UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

The Seventh String
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by The Seventh String »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm She says it's a caution +3 interview which means that she cannot be arrested at the interview.
It’s a voluntary interview under caution so she’s free to leave.

And the police are free to arrest her if she tries to leave and they think an arrest is appropriate. Or if she admits an arrestable offence during the interview.

And anything said in the interview can be placed before a court as evidence.

I wonder if her arch-nemesis, that shape-shifting master of disguise PC He-With-Many-Names-And-Faces will be present?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

He'll be in the corner disguised as a filing cabinet.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

The Seventh String wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm She says it's a caution +3 interview which means that she cannot be arrested at the interview.
It’s a voluntary interview under caution so she’s free to leave.

And the police are free to arrest her if she tries to leave and they think an arrest is appropriate. Or if she admits an arrestable offence during the interview.

And anything said in the interview can be placed before a court as evidence.

I wonder if her arch-nemesis, that shape-shifting master of disguise PC He-With-Many-Names-And-Faces will be present?
I slightly misread the UK police online forum post. :oops:

The judge's ruling they quote was that you cannot be invited to an Caution+3 interview and be arrested on turning up at the police station. My understanding is that it hinged on if they had enough evidence to arrest, the suspect should have been arrested anyway not "invited" for an interview.
However, the Judge did not accept that the arrest would be lawful, stating:
"It is not a decision or indication that I consider the claimant should be, or may lawfully be, arrested."
It's a voluntary interview so she can't be arrested for merely trying to leave. But I agree. If she admits to an arrestable offence during the interview then that is a different matter.

All the legal advice I've seen online from solicitors is never attend a voluntary interview!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm beginning to wonder if Neelu has the attention span of a goldfish. She seems to stagger from one legal crisis to another without grasping the fact that injunction handed down in previous cases still apply even when her self-destructive personality has moved on to another.

An injunction against libelling people about the tragic death of her niece... Maybe she grasped that.

An injunction against harassing the victims of the Hamstead hoax... OK... Lets forget about the niece injunction.

Gets evicted from her house... Forget about the niece injunction and the Hampstead injunction.

I can see this ending in one of only two ways. She ends up being sectioned and spending a very long period of time unwillingly caught up in the compulsory end of the mental health system or she ends up spending long spells in the prison system.

She's clearly either unwilling or unable to understand that her hateful nonsense has consequences. Lets hope somebody has the balls to say... "OK... That's enough!"... and bring her to her senses.... If she has any senses to be brought to... Which is debatable.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rosy

Post by rosy »

longdog wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 pm I can see this ending in one of only two ways. She ends up being sectioned and spending a very long period of time unwillingly caught up in the compulsory end of the mental health system or she ends up spending long spells in the prison system.

She's clearly either unwilling or unable to understand that her hateful nonsense has consequences. Lets hope somebody has the balls to say... "OK... That's enough!"... and bring her to her senses.... If she has any senses to be brought to... Which is debatable.
Whilst I agree that she's as mad as a box of frogs, I don't think she is ill enough to be sectioned. She's not delusional in the classic sense and she doesn't seem to be a danger to herself or others. She has some odd (daft) ideas and beliefs but she can function in society.

However, given Sabine McNeill's sentence for breaking injunctions, I think Neelu does need to engage a proper solicitor (not EWE) for this interview. For our entertainment, of course, EWE would do fine. :mrgreen:
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm He'll be in the corner disguised as a filing cabinet.
To which there is only one possible response.

(Jackie Charlton and the Tonettes, for those worried about the content of the video).
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

If the police want to get Neelu for viooating either of her restraining orders, they need only ask one question: "is this your website?" For example, her brand new page starts with:
REMEDY HAS BEEN DENIED TO THE FAMILY OF BABY SUNAINA CHAUDHARI SINCE HER DEATH ON 26 OCTOBER 2000 IN THE CARE OF REDBRIDGE SOCIAL SERVICES IN A UK STATE NHS HOSPITAL BLAH BLAH STATE TERRORISM BLAH BLAH RUIN FRAUD BLAH BLAH DRUG OVERDOSES BLAH BLAH COVERUP BLAH BLAH PARLIAMENT BLAH BLAH
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm

She says it's a caution +3 interview
lol. is this a dungeons and dragons interview? what the hell goes on over there?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm He'll be in the corner disguised as a filing cabinet.
they caught on the the Christmas cactus ruse eh?
AnOwlCalledSage

Chaos wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am lol. is this a dungeons and dragons interview? what the hell goes on over there?
:lol: :Axe:
Caution +2 (suspect not under arrest)
Caution plus:
[*]They are not under arrest, and
[*]They are not obliged to remain with the officer. (Code C 10.2)

Caution +3 (Suspect attends police station for questioning)
Caution plus:
[*]They are entitled to legal advice.
Update (from Hoaxtead):

It seems that they have enough evidence for an arrest after all. More research turns up that the Met Police now apparently use Caution+3 interviews to get around the new 12 month limit on police bail after arrest.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I've watched that most recent video and I have to say that Neelu s looking a bit rough these days. Very rough in fact.

