and magistrates court was his location on Friday. Pmsl
Oh. My. If that is true he could/should be in all kinds of trouble. Doesn't that sound seriously like kidnapping more than breach of conditions?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm Oh. My. If that is true he could/should be in all kinds of trouble. Doesn't that sound seriously like kidnapping more than breach of conditions?
It's doubtful that it would invoke the Child Abduction Act 1984, as that is mainly about taking children out of the UK. Prosecution for "Kidnapping" by a parent is mentioned in Section 5 but requires the permission of the Director of Public Prosecutions. If it was simply "no contact" police bail conditions, then I suspect that would be the offence pursued.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Let's not forget the source of all of this is a posting on Facebook by someone who obviously has a grudge. Hardly a reliable source. I thought we had higher standards on here.
As unpleasant as he is, I see no hard proof of any of these goings on at present.
notorial dissent

Considering who we're talking about it wouldn't surprise me in the least. He is an idiot who thinks he is on a mission, so stupid is well within his wheelhouse.

So you're saying that taking a person, or more precisely a child, without permission or authority IS NOT a crime?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:32 pm
So you're saying that taking a person, or more precisely a child, without permission or authority IS NOT a crime?
I agree with the sentiment that the report is from an unreliable witness, and that we should be circumspect, but as a general point all would depend on an individual custody order and we do not have access to all the facts.

Taking one's own child with or without "permission" of the other parent, if the parent legally has parental responsibility or a contact order and doesn't leave the UK, it is not a crime unless the Director of Public Prosecutions authorises a prosecution.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:32 pm
UK law wouldn't jump straight to kidnap charges, but it is contempt of court as the court has told you what the agreement is going to be. People will get jail time for not doing what the court said.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:32 pmUK law wouldn't jump straight to kidnap charges, but it is contempt of court as the court has told you what the agreement is going to be. People will get jail time for not doing what the court said.
Agreed. It would be contempt or breaking bail conditions. All jailable, but not kidnap or abduction.

But I also agree with hucknallred in that we have no idea if any of this is true.
notorial dissent

I'm talking about an unrelated third party, which is what Cwissy is, UNLESS he has minor children with someone we don't know about, which is NOT at all what this sounds like.
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 pm I'm talking about an unrelated third party, which is what Cwissy is, UNLESS he has minor children with someone we don't know about, which is NOT at all what this sounds like.
The actual text of the act is:
A person is connected with a child for the purposes of this section if—

(a) he is a parent of the child; or

(b) in the case of a child whose parents were not married to each other at the time of his birth, there are reasonable grounds for believing that he is the father of the child; or

(c) he is a guardian of the child; or

(ca) he is a special guardian of the child; or

(d) he is a person named in a child arrangements order as a person with whom the child is to live; or

(e) he has custody of the child.
So, it covers a wider selection of people than "parent" alone would, but there has to be some legal relationship with the child. Abduction of a child under 16 by a stranger is dealt with in Section 2 of the act; there's no requirement for permission from the DPP in this case. Abduction of a child over 16 is kidnapping at common law.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Any Quatloosians out there who can check the listings for Chelmsford Magistrates Court last Friday 21st September? Christopher Morris's ex-mate seems to think Chrisy was in court for breaching his bail condition regarding access to 2 of his 3 children.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
AnOwlCalledSage

He Who Knows wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am Any Quatloosians out there who can check the listings for Chelmsford Magistrates Court last Friday 21st September? Christopher Morris's ex-mate seems to think Chrisy was in court for breaching his bail condition regarding access to 2 of his 3 children.
I've never found an online resource. I think you have to call the individual magistrates' court.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Our lad attended Chelmsford Magistrates court on Weds though it's a bit unclear why. I have heard harassment of his ex is one of the charges but so far nothing to substantiate that.

Apparently it was adjourned until the 31st for reasons.

More here for FB fans.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/186153768 ... nt_mention
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Chrisy Morris's big day in court today.
Spooktacular. :twisted: :mrgreen: :evil:
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

TheHallouminati wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 am Chrisy Morris's big day in court today.
Spooktacular. :twisted: :mrgreen: :evil:
There seems to be more to Morris than just an ill informed gobshite.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Saw this on the fmotl fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4l64_whLU

I have no desire to watch myself, no idea of the content either, but flagged as inappropriate.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

This must be a first:

Morris hosts an online phone in show every Sunday 7pm to 8.30pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WPYtKswo8

This week, he and they guy the sets up the chat room were on air for 1.5 hours. No one rang in.

Maybe everyone was busy watching The Great British Mortgage Swindle or were just at home not beating up their wives.