The plods can no longer arrest people if the only purpose of the arrest is just to interview them. They have to offer a voluntary interview and its only after refusals can they then feel the collar as it were.

It makes sense really as folk have just the same protections as if they were in custody.

She spouts the usual nonsense about no-one having jurisdiction over her, every police officer is corrupt and that they are only doing this in furtherance of some horrendous campaign to silence her. If this were true, judging by the prodigious YT videos Neelu churns out on an almost daily basis they are failing very badly. This harks back to efforts to conduct a caution interview on the 13th April and a video in which EWE clearly passes himself off as a lawyer. Neelu crows back then that EWE 'outwits' the police.

It's taken six months for this to catch up with her but although the wheels of justice turn very slowly in Essex, turn they do. This is about breaches of a restraining order, not sure which one but in the intervening 6 months I think there will have been very many more, all publicly accessible and easy to find.

Despite her bravado, it seems she is going to attend Ilford Police Station tomorrow, good to hear that NB is thinking of taking a real solicitor with her this time, not one of the 'equity' variety. I do pity the poor cops who'll need a doughnut or two to recover after their upcoming ordeal-by-Neelu.
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 pm This is about breaches of a restraining order, not sure which one but in the intervening 6 months I think there will have been very many more, all publicly accessible and easy to find.
I too was not sure, but she clarified it when she posted "Worsley Restraint Fraud". It's the Hoaxtead one from when she and Sabine McNeill were arrested for harassing the people of Hampstead. Judge Worsley issued that particular retraining order.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am
Chaos wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 am lol. is this a dungeons and dragons interview? what the hell goes on over there?
:lol: :Axe:
Caution +2 (suspect not under arrest)
Caution plus:

Caution +3 (Suspect attends police station for questioning)
Caution plus:
[*]They are entitled to legal advice.
Update (from Hoaxtead):

It seems that they have enough evidence for an arrest after all. More research turns up that the Met Police now apparently use Caution+3 interviews to get around the new 12 month limit on police bail after arrest.
"you was already asked"? really? sounds like it was written by a 419 scammer
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 pm Despite her bravado, it seems she is going to attend Ilford Police Station tomorrow, good to hear that NB is thinking of taking a real solicitor with her this time, not one of the 'equity' variety. I do pity the poor cops who'll need a doughnut or two to recover after their upcoming ordeal-by-Neelu.
I wonder how long her legal representative will last? The usual FMOTL pattern is dispense with them when they refuse offer the fantasy defence provided by their client. The solicitor is then accused of being hand in glove with the authorities as well uneducated in the efficacy of Common Law.

The interviewing officers will have to keep tight control of the proceedings, and probably will. Neelu will probably attempt to provide answers to the questions she would like to be asked, not the ones put to her. I am sure that her solicitor’s advice will have been “no comment” and, following a consultation, a written statement. Can’t see Neelu let him get away with that taking sensible advice.

TheRambler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

It has been stated in this thread that she is entitled to "legal advice". Must the person providing such advice be a licensed professional, such as a barrister or solicitor?

If someone shows up with her who is NOT licensed to practice law, can the police deny that person permission to participate in the interview?

In the US, I believe that, at least for adults, someone offering legal counsel MUST be a licensed attorney. For minors, a parent can be present for the questioning.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I thought her self ascribed status as 'whistle-blower*' rendered her immune from all legal action both criminal and civil. Wasn't that the whole point of her recent rambling and incoherent applications to the high court?

*Slanderous, libellous, delusional nut-job.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

noblepa wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm It has been stated in this thread that she is entitled to "legal advice". Must the person providing such advice be a licensed professional, such as a barrister or solicitor?

If someone shows up with her who is NOT licensed to practice law, can the police deny that person permission to participate in the interview?

In the US, I believe that, at least for adults, someone offering legal counsel MUST be a licensed attorney. For minors, a parent can be present for the questioning.
I would think any 'legal advisor' would have to be capable of giving legal advice to some sort of provable minimum standard otherwise the rules would say "you can bring any random nutter with you".
AnOwlCalledSage

noblepa wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm It has been stated in this thread that she is entitled to "legal advice". Must the person providing such advice be a licensed professional, such as a barrister or solicitor?

Yes, they must be licensed. The exception is that a vulnerable adult is allowed an "appropriate adult" to attend an interview but they are forbidden from providing legal advice. However, it is the custody officer who decides whether this is appropriate. You cannot demand one.

She can ask for an interpreter, but I don't think a Neelu to Earth interpreter is available.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm

I would think any 'legal advisor' would have to be capable of giving legal advice to some sort of provable minimum standard otherwise the rules would say "you can bring any random nutter with you".
Licensed only at the cop shop unless you're a minor or vulnerable.

It's been very quiet on her FB page and that of the usual suspects. The mischievous side of me hopes she's currently enjoying a custody cell.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
jonathan01n
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by jonathan01n »

Voluntary interview but with with warning of arrest

Voluntary -
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voluntary

Done, given, or acting of one's own FREE WILL.

If you don't comply you will get arrest how can it be voluntary, this is duress surely.

If this name is misleading it should be changed otherwise the freeman may find a loophole again.